Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kyoraku Stadium Front Glass falls off hinges

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Kyoraku Stadium Front Glass falls off hinges

Hi everyone,

Just got my Combattler V machine in, which utilizes the Kyoraku Stadium frame. However, when I tried to open the front glass, it came completely off the hinges, and almost fell to the floor. Luckily I caught it, but now I'm concerned that this machine is broken, and I have no idea what to do to fix it, apart from NEVER removing the front glass. (which, as we all know, is impossible to avoid, when you have to clear jammed balls, or anything else related to cell maintenance)

So my question to everyone is, what do I need to do/what can I do? Do I need to send it back, or can I simply find repair parts for it? Because now I'm worried that I spent a lot of money on a machine that is broken. (I did also find a small chip board with a VGA male connector on it on the bottom of the box...but it seems to fit into a specific slot on the machine...which has loose clips on it)

On a side note, does anyone know what color paint I should use to repair the cosmetic damage? Its a little worse-looking than I expected when I ordered it.

Here are pics of the machine for your thoughts, consideration and advice.

Thanks!

image-22.jpgimage-23.jpgimage-24.jpgimage-25.jpg
    ---
    "Marty, hurry and empty the balls!" - Jennifer, 2008 Sammy Back To The Future

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Blastronaut

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Kyoraku Stadium Front Glass falls off hinges

I don't have that frame, so hard to really say without seeing it in person.

Is it falling off because the hinge brackets are bent out of shape? I've had this happen before, and a quick rebend fixed the problem.

As far as the cosmetic issues, I have found nail polish works pretty good. Readily available in an assortment of glossy colors.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is the chip board the dongle? I'm rubbish at seeing pics when on iphone. Did the whole front fall off or just the glass? I don't know about this frame but the glass panel is either clipped in on both sides or hinged on one side. My Heiwa frame had the plastic hinge pins broken off. But Should be an easy fix by drilling and gluing in a piece of nylon dowel. Then paint it black to blend in.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like some bending has occurred, and that will prevent the door from staying in place when opened.

First - bend the top retaining bracket back into place, and then rest the door pin into the bottom hole in the metal bracket Maybe that needs bending too?. The pin that keeps the door on the frame on the top, is spring loaded. You should be able to pull them back, put the door in place, and let them spring into place (should go in the hole in the top). If there is no spring... you have a problem
    Last edited by rubberratt; 04-20-2013 at 12:52 PM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the great replies! The retaining brackets don't look that bent...there's almost an inch separating the top bracket from the door. I'm attaching more pics...you can get a closer look. I don't see any springs.

Drunkenclam, I've also got a pic of the dongle. Its the whole door that fell off, not the glass.

On a side note, does anyone know where the volume adjust switch is? I know on my other machines, there's a switch between "Soft" "Medium" and "Loud"...since I don't have pots on this yet, that boot-up alarm is making it impossible for me to get far enough to test it. (we have neighbors above and behind us who can hear it that loud)

image-26.jpgimage-27.jpgimage-28.jpgimage-29.jpgimage-30.jpgimage-31.jpg
    ---

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmm Looking at pics online does show a big gap at the top, But not what fills it.

京楽 スタジアãƒ*æž* 白 ジャンク 1円 - ヤフオク!

Is there a pin or something in the door section that has fallen down? It does look like the top of a pin sticking out
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 04-20-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I see it. Pics here, there is a pin at the bottom that fits in the bottom bracket, but whatever was in the top is either broken off or fallen off. Do you have a pic of what the top pin/bracket is supposed to look like? And what's the fix at this point? I didn't find any pins in the box. I've sent an email already to the seller, but have not heard back yet.

image-32.jpgimage-33.jpgimage-34.jpg
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it does look like you have a piece missing??
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

12. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I think I found the volume control. I know these don't mean much on their original settings (without potentiometers, even the lowest setting is really loud), but I'm trying to figure out if the top position is the lowest setting? I see the kanji for "Big" the loudest setting at the bottom, but I can't tell if anything is written beneath it. (in the attached image, it looks like the top position might be the loudest setting) Any experience with this one? Also, I'm only seeing two speakers on the Stadium frame. Does it only have two speakers? I probably can't connect pots to control the volume until I fix the pin/hinge issue...since its embedded in the door.

photo-10.jpg
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh wait...never mind on the volume control. The circuit board has Min and Max on it.
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, do I just have a bad machine? When I turn it on, I'm getting the klaxons, and all the error lights on the back are on, with one of them flashing "球無しエラー” I'm not sure if that's an error meaning there are no balls in the machine? I haven't put any in the back. But its screaming at me in Japanese to press the RWM wipe switch (I'm guessing RWM is Read-Write Memory? I don't know) There's only one button on the back that is near the error lights, so I pressed it repeatedly, but it didn't do anything. Just kept on screaming at me. Any thoughts on this? I'm now worried that the pin is the least of my troubles.

See pics:

image-35.jpgimage-36.jpgimage-37.jpgimage-38.jpg
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Once more into the fray, and an update. I found the RWM clear switch (it was on the main circuit board, behind a sliding plastic cover) I added balls, and turned the machine on. After the klaxons stopped, the volume was actually reasonable. The problem now (if you can see on the video) is that the balls aren't shooting all the way up. I get maybe 1 in 10...I'm wondering if this is related to the door issue? I can see there might be a gap if the door isn't sitting in the right position, and the balls are simply falling back down when they don't launch properly up the channel. Plus, there's a constant message on the right side of the video screen that says "Please call an attendant" Its so difficult to trouble-shoot these things without manuals or direct access to the company's support team...so I'm really glad we've got a community of pachinko collectors here who can put their heads together on things. To help prevent us from banging our heads against something harder.

http://www.cybergraphix-anim.com/IMG_1496.MOV
    ---

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Blastronaut

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is it normal for the play field to not light up unless you've hit a win or reach? Or could it have something to do with the flashing red lights on the frame and/or the attendant call warning?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366506913.034427.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366506928.695741.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366506936.546646.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366506945.946946.jpg
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi

You're making progress - so keep going.

The door MUST close tight to make the right seal for the balls to travel correctly.
    I will take a picture for you shortly as to what the top door bracket SHOULD look like.

I watched your video, and I am betting that you have some connectors off, and that's why you have no door/cell lights.
    It seems clear that your machine was dropped on its head, and you will need to get things back in order OR
    try and get a replacement.

It's happened to most of us so stick with it.

Just some patience and a bit of troubleshooting, and you should be good to go. I have found that these things are built WAY tougher than they need to be
    Last edited by rubberratt; 04-20-2013 at 09:35 PM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good advice, and it makes me feel a little better, thanks! I'm not sure how I'll figure out the connectors...I did notice a number of empty connector ports. (see pic...yet again) As for dropping on its head, hopefully there's shipping insurance on it. I have no idea how to get a replacement, since the machine was sort of a special request. But I'm guessing it would be easier to replace the frame than it would be the entire machine, worst case scenario.

image-41.jpgimage-42.jpgimage-43.jpgimage-40.jpgimage-39.jpg
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've gone ahead and filed a damage claim with FedEx. Based on what you said, and the fact that, right before shipping, i confirmed with the seller (incl. pictures of the machine working fine) that everything was working fine...I think you're probably right. I think the best way to do this, if I cannot fix it myself, is to have the frame replaced, and hold on to the cell. I'm sure it is easier to get a replacement Stadium frame than it is the frame with the Combattler V cell. Hopefully the color will be the same.

In the meantime, I'd still like to see what I can do to get it working on my own.
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From your pictures of the top hinge on the door itself, it looks like the pin that's meant to go into the frame part of the hinge is stuck in the down position.

Usually on pachinko machines the top hinge pin can be retracted down into the door part to allow the door to be removed from it's hinges. There should be a tab or lever inside the door next to the hinge that slides the pin down, and normally it will return automatically on a spring.

I don't have any Kyoraku frames to compare with, and there's nothing in the Stadium frame manual that covers this area, so can't offer any suggestions on how to fix it, but a photo of the top hinge area from inside the door might show where the problem lies.

24. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, right on the money! I had to use a screwdriver to get the pin dislodged, but once I did, it popped right back up! So now all I need to do is figure out why I'm only getting flashing red lights on the frame, no lights on the cell, and the "Call attendant" warning on the video screen.

So close! Thanks for all the help! The door was one of my biggest worries, so I'm really glad it wasn't broken.
    ---

26. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Blastronaut

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On a side note, I don't suppose there's any way to turn off the klaxon that sounds when you turn the machine on?
    ---

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I think its the home stretch. This time I've got video of the machine turning on (apologies for the horrible klaxon, but you can see that the cell actually does light up and the gimmicks do move...though I have not seen the body of the robot come out of the bottom yet)...and I took the camera around back to show the error lights.

http://www.cybergraphix-anim.com/IMG_1513.MOV

I also have a very clear picture of the writing of the error codes. One appears to be "Counter Case Error", and I don't think that light is on. I figure the only way to troubleshoot this machine, figuring that no one else has this exact cell, but the frame is common, is to show everything. Here's hoping someone has some advice to get these errors fixed/reset, and get the game up and running the way it apparently was before it was shipped. Thanks!

IMG_1516.jpgIMG_1514.jpg
    ---

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast