Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Fair" Value for Sankyo Star Wars Pachinko Machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default "Fair" Value for Sankyo Star Wars Pachinko Machine.

I am interested in possibly picking up a Sankyo Star Wars (R2D2) Pachinko machine. I know that pricing for a Pachinko is fairly arbitrary and I have seen prices vary greatly even for the two vintage units I have.

The person is asking $375 which doesn't seem that out of line.

I was wondering if that is a "fair" prices. It seems fair to me if the machine is 100% functional, and I'm willing to pay a bit more because of the Star Wars theme. I love both Star Wars and Pachinko. I think it would also go well with my two vintage units to give a sense of where pachinko came from and where it went.

So, any opinions?

Thanks in advance.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: "Fair" Value for Sankyo Star Wars Pachinko Machine.

My friend, you better jump on that. The thing with the Starwars Pachinko, is guys don't like letting them go (just ask me) so if you find one for under $400.00, you better grab it. The starwars pachinko on ebay was going for $675.00...or something like that. The seller did settle on an offer but I know it wasn't much less than $600.00...think someone told me $550.00...and I'm not sure if that was shipping included!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think that is more than a fair price as long as it is in very good shape. We have only been able to get our hands on a single R2D2 Star wars model and we had no trouble selling it for over $500 as they are getting much more rare nowadays and people are always looking to purchase them (we have a list of about 10 people waiting just for that model in case we ever get another one in).

Since it is a person to person sale that takes some money out of what the seller can expect and I'm sure if you looked hard enough you probably might be able to find one for less if the person didn't know how much it is worth, but it seems like the person selling it has a reasonable understanding of the value and isn't asking for an amount that is unreasonable, but it is probably the maximum amount he can expect to get for that machine unless they are willing to ship it and to wait a while if they wanted to get any more.

I would say see if you can talk him down a bit and even if he won't budge I think that would be a fair price (and if I were buying it from you I would even consider offering that much as a dealer for it given the right conditions).

I hope that helps
    Clover Collectables - the US's largest Pachinko and Pachislo dealer - [email]Contact@clovercollectables.com

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jackdanielsx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

this looks like the one for sale

STAR WARS PACHINKO MACHINE
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

6. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You better grab it now...luckydog spilled the beans!

So you inspired me to go play my starwars and I've gotten into this fever round and finally had to stop. One jackpot after the other! Three straight in a row...and my hand got tired from filling up the machine!

It's tough to hit a jackpot with this machine, but after you get in the fever...she keeps going! Having a lot of fun with this machine!
    Good luck opus!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm Jumping... I can't wait. That will bring my collection to three. A 71 Nishijin A Bowling, A 78 Sankyo Hippos, and this.

The Hippos has been fully cleaned and lighted. The lighting kit and replacement parts for the "Bowling" are on their way, and this one looks to be part complete.

My kids will kill me. If these were pinball machines, I'd be world's greatest dad, but they don't get pachinko.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i guess after reading the post the price is not to bad... more then i would be willing to pay but im not a fan of the modern machines... or i should say... I have yet to find one that speaks to my wallet...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's the star wars thing... I grew up with star wars and pachinko. To have them meld into a single item is transcendent. I have not really played modern machines, so I am curious. I grew up playing vintage machines and have two myself. I am not sure how much playing time the Star Wars machine will get, but it certainly is a fairly unique item.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the first few star wars pachinkos in the u.s. sold for over a grand
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mine sold for AUS$950 here in Melbourne.

boring machine though...
    There is always another machine around the corner...

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well love it or lothe it. It's still a great price.
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately some financial commitments came up that prevent me from purchasing the machine at this time. The seller is firm on his price and has avoided Ebay to specifically avoid shipping.

If anyone else is within driving distance in So. Florida and interested in this machine, feel free to go to craigslist and contact the seller. I am officially taking my hat out of the ring for this one.

Thanks all for your input.

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Bummer.

We were all getting excited for you, and now all of our bubbles have been burst.
    - Nick
    If you aren't having fun, then you aren't doing it right!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't feel too bad. I still have two vintage pachinkos. I just got the repair parts for my 71 Nishijin A recycler so it should be fully lit and functional within the next 48 hours. My 78 Sankyo is running like a champ and just needs a bigger ball tray and some more balls to keep me from always having to go to the back and refilling the jackpot hopper.

A friend of mine is digging out his machine today for me to see and if he can convince his wife to let it go, I might have a third to work on.

I'm really a more vintage pachinko guy because of it's uniqueness. I'm somewhat dissappointed that modern pachinkos seemed to have evolved to glorified slot machines and that there is very little "pachinko" left in them. I also mourned the move of pinball machines to more and more "video modes". I guess you could call me a purist. I always liked the manual plungers because I could adjust how strong I launch the ball and try to direct it to the payout pockets. Now I can only control the speed that I can launch the balls.

The guy is not in a hurry to sell it, and if I stumble onto 400 bucks in the future, I might reconsider.

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: "Fair" Value for Sankyo Star Wars Pachinko Machine.

"I'm somewhat dissappointed that modern pachinkos seemed to have evolved to glorified slot machines and that there is very little "pachinko" left in them. I also mourned the move of pinball machines to more and more "video modes". I guess you could call me a purist."

YES! A man after my own heart.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    Don't feel too bad. I still have two vintage pachinkos. I just got the repair parts for my 71 Nishijin A recycler so it should be fully lit and functional within the next 48 hours. My 78 Sankyo is running like a champ and just needs a bigger ball tray and some more balls to keep me from always having to go to the back and refilling the jackpot hopper.

A friend of mine is digging out his machine today for me to see and if he can convince his wife to let it go, I might have a third to work on.

I'm really a more vintage pachinko guy because of it's uniqueness. I'm somewhat dissappointed that modern pachinkos seemed to have evolved to glorified slot machines and that there is very little "pachinko" left in them. I also mourned the move of pinball machines to more and more "video modes". I guess you could call me a purist. I always liked the manual plungers because I could adjust how strong I launch the ball and try to direct it to the payout pockets. Now I can only control the speed that I can launch the balls.

The guy is not in a hurry to sell it, and if I stumble onto 400 bucks in the future, I might reconsider.
    Completely agree and also feel the same about pins. I like the fact that on EM pins the plunger shot is designed to be a skill shot that's needed to complete whatever objective. Of course it's also cool that the pop bumpers can sometimes knock the ball back up and over the rollovers if all your plunger shots missed.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

25. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree and disagree.

I enjoy playing my single shots and nishijins models from the 70's a lot. I love my harmonone machine because of the crazy lights and robotics. But I know that when that ball goes into that pocket...10 balls come out (or whatever) and that's all that is going to happen. I love the "game" feel and it's more of a challenge.

But with my modern machine (like starwars), I know there are different videos, different songs, different things that this machine will do that I have not seen. So the challenge is get it to jackpot again, so I can see more! I know the starwars doesn't have a lot to offer, but I think this is the draw to modern machines. I like my starwars machine more of a decoration than anything. It looks pretty cool in my basement, especially when I have company over.

Don't get me wrong, I love my basic machines, but I like variety!
    joe

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to jodini

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jodini View Post
    My friend, you better jump on that. The thing with the Starwars Pachinko, is guys don't like letting them go (just ask me) so if you find one for under $400.00, you better grab it. The starwars pachinko on ebay was going for $675.00...or something like that. The seller did settle on an offer but I know it wasn't much less than $600.00...think someone told me $550.00...and I'm not sure if that was shipping included!
    I was the one that made the offer on the SW pachinko on Ebay. I paid greater than $550 but less than $600. You are also correct that shipping was extra. Fedex says I should get it on 4/18/2013... Yah!

29. The following user says "Thanks" to happierr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey happierr! CONGRATS!
    When you get it, don't freak out when you turn it on...it takes a while for it to warm up. R2-D2 moves around like a FAX machine, screen flashes...doorbell noises...it's really weird! But after it stops (and don't do anything until it stops), shut it off wait 5 seconds and then turn it back on. The only bad part about the Starwars machine is the warm up. Some people don't have the problem, but most do.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!
    Joe

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jodini

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did not mean to have this become a vintage vs. modern debate. I wanted the star wars because it combines my love of star wars with my love of pachinko.

I simply got notice congratulating on the fact that they are renovating my apartment, which is a back handed way of telling me to expect a significant rent increase. So I figured that spending nearly 400 dollars on a third pachinko machine would not be prudent.

I have a preference for vintage pachinko, but I don't want to get into a vintage vs modern war. Bottom line, it's still pachinko.

33. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast