Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Oh my!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Oh my!

I think I might do a Marvin the Martian on my Neo PlanetT.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

People know what they want, and they will pay a good $$$ if you can provide them quality. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I know the sword I put on that machine isn't a "ninja" sword, but you can't just go to the custom sword bandit arm store and choose between European and Ninja sword. I was lucky to get ANY sword bandit arm. I wanted to try and offer a machine that would be a conversation piece, something unique. This was an expensive add on, and even though it wasn't cost effective to put the working sword arm on, the 2 customers who have bought the machine before have both sent me emails that tell me it that they love it. Most of my sales are from word of mouth recomendations from happy customers. That is the most "cost effective" advertising that I know.
    Doc

Doc

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey doc. Thanks for not unleashing the fury over this one. I was just laughing over the sword bit mostly! That is funny stuffs! At least to me. Anyways they do sell and I understand why people would want a machine that actually has some english on the fron rather than giant Japanese letters that they have to tell their friends.... "I dunno what it says" :confused: The Neo's sell fine either way. They dont nab as much as the Star Wars themed ones I bet. When I see Star Wars items I get a little pissy.... simply due to the fact that LucA$$ sold out his franchise to make a quick buck. He ruined the whole theme with this Jar Jar crap and "Weesa da Gungans Massa" speek. Every movie seems like 3 or 4 seperate kids adventures not one epic one. Plus who needs acting or actual characters when there is CGI to make things happen! I sure hope the third one doesnt dissapoint.

Mediclorians..... HRMRRNRMR

Woah! How did I get on the Star Wars thing! hahah

Peace Out... feel free to delete this thread. I didnt know it was a pachitalk member!

Sam

Went a little icon crazy!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

feel free to delete this thread. I didnt know it was a pachitalk member!
    Sam, chances are pretty good that is someone is into pachi's, buying or selling, they are a member here!

Don't worry, Doc's a good natured guy and he's a pretty good fantasy football player too, even though he claimed it was his first year!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We are all one big happy "Pachi family" Doc

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Group Grug
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drugdoc
    We are all one big happy "Pachi family" Doc
    Good to see you back Doc !

Hey Sam don't worry about saying you don't like some of the customs. It makes for interesting conversation and we have had custom pachislo discussions for a long time that come and go.

Personally I at first I couldn't stand customized Pachislos but you have to admit it is "the thing" now and probably soon customized Pachislos will overrun originals on Ebay. There is some fantastic work being done now and some of that is done by our members here. It's a growing industry and it is only going to get bigger !

Now if someone would just make a Ebay/Tulsa custom pachislo !!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sam, im wasnt trying to flame you, just was pointing out something you said. Alot of others around here feel the same as you do about custom machines, its been liek this since the beginning. Like I said I do alot of customs myself, and i have very happy customers. Alot of my resales come from word of mouth as well. Its nice to see that im not just throwing themes on machines for money, people really enjoy them. Anyway, no hard feelings, I just always have to throw my point of view in on the custom threads!

Utopia1dc

Even though I personally don't like SOME of the customizing going on on Ebay, if I was customizing and people where buying, I guess I would keep customizing. If the people buying know upfront what they are bidding on, then no harm no foul. But some people on Ebay (not neccessarily members here on PachiTalk) are very deceptive in their ads and that's when I have a problem with it. Some start saying RARE HARLEY, ONLY 2 SOLD ON EBAY THIS YEAR, etc...that's when it gets out of line. But then again that's just my tokens worth (which ain't much at all)!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm new to Pachislo (still looking for my first machine) so this may be totally out in left field but why isn't anybody customising the sounds to fit whatever cosmetic changes that are being made? I'm guessing that the sounds are just a ROM chip? People have been editing ROMs to greate custom video games for ages (I think Pac Man variations number in the thousands!). Surely there must be a programmer in the hobby willing to hack a few lines of code and burn a few ROMs. No?

Kevin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They are working on it...

Here is one thread:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3417

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia1dc
    I have a problem with it. Some start saying RARE HARLEY, ONLY 2 SOLD ON EBAY THIS YEAR, etc...that's when it gets out of line.(which ain't much at all)!

I particularly Loathe the ones that say.... The Rarest slot machine EVER on ebay. They usually have about at least 3 rarest going at once!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Davis
    .........Like I said I do alot of customs myself, and i have very happy customers. Alot of my resales come from word of mouth as well......
    This just proves it that the business to be in right now is selling customized pachislos. You never hear of any complaints from the customers PLUS most customizers get so much referrals from people that buy from them that they don't need to advertise PLUS customized pachislos are HUGE profit makers.

Everybody is happy for sure !!
    Last edited by azlew; 04-17-2005 at 03:28 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I dont think anyone has really figured out how to customize sounds yet, we had one guy on here very close but im not sure what ever happend to that!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PachiFool
    I'm new to Pachislo (still looking for my first machine) so this may be totally out in left field but why isn't anybody customising the sounds to fit whatever cosmetic changes that are being made? I'm guessing that the sounds are just a ROM chip? People have been editing ROMs to greate custom video games for ages (I think Pac Man variations number in the thousands!). Surely there must be a programmer in the hobby willing to hack a few lines of code and burn a few ROMs. No?

Kevin
    Sounds like you know what you are talking about. Why not go ahead and do it? Lots of folks here would be grateful.
    Gold God - Don Don King - Kung Fu Lady II - New Pulsar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by delphicoder
    Sounds like you know what you are talking about. Why not go ahead and do it? Lots of folks here would be grateful.
    Unfortunately, I know enough to talk about it but not to do it. I do have a ROM burner and have burned ROMs to replace bad ones on video game PCBs but my programming experience is very outdated. When I was a kid I hacked some code for a couple video games on my TI-99 computer but that was almost 30 years ago. I'm afraid this is a bit out of my league.

Kevin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes indeed...

Programming vs. Copying... there IS a difference.

Keep at it, Delphi... we know you gots "the right stuff".
    Hang in there, bud.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Delphi,
    I see in the other thread that you have made significant progress in this area. You haven't abandoned this, I hope? Did you ever post a web site of your work? I do work with several programmers that I might try to enlist into the project when I get a machine to play with. They work for the Gov't. so they should have plenty of free time on their hands.

Kevin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I took some time off from it to enjoy some other things (life, family, and teaching myself PIC assembly microcontrollers). I started looking at it again last night.

My biggest obstacle at the moment is lack of hardware. I have four machines, and just like the old pinball machines, they all use different chips etc... So far the most promising has been a FAUST. Unfortunetly for me, the amp was damaged and it stopped working all together before I could test my own voice on it :<

I wish I knew someone with a faust. Robert sent me some good parts and that helped, where the faust came from. I live in VA so there is really no one else that I can test with, unless JohntofVA wants to trust me with some tests of his machines.

Yamasa models (at least the ones I have analyzed) definietly have the same pattern. It is funny that although there are different vendors, they all seem to use the same methodology. The exception that I have seen is the New Pulsar (old machine, but good to mod) which is so ancient that it is greek to me!

Anyway... No, I have not given up, just needed a break from all of it. I don't know if I mentioned this in my other thread, but even though I am a programmer, the microcontroller world is new to me. So, it has been a learning curve. Still, algorithms and methodologies seem to be hetergenous as far as programming logic goes. Reverse engineering the main code lies in the StarNova chip, which I can't find anything on except that it MAY be Z80 based. I am not too concerned with that, I am concentrating on the sound modules. To mee, they are like DLLs. Take a look at my other threads and see if you agree. It has been interesting to note the variable names and method names as well that I have pulled out. If for nothing else to see a "human" side and to at least give indication that I am on the right track.

Again, I do not claim to be knowledgable on any of this. I am just drawing on my experience in other platforms and a drive to make my machine sound like I want it to. My goal is to make a customized machine of my family members. Not trying to "break the code" and sell it off for big bucks. As soon as I do break the code, I plan to inform those great folks here that have helped me. If it is costly for them to replicate it, I will already have the equipment to do it for them if I can help.

I hope that helps. I am not trying to corner the market, so I work on it when I can.
    Gold God - Don Don King - Kung Fu Lady II - New Pulsar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think some of the work done here is pretty awsome. I have a Savanna Park and unless I went with a jungle book theme I think the sound and led graphics would not lead kindly to something like a Blues Brothers or Sopranos theme. My kids would kill for that Looney Tune unit. Ready to part with it RK ?

I am sure there are many schools of thought such as a classic car restored to original vs street rod. As long as the job is done well (not a hack job) then all the power to them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast