Thread: Pachinko advice; hanemono type

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Pachinko advice; hanemono type

Okay, so I'm normally a pinball repair/collector gal, but my husband grew up with pachinko, so I thought I should expand a bit. Just acquired a hanemono; skabo kids. Cute as can be too! Comparing pachinko to pinball cleaning...I can put pachinko plastics in the laundry tub and wash them! Sorry for the image links, tried two different browsers on three different computers and image upload errored out. Here’s my issues so far.

And if you see anything else I need to attend to, let me know! http://bit.ly/17QeXFU

1) All cleaned, but having some trouble with the sound – faint squeal, and nothing else.

2) I broke the plastic bit that goes on a pin near the spring part of the ball launcher arm. Trying jbweld, but no idea if it will work. It's the plastic arm lever that goes on that pin in the bottom of the photo. http://bit.ly/11Ccop2

3) I think I’m missing a clear cover that goes over the levers and arms below the ball trough. Is it important? http://bit.ly/13ZOuZP

4) Ball launcher doesn’t have much oomph. How can I fix that?

5) Ball launcher spring is pretty rusty (shown in 2nd photo). Can it be replaced?

6) on this machine, the latch to open the glass door is a metal lever on the left, but it is really tricky, Like it's not tight enough to release the door. Are there replacements, or…something? http://bit.ly/17hfEd6

Thanks for the advice!
    Sharon

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SharonM

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko advice; hanemono type

I can help with a couple quick... #4... See the black knob cut off on the center bottom of your pic for #3? That's the power adjust for the shooter. I think you need to push or pull while turning it...
    #6... There's a trick to it... Flip the "flippy" part straight up, then push down on it.
    Woof!

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME Sharon.

1. Sound should be loud and clear. Check the speaker wires are clean and attached, and follow the wires back to the box they come out of. Should all be clean and complete.

6. You *could* replace the lever, but you usually don't have to. Over time these old girls get a bit ropey from being operated several thousand times. Usually some pressure on the door jam, either the wood, or the glass door itself, as you operate the lever is enough. Remember that one way (up, for example) on the lever will either open the glass door, or remove the machine from the frame itself. Down will do the opposite (whichever up didn't do). So you may be pushing the wrong way for the action you expect?

cheers
    There is always another machine around the corner...

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the pictures, hope this helps:

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the missing cove should not cause you any problems it is quite offten missing for some reason..

the latch on these can me damn hard.. i have had that same style of fream and lever... there just hard to open
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For your question # 6; the latch pivots.

To open you press down and towards the front.
    Another way to say it: from the back, lift latch up as far as possible, push latch towards front while continuing to hold up on it.

For your question #2, I can't tell what is broke or glued?
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

13. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

​Welcome to PachiTalk!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, it took me a while to find me post again! Thanks to everyone about the latch, up and down works perfectly. The piece that's broken...the plastic bit near the shooter that goes on the long pin. I snapped it in two This is a (maybe) better shot of the pin that the plastic thing goes onto. pin.jpg This is the plastic thing. It seems to inhibit the shooter from being stuck on the magnet or the magnet motor. OH and thanks about how to adjust the tension, that worked too plasticbit.jpg I'll try checking out the wiring with the sound thing. I can tell the volume knob is doing something, as the whine sound gets louder and quieter. BTW - does anyone know where I can get a manual/schematic for this? Er, in English ...EEK late for work...shhhh

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you actually drop any balls in the jackpot spots...and you still hear the squeal?

Here's why I ask. I have that same machine with the metal box on the back and had a faint squeal also...sometimes loud, sometimes softer. I thought when I plug in the machine, it would have music playing or something but that only happens when the jackpots are hit. Other than that...it just sits there and I hear this faint buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. It the nature of that metal box around the electronics. The later ones were replaced by plastic and don't have this issue.

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jodini

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SharonM View Post
    ... does anyone know where I can get a manual/schematic for this? Er, in English ...
    That is an important piece. I think you need a parts machine if you can't fix the old one. Think your picture is showing the two broken pieces? If the pieces still fit together tightly, I'd use epoxy glue for plastic. Use masking tape first to position and hold the pieces in place, move pieces apart (still held by masking tape) and apply epoxy, add more tape, clean off excess with a qtip and set aside for 24 hours...
    The glue is made by Loctite and at hardware stores or Home Depot. It will hold if the surfaces are tight before you glue.

I've not seen any manuals/schematics in any language for the early moderns. My opinion again: very hard to fix unless one is a TV repairman or sharp with electronics. Either works or doesn't work kind of thing.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

jodini - That would be the issue then - I haven't tried it with balls in the jackpots yet Thanks. CarlW: yeah, I figured it was an important part JBWeld didn't hold it together, I'll try the epoxy - thanks.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to SharonM

Thanks
    Thanks Received

See, I'm not the only one!

And your next question will be..."How do I turn this thing down???"
    It's going to be loud!
    Last edited by jodini; 04-26-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jodini View Post

And your next question will be..."How do I turn this thing down???"
    It's going to be loud!
    Yeah, I tried it out the way you said and it was LOUD. I assume that knob is a volume knob? Which way is down?

Seems like this is a two steps forward one step back sort of thing...

Had a DUH moment when I realized that the knob on the front is capacitive But even still...I can't get the shooter to work right. I've taken apart the motor and all the bits that are in that area, the little circuit panel where it plugs into, and everything works fine separately. But when it's all together, the shooter either sticks to the magnet on the right, or it goes all the way left and can't pull loose.

What next?