Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kyoraku Stadium Front Glass falls off hinges

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm looking at the front inside of the machine, and I took some pics. Are the speaker connections clearly marked? I've got a two wire connection (red/black)...and then jumbled of other wires. I would assume each speaker had its own set of wires, but I only see the one pair.

BTW, thanks again, everyone, for helping me get the machine running! Can't wait to find the spare time to play it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366835082.056487.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366835101.355059.jpg
    ---
    "Marty, hurry and empty the balls!" - Jennifer, 2008 Sammy Back To The Future

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Kyoraku Stadium Front Glass falls off hinges

I noticed the the large speaker at the bottom inside of the frame is the one that blares out whenever the Door Open alarm is triggered. Is that the only speaker involved in the boot up klaxon? If I could simply disconnect that without affecting gameplay video, that might be easier than attaching potentiometers. Any suggestions/advice?
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also, balls now seem stuck in the launch mechanism. I see this clear plastic part (shown in the pic) but I don't know how to open it. How do you open this piece up? It looks like it moves, but its not flipping up or out.
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've scanned the rest of the technical pages of the Kyoraku Stadium frame manual and put them together in a .pdf file. You may notice the page numbers in this manual tend to skip a few here and there, that is because it is a very 'glossy' manual, with quite a few pages that don't have any useful information on them whatsoever. One day I might re-do the manual scan and include these, but they're not really needed right now.

Manual can be found on the Untranslated Manuals page of my website.

Also note that the individual page scans that I had uploaded earlier in the week that are linked to in this post have now been deleted as they are no longer needed.

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's awesome, thanks!! I need to open a separate ticket, because the cell itself is acting up. But everything else seems to be working fine. Just want to find out more about the speaker/volume control elements before I close out this ticket.
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi res CLOSE up pics on the way - Stay tuned

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good Morning,

I am hopeful that these pics will help
    (sorry for the delay)

Splice the two tweeter wires from the connector in the picture and run them out to your pots or L-pads.

For the woofer... I remember having to disconnect it from the back of the machine (pain), but it can be done from the from the front, just be careful not to pull any of the wires out - but it's the same operation here.

I originally had them all wired to one control... and it burned one out, so I went with two, and it hasn't been an issue since.

The other option is to keep cotton balls near the machine to wipe the blood out of your ears after the alarm stops

connector.jpgconn recep.jpgconn wires.jpgwoof1.jpgwoof2.jpglpads.jpg

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

These are great, thanks!! Just need to ask if you could show which plug in the back is the one to pull to disconnect the woofer? (All three of the connectors have red wire leads) also, on the volume controls, I see several wires running to them. I'm a bit confused if all of those wires are from the two you indicated? Maybe if you could snap some pics of the speaker wires from the connector to the splice point, and then from there to the pots, I'd get a better idea of how to do mine without blowing up anything

BTW, does the woofer put out any sound from the gameplay, or do I just unplug it?

Thanks again, these are great!
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, now I'm looking at it on a higher resolution screen (NOT my phone ...so the tweeter wires go to one pot? And the woofer wires go to the second? Which is the negative and positive lead on each?

I am assuming: Tweeter (grey - positive, blue - negative), Woofer (red - positive, black - negative)?

I just want to make sure I don't cut the wrong wire...that usually bodes ill in all those espionage movies.

Are the speakers officially in stereo? It seems like there is only one pot for the tweeters, and one for the woofer.
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi again,

I'll take a lot more pics for you and show exactly what you need to do. I have used one stereo L-pad for the tweets, and one for the woofer.

Please hang in there, because I have been working kinda late these days, so I need to find a block of time (during the day) to do this for ya.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really do appreciate it, and no worries on being patient. I've got plenty to occupy my time as well.

With it being Golden Week, I can't find out if the cell itself is broken until next week...so I'm in no rush to take care of the volume controls, since I won't be turning it back on again until I learn the status of the cell.
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow Blasto - wish I found this thread last week, as I have this frame and it's on my workbench right now (diff problem to your's - shooter won't operate).

Mine is cyclic and has two individual sound pots for volume control, plus a Master over-ride switch (1st time I've seen one of these) installed.

Do you want to see pics with wire splicing?

cheers
    There is always another machine around the corner...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would love to see pics, candyflip, thanks.

Usually I get the machines with volume controls already on them. My primary concern is that blasted alarm. The gameplay volume is actually really quiet on its own. (you can't even hear it over the thunk of balls falling into the cabinet...I haven't put any padding down in there yet) But the alarm makes the machine difficult to handle, especially when you have to open it up during an error; it simply screams at you the whole time.
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's the shots. Normal vol in the first block of 4, Master volume in the second block of 3.

If you need more, let me know what.

Stadium volume controls 1.jpg Stadium volume controls 2.jpg Stadium volume controls 3.jpg Stadium volume controls 4.jpg

Stadium volume controls 5.jpg Stadium volume controls 6.jpg Stadium volume controls 7.jpg

Oh, and my thread is at : http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...ter-pachi.html in case you missed it.
    Last edited by candyflip; 05-02-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those are great! Do you think you could take a wider shot of the back of the frame, and indicate where the speaker connections are? Its hard to tell which section is which with so many component parts, boards and wires.
    ---

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3