Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kyoraku Stadium Front Glass falls off hinges

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Kyoraku Stadium Front Glass falls off hinges

I also noticed, if you listen to the video at 1:12, there is a noise the machine makes. I wonder if that might be related to the problem? Anyone know what that sound is?
    ---
    "Marty, hurry and empty the balls!" - Jennifer, 2008 Sammy Back To The Future

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Try putting balls in the back top tray, then turn on power switch while holding the reset button in. maybe this will clear some errors
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nope. Didn't work. Still showing the same error messages/lights when I do that. That, and the klaxon is so obnoxious that I'm not really able to do much else.

I did notice that there was a piece trying to rise up out of the bottom of the video screen, and it just sort of moved as if it were stuck. I'm not sure if that's normal during the boot up/cell test procedure. I won't really know if its working unless I play it enough times to see if it move. (or not) But since the machine isn't installed yet, its difficult to do a lengthy play-test.
    ---

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Other people have had playfield pieces get knocked out of whack in shipping..That could be your problem..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wound up taking a picture of the cell during booting/test, and the bottom piece did actually rise up like it was supposed to. So there's a bit more relief there, but I've still trying to figure out what all the errors are, and what I can do to restore the game to playable condition. I cant install it in my cabinet until i know for certain whether or not it has to be sent back. Sure hope not!
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The 'Counter Case Error' will be referring to the payout unit (the manual refers to the payout unit as 'カウンターケース' - 'Counter Case'). Hopefully the problem will just be a simple ball jam or something that has worked loose during transport.

Haven't had a chance to look at the video yet (this PC is a bit ancient and can't cope with HD video). I've scanned the error code pages of the Kyoraku Stadium frame manual and uploaded the raw scans to my website.

stadium-30.jpg, stadium-31.jpg the full double page spread error code chart.

stadium-37.jpg the appendix in the back of the manual, which appears to be the same information on one B/W page.

Obviously they're in the original Japanese, so might not be a great deal of help at the moment, but I'll try to work on some translations over the next few days, starting with the ones relevant to the 'Counter Case Error'.

7. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Blastronaut View Post
    On a side note, I don't suppose there's any way to turn off the klaxon that sounds when you turn the machine on?
    Seems to be common on some moderns...try this link: Pachinko silencer

9. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On a side note, I don't suppose there's any way to turn off the klaxon that sounds when you turn the machine on?
    Unfortunately... The siren is something you'll just have to live with. I have volume controls installed to make it less bad on boot up

See the big red knob by the error codes? Try holing that in when you power up. You can let it go after about 5 secs. That might reset the payout board. It's worth a shot.

When my machine is up and running... the two LEDs on either end are list. The one in the middle is out. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by rubberratt; 04-22-2013 at 11:48 AM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

PS - I think you may have a ball jam either in the payout mech, or in the feeder. Check those things too.
    AND
    sorry for the spelling errors in my last post ;P

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We're so close now! I think you're right about there being a ball problem. I pressed the RWM reset button at start up, and the machine started working again!

See the video below:

http://www.cybergraphix-anim.com/IMG_1521.MOV

But then I started playing it, and the attendant light came back, with the errors from before:

http://www.cybergraphix-anim.com/IMG_1522.MOV

I have a feeling that, yes, it probably is a ball issue. I'll try to check all the channels, feeders, etc.

BTW, since you've got volume controls on the speakers to help control the klaxon, I was wondering if you could show me a picture of where the speaker wires are? I can't find them anywhere, but I have pots and solder, so I am hoping to add volume controls once I get the other issues resolved.

I'm not sure where on the machine the feeder or payout mech access is, so I can check it. I know where they ARE, per se, but not how to open them up and check. Any directions or diagrams?
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not sure where on the machine the feeder or payout mech access is, so I can check it. I know where they ARE, per se, but not how to open them up and check. Any directions or diagrams?
    This is the page from the manual for the payout mech - stadium-29.jpg. The diagrams seem pretty self explanatory, so shouldn't need to worry if you can't understand the Japanese descriptions.

I intend to scan the entire manual when I figure out how to get consistent results from this scanner, 75dpi scans come out nice (but too low res to read the Japanese writing!), as do 1200dpi scans (but they take absolutely ages to scan), but only about one in three attempts at 300dpi seems to come out OK, the rest are all washed out with streaks going down the page.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some snaps... I will need to get you some detailed pictures of the connector where the wires are so you can run some leader wires.

The ball mech is the pic with the gears in it, if you need a video of how to dis-assemble it ... LMK
    Attached Images Attached Images

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is great, thanks! The manual will help, but a video would also be helpful. BTW, I just bought some potentiometers. Will these work?

photo-11.jpg

BTW, Daverob, how did you get the manual? Was it a find on YJA?
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, following the manual, I removed the ball mech, cleared it, etc. Put it back together, and I'm still getting the error and flashing red light. According to the error codes on the back, the third LED is flashing, and the others are solid. According to the appendix page of the manual, its definitely a counter case issue. But I can't really understand the solution instructions. I removed it, flushed out the balls, put it back and turned it on. Though I put balls back in before turning it on. Should I have left it empty when turning it back on? I hope the case itself isn't damaged or non-functional.
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is video of the error panel after I removed the counter case, checked it and replaced it.

http://www.cybergraphix-anim.com/Video.MOV
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK here's what I want to do, I need to find an hour or so (in my copious spare time). I will see if I can make my machine error-out just like yours, and then we'll know what the problem is. I know it's a dumb question, but ALL the ball paths are clear right? And you have checked all of the sensors (door etc.) I will try to get to this in the next day or so. We're almost there

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

22. The following user says "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I cleared the counter case, but I refilled it before turning the machine back on. I noticed something on the troubleshooting page of the manual that indicates doing something for 60 seconds. Maybe I need to leave the case empty after turning the machine back on before refilling it?

We are definitely close. I am having our project manager at work translate the troubleshooting page. I will share the translation here as a resource for everyone to use when troubleshooting this frame.
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not sure of the meaning of the 60 seconds part on the page either. I may be stretching my translation ability on this one, but I read the first 'Counter Case Error' line as...

カウンターけーす内で球詰まりが起にっている - Ball Jam inside counter case (payout unit)
    球詰まりを解除後, - Release the ball blockage,
    60秒後に自動復帰する - 60 seconds later automatically returns.

From my general pachinko machine knowledge, I would assume that it means that if you reset the error code without clearing the blockage, then it may take 60 seconds for the machine to re-detect the fault and set the error code again. But I would be very interested if there's some meaning in the sentence that I've missed that a native speaker might pick up on.

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah hah! I just learned that the ball release lever had been in the open position the whole time. I released all the balls, and moved the switch back. The error is still occurring, but I have yet to hit the error reset button, restart the machine or add balls to the award hopper. First pic shows how the switch was...open. Second shows it closed.

Am I close? What should I do now?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366769756.156797.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366769765.939578.jpg
    ---

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Blastronaut

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, success! Added balls, error reset. Played it and I'm not getting an error again.

I'm going to mess around with it a bit more, but I think I got it! Thanks everyone!!
    ---

29. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Blastronaut

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast