Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New to the forums, help with Pachinko machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New to the forums, help with Pachinko machine

Hey all- I just had my 40th birthday party (it was arcade-related since I have 10 video games and 2 pinball machines) and my boss and wife got me an extremely thoughtful gift- a pachinko machine! This thing is really sweet, but I don't have the damnedest idea about it! I've done some googling, but can't find my exact machine, year, etc. It says Sanyo on it. Here's a pic and I'm sure you guys can pinpoint this one:

9LixmIJ.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to oldtymetoys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First off. to Pachitalk.

I believe you have a 1973-74 Sanyo Comet 2 machine. I can't tell for sure because this machine had 2 different back styles. One used all orange plastic (comet 2) and the other used dark blue plastics (normal model B). So if you could post a pic of the back that would be great.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Max! Well, there is no back . Is there another way to tell? Are replacements/repros easy to find?
    ** Click here for Arcade Key Chains Made To Order! **

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to the forums, help with Pachinko machine

Welcome to the PachiTalk family! We are happy to have another Pachinko enthusiast join our ranks!

What a thoughtful gift you received. Pachinko machines are not only pop-culture fun, they are great conversation pieces when you have visitors to your game room. You can learn so much about them from the community here in a relatively short period of time.

When you say that "there is no back", are you referring to a cover for the entire back of the machine, or are you referring to the mechanics on the back that make the machine work? These machines do not come with covers for the entire back of the machine, as they were mounted in walls in the Pachinko parlors, so rear covers were not needed. I would say that the best thing to do is post a quick picture of the back of your machine (several close ups if possible) and we can take a look to make sure everything you need for proper operation is there, as well as what (if anything) may be missing.

You will find this forum is a very friendly and helpful place to visit, so please feel free to post ANY questions you come up with, no matter how basic or "dumb" they may seem.

Again, welcome to the PachiTalk family! Please visit us daily and post often.

~Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PT and
    Your machine looks to be beautifully restored! Congratulations!

Don

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Max means the back of the machine. Pachinko machines don't have a 'back case' but photos of the back mechanical workings can really help in identifying specific machines. So just send a picture of the backside of the machine and we'll be able to see whats what.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Skydanz View Post
    Welcome to PT and
    Your machine looks to be beautifully restored! Congratulations!

Don
    Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post

Welcome to the PachiTalk family! We are happy to have another Pachinko enthusiast join our ranks!

What a thoughtful gift you received. Pachinko machines are not only pop-culture fun, they are great conversation pieces when you have visitors to your game room. You can learn so much about them from the community here in a relatively short period of time.

When you say that "there is no back", are you referring to a cover for the entire back of the machine, or are you referring to the mechanics on the back that make the machine work? These machines do not come with covers for the entire back of the machine, as they were mounted in walls in the Pachinko parlors, so rear covers were not needed. I would say that the best thing to do is post a quick picture of the back of your machine (several close ups if possible) and we can take a look to make sure everything you need for proper operation is there, as well as what (if anything) may be missing.

You will find this forum is a very friendly and helpful place to visit, so please feel free to post ANY questions you come up with, no matter how basic or "dumb" they may seem.

Again, welcome to the PachiTalk family! Please visit us daily and post often.

~Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    Max means the back of the machine. Pachinko machines don't have a 'back case' but photos of the back mechanical workings can really help in identifying specific machines. So just send a picture of the backside of the machine and we'll be able to see whats what.
    Thanks guys! Shows you how much I know!!! I'm not home ATM, but I remember the back being mostly orange. I post some pics later tonight. What's a machine like this worth?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by oldtymetoys View Post
    Thanks guys! Shows you how much I know!!! I'm not home ATM, but I remember the back being mostly orange. I post some pics later tonight. What's a machine like this worth?
    nice looking machine... value is always hard... does it work??? do ya have pachinko balls?? if so how many???

value as it sits??? working 50 to 75 dollers.. but im in a market that has pleaty of machines... Pittsburg??? hard to say...

if i were selling it with balls and in working condition i would ask 150 and take consider fair offers

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    nice looking machine... value is always hard... does it work??? do ya have pachinko balls?? if so how many???

value as it sits??? working 50 to 75 dollers.. but im in a market that has pleaty of machines... Pittsburg??? hard to say...

if i were selling it with balls and in working condition i would ask 150 and take consider fair offers

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Thanks! Yep, it works and pays out as it should. One thing I can't figure out is how to get it to light up! Here's a pic of the back:

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to oldtymetoys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, I have about 300 balls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tried checking the bulbs for a voltage but there are no markings on them at all. I have 2 wires and when hooked up to a 9v battery, nothing happens. I'm guessing that it runs off of 12v?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The bulbs will not illuminate simply by attaching a battery.

A vintage typically has two lights. The first light is the jackpot supply low light. It is located in the upper left of the playfield (upper right when looking at the back). Beneath the jackpot supply chute, you will see a normally closed pressure switch (in yellow on your machine with a green wire). The weight of the balls in the chute causes the switch to be in the open position. When the tray becomes empty, the mechanism lifts off the pressure switch closing the connection and activating the light. The light will remain on until the jackpot supply is filled sufficiently to open the switch and extinguish the light. That mechanism also controls a flag or gate which will block incoming balls from the shooter chamber so that you can't continue to play with a low jackpot condition.

Elsewhere on the machine, perhaps behind the plastic, is either another pressure switch or a copper reed switch which is activated when the winning ball activates the jackpot mechanism. On many machines this is near what is called "the jackpot seesaw". This seesaw is a weighted mechanism that is normally set to allow the winning ball to enter the seesaw. The weight of the ball tips the seesaw downward, preventing the entrance of any other winning balls until the jackpot cycle is complete. When this seesaw tilts downward there is typically a normally open pressure switch or reed switch which causes the light to light until the jackpot seesaw is reset.

Look for another pressure switch or reed switch on the back and watch what happens to it when a jackpot is won.

The great thing is that even if you don't have the original electrics, they are simple to install on a machine with some very basic soldering skills.

Billy of Pachinko planet wrote a pretty good .pdf for vintage pachinko machine wiring. They also sell some kits including bulbs, wiring, harnesses and guides for fairly cheap. Although you can also get the components at Radio Shack.

The PDF is here: http://www.vintagepachinko.com/Elect...20machines.pdf

One thing Billy promotes is wiring the jackpot supply low light and win lights together so you get more "flash" when the machine wins. He also advocates not connecting the jackpot low lights and prefers the gate be the only indication of a low jackpot supply.

Something can be said for that, but my preference is to wire the machine according to it's original lighting design. It's just a matter of preference. Traditionally, however, the upper left hand corner light on the playfield is reserved for the low jackpot, regardless of the manufacturer, so for me it's weird to see it cycle during a win.
    Last edited by p.opus; 05-21-2013 at 09:59 PM.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    The bulbs will not illuminate simply by attaching a battery.

A vintage typically has two lights. The first light is the jackpot supply low light. It is located in the upper left of the playfield (upper right when looking at the back). Beneath the jackpot supply chute, you will see a normally closed pressure switch (in yellow on your machine with a green wire). The weight of the balls in the chute causes the switch to be in the open position. When the tray becomes empty, the mechanism lifts off the pressure switch closing the connection and activating the light. The light will remain on until the jackpot supply is filled sufficiently to open the switch and extinguish the light. That mechanism also controls a flag or gate which will block incoming balls from the shooter chamber so that you can't continue to play with a low jackpot condition.

Elsewhere on the machine, perhaps behind the plastic, is either another pressure switch or a copper reed switch which is activated when the winning ball activates the jackpot mechanism. On many machines this is near what is called "the jackpot seesaw". This seesaw is a weighted mechanism that is normally set to allow the winning ball to enter the seesaw. The weight of the ball tips the seesaw downward, preventing the entrance of any other winning balls until the jackpot cycle is complete. When this seesaw tilts downward there is typically a normally open pressure switch or reed switch which causes the light to light until the jackpot seesaw is reset.

Look for another pressure switch or reed switch on the back and watch what happens to it when a jackpot is won.

The great thing is that even if you don't have the original electrics, they are simple to install on a machine with some very basic soldering skills.

Billy of Pachinko planet wrote a pretty good .pdf for vintage pachinko machine wiring. They also sell some kits including bulbs, wiring, harnesses and guides for fairly cheap. Although you can also get the components at Radio Shack.

The PDF is here: http://www.vintagepachinko.com/Elect...20machines.pdf

One thing Billy promotes is wiring the jackpot supply low light and win lights together so you get more "flash" when the machine wins. He also advocates not connecting the jackpot low lights and prefers the gate be the only indication of a low jackpot supply.

Something can be said for that, but my preference is to wire the machine according to it's original lighting design. It's just a matter of preference. Traditionally, however, the upper left hand corner light on the playfield is reserved for the low jackpot, regardless of the manufacturer, so for me it's weird to see it cycle during a win.
    Awesome info- thanks! Yep, I pulled the lights again, followed the wiring and got both lights to work. I do have a leaf switch that is broken off on that seesaw part. I'll change it out with one from a pushbutton. Can't wait to have this thing completely "blinged out"!!

19. The following user says "Thanks" to oldtymetoys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like your gona be better starting from scratch... you have a micro switch for low balls and you have a leif switch for a jackpot..

think of the lighs like a loop

from the battery to the switch, then to the light then back to the battery..

if ya need a hand let us know...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't see the leaf switch in the photo. Leaf switches can be a bit tough to spot sometimes. micro switches are much easier to spot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The leaf switch is broken off by the seesaw. I have extra ones lying around from push buttons that I can use.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!

Very nice looking machine!!!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome!

If I'm not mistaken, the jackpot leaf switch is the blue box, about mid way up, to the right.

Bill
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by browne92 View Post
    Welcome!

If I'm not mistaken, the jackpot leaf switch is the blue box, about mid way up, to the right.

Bill

thats what i was thinking

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast