Thread: and then there were 3, aka Rudy is watching you!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default and then there were 3, aka Rudy is watching you!!

We've been on the lookout for a Fun House pinball to add to the collection over the last couple of years.
    Luckily one came up for sale recently that wasn't too bad a condition and also not too far away,

Obviously not mint, it's a 23 year old machine but it's good condition for it's age and a few things we can work on at a later date like touching up the cabinet and the decals to the left and front have a little fading of the red colour. Ideally would like to replace the main ramp at some point too.

It was quite dirty / dusty and has a few broken plastics, missing screws etc, so I've ordered the plastics set and some new screws

We've made a start on cleaning the playfield, but obviously will wait to do most of it until the new plastics arrive and are fitted.

Game switched on and played as soon as it was plugged in, no errors showing, just a few easy things to attend to:

The lights on the mirror weren't working, checked and it just required a touch of solder on the connection to the board

about 3 or 4 bulbs needed replacing in various playfield locations

And Rudy's head was a bit loose, at one point my son said his eye had fallen out turned out the little linkage has just worked loose and his eye had just turned round, was easy to fix using tweezers to place the connection back in place, after we spent 10 minutes looking for the small linkage inside the cab where it had dropped through

really happy with this machine, it plays nice and is such fun, love the theme and 'Rudy' the talking head is very entertaining

My dining room has been hastily re-arranged for now, but I know you guys like pics, so here's a few:

Pics 1 & 2 - show fading of the red colour to the left and front of machine
    Pics 3 & 4 - show Rudys head and also the Mirror with the coloured lights
    Pic 5 - gratuitous pic of the slowly evolving Pinball arcade, errrrrr I mean dining room

Also, I only noticed as I was uploading the pics, that Rudy has a message for us in one of them!!

Fun House4.jpgFun House 1.jpgFun House2.jpgFun House3.jpgFun House5.jpg
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

2. The following 16 users say "Thanks" to hanabi