Thread: Installing Gaku Counter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Installing Gaku Counter

Well the other day I was bored and looking for something to do. So I decided to finally install the Gaku counter I bought on my Skabo Kids machine.

I will say I am very pleased by how easy it was and the counter is a great little unit.

Here are a few pics.

042g.jpg009g.jpg012g.jpg013g.jpg020g.jpg017g.jpg011g.jpg021g.jpg

Pic #:

2 - custom bracket I made for the win ball sensor. Took me all of about 5 minutes to make. Wrote down some basic measurements cut a piece of sheet metal, bent a 90 in it drilled a few holes and grounded down one side to let the ball out.
    3 & 4 - wires coming from win sensor (neatly braided)
    5 & 6 - Path of shot sensor wire.
    7 - the whole the wire goes in I had to enlarge. It was originally a small screw hole drilled for a screw that was never used there. So I just enlarged it and fed the wires through. (feeding the wires was the biggest pain)
    8 - Shot sensor. I had to drill the whole for the wires to feed into, they go down the black plastic for a little ways and out the hole I made in the back.

I still need to make a nice box to mount the counter in as right now it just has a little metal tab I made holding it up. Also for the reset button I plan on using a big red arcade video game button. (I mean who doesn't like the big shiny red button? ) So right now I have the micro switch for the button soldered on (it attaches to the button once it is mounted).

Hope to post an update when I make the case. (Might look at getting one if Carl ever produces his.)

100 machines and counting...

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman