Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Travel Channel Japan show Pachinko Parlor Clip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Travel Channel Japan show Pachinko Parlor Clip

Quote Originally Posted by biigdaddy
    My perception WAS the same as Lew - to get the best percentage of banked spins per quantity of balls by stopping the balls when the banked spins bank is full (i.e., most spins for your dollar). I say "WAS" until you brought up the idea above of ""skip" the useless spins". How do you know a spin is going to be useless in advance? :questionm

Isn't the spin what you need to get the "7's"? Or are you saying that by reading the kokuru (sp) (the term you introduced indicating advance notice of a reach or other event) that you KNOW the next spin will or will not be a "payoff" spin? So you don't care that your spin bank is always full? Are you advocating never stopping the shooting unless you are in a super reach? (and what is the definition of that?)

You are providing much food for thought.
    Sorry, but I think we're starting to use different terminology as I don't really understand the term "bank" and "banked" in reference to pachinko, I keep thinking about billiards. Are you referring to the machine's spin memory?
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry. I'll clarify. Yes - the "bank" is the spin memory that tells you how many spins you have stored. It is the group of lights (typically 4) or other on-screen indicator (icon), for which one lights up or appears for each stored spin (rupan777 I'm sure you know the purpose, this is for newbies). If spins are "banked" then there are lights/indicators on, indicating you have spins stored, or in memory.
    Last edited by biigdaddy; 11-23-2005 at 02:44 PM.

Neo Magic Pulsar King Camel Beast Sapp:boxing: Dragon Dice
    Saint Maria Power Road Mountain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can imagine that some people do play it that way but, again, remember a few points:
    1) According to how the pins/nails are set, the gravity, etc., you might not even be able to get the full 4 spins banked at any time during play.
    2) Losing spins are typically fast enough to warrant not having to do this.
    3) Yes, yokoku determine a lot about the ensuing spin, not always though, so you don't necessarily have to bother watching a good 80-90% of your spins. Some manufacturers (like Heiwa) in 2003 acknowledged this by installing "touch" panels on the playfield to allow you to skip any spin to its final result:

dai[1].jpg

Notice the the small vertical rectangular panel in the lower left-hand side of the playfield in this machine.
    4) Again, there is the potential to manipulate odds without physical manipulation of the playfield or the ROM. There are some machines that are said to "react" in the favor of lower odds if certain pockets are hit during certain times. This falls under the "kouryaku" category (eg it may be true or not) but you can believe that people usually don't play by continuously shooting a few balls then hitting the button.
    5) The balls are not worth enough to bother being stingy. As a player, if you win a box it's like "Ho-hum".
    Pachislo players are the same way.

BTW, I assume you guys know what a reach is (when two of the same number lines up) but a super reach is an higher chance event - usually a long animation - that has a higher chance than just a normal reach.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to rupan777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rupan777
    1) According to how the pins/nails are set, the gravity, etc., you might not even be able to get the full 4 spins banked at any time during play.
    Ahhh... there ya go.
    Remember folks, we're more likely to have our machines set for easier ball placement into the spin pocket than Rupan is used to in Japan.
    Unless, of course, he had a key and bent his nails at will.

So, pausing for us might be something we would do because we CAN get the spin stock up to the max often. Actual machines in a parlor setting obviously don't have that luxury.

I wonder how Rupan would adjust to our loose pin placement, and how he (and others that are used to playing in parlors) might adjust their play.

Jon, would you try to simulate a normal machine's pin placement?
    Or would you "open it up" a bit, if you had your own?
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I set must of my nails straight... normally when they come from the parlors, they are ever so slightly closed up a bit around the payoff pockets. Also, many times the pins are pushed upwards slightly around the payout pockets to bounce the balls away.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe RKnarr posted this link a week ago or so. It has pictures of the basic pin settings - you have to access the links on the left of the page. I'm not sure how you guys set them but I know in Japan they do it with a very small ball-peen hammer and hit the pins ever so lightly. In fact, there are guys who specialize in pin setting, as you can imagine. I don't have my own machine to show you.

Related to this topic, there is a data spec called the "border line" of the machine which is represented as the average number of spins per 1000 yen. You can see a border line chart on this page, at the bottom. Players will sometimes play 500 or 1000 yen as a "test" to see if the machine has good enough pins to be worth playing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes that was I that posted that Rupan, good memory. Arby has a kit for nail movement i believe.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rupan777
    3) Yes, yokoku determine a lot about the ensuing spin, not always though, so you don't necessarily have to bother watching a good 80-90% of your spins. Some manufacturers (like Heiwa) in 2003 acknowledged this by installing "touch" panels on the playfield to allow you to skip any spin to its final result:
    5) The balls are not worth enough to bother being stingy. As a player, if you win a box it's like "Ho-hum".
    Pachislo players are the same way.
    Yes - yokoku - that was the word I was trying to remember. Thank you. So what I am learning from this is that you don't need to worry about stopping the shooting when the spin memory is full - especially when you have an "endless" supply of balls at our homes as opposed to paying for them - even then they are not that seen as that expensive in the parlors to worry about it. And in fact continuing to shoot may get the machine to "react" in the favor of lower odds and provide more action by increasing the probability (by maintaining balls on the playfield) that you will hit those certain pockets.

Neo Magic Pulsar King Camel Beast Sapp:boxing: Dragon Dice
    Saint Maria Power Road Mountain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep, there are different tools that can be used to help set the pins. One favorite is a tiny socket on the end of an extension that fits over the pins. Be very gentle at all times. There are also several manuals that are very helpful to teach you how to do this procedure.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by biigdaddy
    Yes - yokoku - that was the word I was trying to remember. Thank you. So what I am learning from this is that you don't need to worry about stopping the shooting when the spin memory is full - especially when you have an "endless" supply of balls at our homes as opposed to paying for them - even then they are not that seen as that expensive in the parlors to worry about it. And in fact continuing to shoot may get the machine to "react" in the favor of lower odds and provide more action by increasing the probability (by maintaining balls on the playfield) that you will hit those certain pockets.
    Yes sir, you are correct.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK ! Here we go again!

It has been pointed out to me that this file was down so I have reuploaded it for your downloading pleasure again !

It is on rapidshare.de again so be sure to click on the free button and then on the next page scroll down to where you will see a timer going for your free "download ticket" and then finally type in the free password (usually 4 or 5 letters) and then your download of 30 megs will start.

You can also stream this direct by saying in your download window to open the file instead of saving it.

Here is the url and it will probably go down again so grab it quick! :

http://rapidshare.de/files/10362492/...el_Ch.mpg.html

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by azlew
    OK ! Here we go again!

It has been pointed out to me that this file was down so I have reuploaded it for your downloading pleasure again !

It is on rapidshare.de again so be sure to click on the free button and then on the next page scroll down to where you will see a timer going for your free "download ticket" and then finally type in the free password (usually 4 or 5 letters) and then your download of 30 megs will start.

You can also stream this direct by saying in your download window to open the file instead of saving it.

Here is the url and it will probably go down again so grab it quick! :

http://rapidshare.de/files/10362492/...el_Ch.mpg.html
    Please could you re-upload the video? The RS link is down again (surprise surprise...).

Cheers!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball
    Please could you re-upload the video? The RS link is down again (surprise surprise...).

Cheers!
    Here ya go! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ15EO_q0lU

16. The following user says "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok I finally found it after digging thru boxes of cds

Here is the 30meg+large clip from The Travel Channel's great show about Pachinko Parlors and how to cash out those balls and get real yen back

I have uploaded it for free download here :

http://rapidshare.com/files/16681018..._Travel_Ch.mpg

ENJOY!

18. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Domo arigato! I'll be in Japan next month and that is exactly what I was looking to learn about the prizes and converting them back to ¥

Thanks
    Thanks Received

deton8r yep just look for that back alley ! This is by far the best video we have had explaining the process. I hope they will make more videos in Japan again soon.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by azlew View Post
    Ok I finally found it after digging thru boxes of cds

Here is the 30meg+large clip from The Travel Channel's great show about Pachinko Parlors and how to cash out those balls and get real yen back

I have uploaded it for free download here :

http://rapidshare.com/files/16681018..._Travel_Ch.mpg

ENJOY!
    I did enjoy it very much! Thanks!

so.. do you own stock in rapidshare.com? After looking at another of your great videos, I had to wait 30 minutes before I could download this one.. it was torture!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now that was cool. I always wondered what the Parlor's looked like. Wish they would have showed the slots.

Any one know if like in the us if you can drink in the parlor's well you play the machines?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3