Thread: Hello from Seattle & 69' Nishijin A Single Ball!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hello from Seattle & 69' Nishijin A Single Ball!

Hello everyone. I just joined up because when I was back home in Cleveland visiting some family I was lucky enough to find a 69' Nishijin A Single Ball in our basement. After a $60 shipment to my apartment back in Seattle it has a brand new home. Fully working (no lights yet) and in pretty good condition. I bought myself 500 balls of ebay and I am in love with it. I found some really helpful youtube videos from vintagepachinko which helped me understand exactly how it works.

I have seen this design from Nishijin which indicated to me that it was from 69' although I could not find the actual expiration date stamp on it. I have some clean up to do on it and I want to buy the lights and batter pack for it as well. Any cleaning tips would be great. One thing I noticed is some of my pins around the small jackpot buckets are not straight... are they suppoed to be?

I have uploaded all my photos to my Google+ take a look: https://plus.google.com/u/1/photos/1...71399038899681

I am happy to find a nice community and look forward to reading up.

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to motz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hello from Seattle & 69' Nishijin A Single Ball!

Welcome to PachiTalk!

That is a really cool machine you got. I am still looking for my single shot to add to my collection.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice single shot..

nails are bent at the parlor to make the game pay out more or less..

nails were over bent by homeowners that were trying to make a machine pay more then it was designed for

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to Pachitalk!

Here are the pics for members who can't see them.

IMG_20130417_085609.jpgIMG_20130417_085645.jpgIMG_20130417_085704.jpg

(few more but these are the important ones)

Motz. I don't see many nails on your machine that are bent wrong. You can see the average angle on most of the nails and that is where they should be. I see 1 right above each red pocket that need to come down a little, also the one at the very top center, and one or two others. To adjust the nails you can use a pair of needle nose pliers, but try to find a pair with no or very small ridges on them (or teeth if you like that term better ). Just when bending them be careful not to use a ton of force (meaning don't push down on it like your trying to knock a 40 year old rusty nut off a bolt with a short handled socket). You would be amazed how little it takes to move them.

For cleaning #1 rule with everything in place is don't spray anything on directly (especially on the playfield) just spray it on a rag and wipe it around.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max

100 machines and counting...

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello

Super find, wish i could find a pachinko in a basement

Congratulations and welcome to PachiTalk!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone for the kind welcomes. This community seems pretty great and full of so much pachinko knowledge it is crazy!

I will take some more photos tonight of the other pockets close up so you can see the full thing and how the pegs are. I will add them into the google plus photos and also post them here as well. Thank you so much for the adjustment tips and also for the reasoning as to why they are bent. I was pretty confused mostly because I knew it had been in the basement for so long and I don't think anyone played it. It makes sense that the adjustments would increase/decrease payout. I am really in love with the machine though and find myself playing it randomly at all hours of the day and night.

I have been reading a lot about cleaning and it seems like microfiber cloth or steel wool seems to be everyones pick's. I simply have only cleaned the glass thus far and just dusted it a bit.

Any thoughts on a light kit for it? It also has a pretty strong must to it. I am hoping just a clean and being out in the open will air it out.

11. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to motz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

please post a pic of the back straight on..

the lights are easy... ya have the two leif switches so all ya need is a bit more wire and a power source
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I added a bunch more photos to the Album on G+, but here are also a bunch of photos of it. Any help would be great .
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to motz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you need here are some pictures of a model A I'm restoring. (yes it is the front overflow for those who recognize it. )

007.jpg009.jpg011.jpg

You might notice there is a 3rd light. I added that, it isn't hard to do, but if you don't like it then don't pay attention to the wires going to it. The circuit is pretty simple. Solder back on the red wire across from the other red wire on the contact plate. And you actually need the ball out light. Your yellow and Red wires go to the ball out light. Blue goes to power then red from ball out light goes to power.

It might be a good idea to get a light kit that way you can get the socket, bulb, and wallwart. Which can be kinda expensive to buy on their own otherwise.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, This must be the week for folks in the Seattle area to find single shots. I didn't have to travel quite so far afield however. I found mine on Seattle's craigslist in Burien, (A Seattle suburb for those not from the Northwest) eMailed the owner on Sat. and picked it up Sunday. I will be adding pictures soon but except for the playfield it looks just like the one in the first post of this thread. Just got it paying out, it was REALLY dirty, and it still needs some repairs, like the ball feeder being misaligned from the top of the drop tube. Also, can some tell me what the window in the playfield above the shooter is for? It looks like balls are supposed to go there but I have no idea how they get there.

Later The now owner of 7 Pachinko's with only room for 5 Rockinator
    4 Vintage, One Modern/Vintage (Sankyo Roulette) One Modern (Black RoboCop) I play all the time, well, regularly...

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to TheRockinator

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockinator View Post
    , can some tell me what the window in the playfield above the shooter is for? It looks like balls are supposed to go there but I have no idea how they get there.
    its an overflow catch tray.. when the machine has 2 payouts at the same time it will hold a ball there and allow the player to manualy move the ball for a jackpot payout...

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances