Thread: Gamera High Grade Multi Issues

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Gamera High Grade Multi Issues

Well guys, I'm 0-2 on recent purchases. I guess it's not in the cards for me to own a properly working Pachislo or Pachinko machine. My Gamera high grade just arrived yesterday and boy does it have some problems. Since I'm new to all of this bare with me. There is no video or sound. And the coins are not registering. I've taken a look at some of the previous Gamera posts and made sure the coin hopper wasn't jammed. I also reseated all of the cables. I attempted to change the payout, but have had no luck getting it to save my settings. Once you select your number, do you actually pull down on the spinner knob to lock in the settings? Every time I attempt this it defaults to zero. And when I power off and on it defaults back to the number 1. I have also tried resetting the machine using the white button on the power supply but I can not tell if it's doing anything. Is there any kind of obvious indicator to let you know you were successful? I've got a red light that stays on my power supply that I don't believe should be lit. about the only thing that seems to be working are the lights going around the outside of the case. Everyone please take a look at my pics & let me know if it's just dumb newbie mistakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Gamera High Grade Multi Issues

Hi. The red light is on and your pachi is dark due to the machine still being in reset mode. Do you have a key for the slot on your power supply
    above the green and red lites that are on? That is the reset switch and by looking at it's position it is turned on. When it is on that red lite comes
    on in the power supply..

On this Pachi that number will go from the selection you set it to, to "0" when the spin knob is pressed.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

New in Town~ Thanks for the info. I've read most of the Gamera posts on the site & they always list the steps for the resetting process but I have never seen any of the indicators described, such as the red/blue lights. Your reply turned out to be SO HELPFUL. I had a feeling it was stuck in some sort of mode. And no matter what position the key was in or what steps I took, it stayed in reset mode. So last night, I took the power supply apart. It turns out, there were no wires connected to the reset key switch. I did find a pair of wires(red/black) floating around in the bottom of the case, not connected to anything at either end. So I assumed that one end must go to the key switch and the other had to terminate somewhere. So I found where I believe the other end would terminate and hooked them up. Put everything back together and turned the power on. The good news is, it appears that I'm no longer in reset mode but now I've got the E1 error. I read up on it & followed the steps on the board. I made sure no coins were jammed in my hopper, took it apart cleaned the sensor but I can not clear out the E1 error. I've even attempted a hard reset. I'm almost wondering if I didn't terminate the key reset to the correct connection or if something else within the power supply is loose? Can someone please tell me if I unplug my hopper from the power supply and reconnect it, so it at least make some kind of initial "I've got power going to me noise"? Maybe there is no power going to my hopper? Oh, and I also check out the fuse on the payout board. Does anyone out there have pictures of the inside of their power supply they can post? At least I'm getting closer. Thanks again to New in Town. Describing what lights do what, really made a big difference in trouble shooting!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just in case anyone was interested. All of my issues were because of the 2 wires that connected to the reset key in the power supply. Once I got those reconnected properly, everything started to work correctly. Even the LCD came back to life & has continued to come on since. Thanks again to everyone on the board.

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to cwheel0

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for updating the thread

Glad to hear you got the issues resolved

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...