Thread: Custom Sound Integration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Custom Sound Integration

Thanks for the info. Above my electronics skill set though, lol. So here is what I did, sounds great and works perfectly. Sounds like factory installed sounds...

Basically, I piggy-backed the original sounds, and connected the trigger to the light bulbs used for certain events. For example, when a respin is hit, the machine would play a melody for 3.1 seconds, and light up the respin lamp on the reel glass. So I used the custom module, tapped it into the speakers of the pachislo, added my MP3 sound file onto the sound module with 3.1 seconds of silence before the clip plays. I then connected it to trigger the play using the lamp that lights up when a respin is shown on the reel glass for the trigger. The result, respin light lights up, 3.1 seconds of factory "do-do-do" music, followed immediately by my custom sound (in this particular case, a voice). Even if spinning again right away, the mp3 file plays all the way to the end. Perfect

The only downside, the unit still runs on batteries. Uses 3 watch batteries. I tried supplying 5 volts directly from the machine, and it is too much for the circuit... doesn't hurt anything, but it won't play the sound with 5 volts. The manufacturer told me that 5 volts might be a little much, and to try 3-4 volts. I can't find a 3-4 volt power source in the machine, so guess I'm going to have to go find a resister at Radio Shack... I don't have any laying around. Anyone know off hand if there is a 3-4 volt constant powerpoint located in the machine? I poked around with my multimeter, but couldn't find anything.

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to angryninjas