Thread: Kyoraku - Winter Sonata 2 - Turning the machine off resets odds?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Arrow Kyoraku - Winter Sonata 2 - Turning the machine off resets odds?

Hello Guys/Gals!

I have a Winter Sonata 2 Pachinko and i was wondering if turning the machine off (using the switch on the back - but leaving it connected to the power source) resets the Fever Odds?

I'm asking since the machine odds are 1/299.1 and currently my Battle Counter indicates 601 spins - and still no fever!

Every time i am turning the machine on there is an Alarm (which is the norm with Kyoraku machines) but i was wondering of it also indicates a reset to the odds statistics.

If it does causes a reset - is there any way to buy pass it?

Thank you very much for your help! (it is good to be back )

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Kyoraku - Winter Sonata 2 - Turning the machine off resets odds?

Welcome back!!

I'm not sure turning off or even resetting would effect the odds in any way.. You have a a 1/299.1 chance at a bonus on every spin, but that doesn't necessarily mean every 300 spins you'll get a bonus.. But say over many thousands of spins it should average around that.. The random number thingy in the computer lands on either 298 non wins or the 1 win..same chance ever spin..Hope that make some sense..

Also you should be careful when switching a machine off just at the machine since power is still going to the transformer meaning that it could overheat even while the machine is off.. Thats why most people here plug them into a power strip with a switch and turn it off there, cutting off the power before the transformer..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post

Also you should be careful when switching a machine off just at the machine since power is still going to the transformer meaning that it could overheat even while the machine is off.. Thats why most people here plug them into a power strip with a switch and turn it off there, cutting off the power before the transformer..

Thank you very much for the clarification - i wonder when it will happen eventually.

Regarding the power - i also uses a power strip but for the last 24 hours i only switched the power using the back switch since i was worried that cutting the power off completely will resets the odds, Thank you again

5. The following user says "Thanks" to mosheste

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think only if the power is off for a long time over a couple of days will it reset the odds. Of course 1/299 is the odds but that's the same as 3/897 or 6/17994 It might be a desert now. But expect back to back wins in the future. My Cutie Honey went over 900 spins before a win. But then had 11 in a row. Lots of ball shuffling that day
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm glad to inform you that 655 rounds in - and the Fever finally arrived!!! Thank you all for the reassurances

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to mosheste

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's great! I have Macross Fever, and the specs are about the same. Haven't gotten a single Fever after hundreds of spins and a whole slew of people trying. So hopefully I'll know that joy soon
    ---
    "Marty, hurry and empty the balls!" - Jennifer, 2008 Sammy Back To The Future

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Blastronaut

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Blastronaut View Post
    That's great! I have Macross Fever, and the specs are about the same. Haven't gotten a single Fever after hundreds of spins and a whole slew of people trying. So hopefully I'll know that joy soon
    Hang in there Blastronaut!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On a modern pachinko, the odds are never reset. The outcome is determined by a hardware random number generator for each spin, and cannot be affected by previous spins, so there's nothing to be reset.

The only changes in odds allowed are when a machine enters a high probability mode after a fever, where the odds are drastically tipped in your favour to give more chance of back-to-back fevers. This high probability state should survive being powered off, but a machine may lose its state memory after a reset or by being left powered off for a long period of time.

To the pachinko machine the power switch on the back will remove all power to the machine (although not the transformer as previously stated), there are no extra power rails that bypass the power switch to allow (for example) the memory to be kept powered up. So there's no reason to prefer using the power switch on the machine over completely unplugging a machine or switching it off at the wall socket/power strip.

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    the power switch to allow (for example) the memory to be kept powered up. So there's no reason to prefer using the power switch on the machine over completely unplugging a machine or switching it off at the wall socket/power strip.
    Isn't it some sort of a safety issue? I mean cutting the power off from the wall socket is supposed to be safer regarding Short circuits? No?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

a power strip is your best bet, leave it plugged in the wall and the machines pluged into it,

then flipping the power strip switch is all you need to do
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

17. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mosheste View Post
    Isn't it some sort of a safety issue? I mean cutting the power off from the wall socket is supposed to be safer regarding Short circuits? No?
    I think he's just saying that there's no real advantage to turning it off at the machine (like to keep the memory saved) vs the safer way of turning it off at a power strip..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

19. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss