The Hanemono stats were severely skewed up. To make it accurate with my Gaku Counter I had originally adjusted the payout tray to dispense 15 balls per hit instead of the designed 11. This really makes the machine "too loose". I adjusted it back to 11 and it's not as "all powerful" as it once was. You can still get a fever every 1000 balls, but each hit yields 27% fewer balls. The machine is no longer a guaranteed "money maker". You can actually get a fever during your 1000 ball stake and while you most likely will end up with more balls than you started, you can still easily "lose money" due to the lower value you received during turn in (2.5 yen turn in vs. 4.0 yen rental).

This makes the machine much tighter. The playfield was originally designed as an all 11, so the payout pockets and the relative ease of getting and maintaining the fever round takes into account an 11 ball payout. Once adjusted back to it's original settings, it fell back into a payout that was still better than the Vintage, but not by much. I feel that in the long run, the vintage could catch up because the vintages 15 ball per ball payout allows it to approach those of the Hanemono on 27% less hits.

To accurately measure the 11 ball payout, I set my counter to 10 balls per payout, this gives me a base. I then divide the total paid out by 10 and add it to the net, this gives accurate values for an 11 ball payout. e.g. 35 hits yeild a payout of 350 balls, divide that by 10 is 35. Add this to the initial 350 and you get 385 for your win count, which is equivalent to 35*11 balls a hit. In comparison those same hits would have yielded 525 balls at 15 balls a hit. Quite a significant difference.

It's a little more math, but the machine plays much more realistically and the net wins aren't so incredibly skewed upwards. It also makes refilling during the fever less hectic.