Thread: No power to pachislo.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default No power to pachislo.

Hello, I have a chance to buy two pachislo machine with the coin accepter. I have been told that both machines can't recieve power to come on. Would this be because the accepters are missing and how hard would it be to track down the parts for the accepter.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: No power to pachislo.

The machine powers up from the Power Supply, not having a coin mechanism in it would have no effect on powering up. The Power Supply, normally in the bottom of the machine, next to the hopper has one or two fuses, that could be blown. Thus not powering up.

Finding coin mechanisms for them may or may not be a easy task. All parts needed for these machines are just what members have from "dead machines" that are parted out.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the machine I'm talking about is the popeye pachislo, I believe the accepter is missing and Won't power up, also, where can I find an accepter for this machine? the other machine is an aladdin and coins won't go in, it will power up, but no sound. any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by smsnow101
    the machine I'm talking about is the popeye pachislo, I believe the accepter is missing and Won't power up, also, where can I find an accepter for this machine? the other machine is an aladdin and coins won't go in, it will power up, but no sound. any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Both the Popeye and Aladdin are Sammy Brand machines and take the same type of coin mechanism. I say the same type but there are two different ones. There is a model# NS-130C that you need for the Popeye and also that same model# for the Aladdin, if it is a newer model of Aladdin, like Aladdin Evolution. If it is a older model of Aladdin you would need Model# NS-130B coin mechanism. The two different model #'s look the same, other than the connections. On the 130B it has a 6 wire connector and a 2 wire connector and on the 130C there is one, 8 wire connector.

Finding a coin mechanism shouldn't be to tough. Sammy, Rodeo and Aristocrat all use these type of coin mechanism's and between them they have released 172 different titles, over the years. The powering up problem has to be with the power supply of transformer. The 110V, coming from the wall outlet, goes to the transformer and converts it to 24V, which goes to the power supply. So I'd check that you have 24V coming out of the transformer, if not then replace it. If there is, then it's the power supply. There are two fuses on the front of the power supply, a 6A and a 15A, check to see if they are good. They may look good, but you need to test the continuity and make sure. If the fuses are good, then the problem is inside the power supply and will most likely have to find a replacement power supply.

The Aladdin, not taking tokens, if you mean they won't go in at all, then there is something blocking them. Something you would have to check for. If they go in, but fall into the coin tray, the coin mechanism, most likely, needs cleaned or a bad connection, or the machine may be needed to be reset. Really it could a combination of things. From my experience, a lot of these machines have been setting around for awhile/stored and are dirty, loose connections, mice have gotten in them and really not cared for. No sound could be as easy as the speakers are unplugged. these machines are loud and some owners unplug them. Some machines don't make sounds till a Bonus Round. Again there is no "one answer", you will have to investigate.

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a picture of the coin mechanism you need for Popeye.

001.jpg002.jpg

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks a bunch, Ill be picking these machines up before long and If it's ok I'll pm you and let you know how things went.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can PM me, that's fine.

But, please post here also. I don't have all the answers and having all the members here looking at your situation is more beneficial.

Thanks!

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pop7.JPG Ok gentlemen, just to make sure I'm not making a fool of myself. Do I need more than just the coin accepter? this is the inside of the popeye machine.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Make sure you get thd wiring when you find one. As for the rest, Don't know. Sorry
    Ian #UKPachinko

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The only thing missing from that picture is the coin mechanism. There is a empty 6 wire connection, that's where the coin mechanism plugs in.

I pointed it out on your picture.

pop7.JPG

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, I meant an empty 8 wire connector, not 6.

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would suspect there are other things wrong with that machine and that's why the coin acceptor went missing. No rational person would take it out of a fairly rare popeye machine. Like Wayne said,the coin acceptor has nothing to do with powering up, that's another issue. Beware

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alrighty, So It looks Like I might have to scrap the popeye. Dang...alright Ive been told that the Aladdin machine will power on, At first I thought it wouldn't, but it has no sound and won't accept coins. also, I have included photo's of the machine. al2.JPGal3.JPGal4.JPGal5.JPG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It appears you have a Aladdin Evolution. I would try a "Hard Reset" of the machine.

Here are the steps.

(Each step must be done in order, exactly as stated , or the machine will not reset.)

1) With the power to the machine OFF, turn the reset key, on the power supply, to the right.

2) Turn the power to the machine ON.

3) A number, (1 to 6), will be displayed in the WIN window, on the front of the door. That number represents the odds. 1=less odds of winning,2,3,4,5,6=best odds of winning. By pressing the blue button, on the inside of the door, above the coin mechanism, you can change the odds to the number you want.

4) Once you select your odds number, now hold down on the spin lever. The number that you selected, and is displayed in the WIN window will change to zero when you hold down on the spin lever. (The machine has accepted your odds setting.)

5) With the machine still ON, turn the reset key to the left.
    (while turning the reset key to the left you will hear a "click sound" from the coin mechanism. If not, the machine did not reset.)

As far as your Popeye machine. The parts from your Aladdin Evo. are the same as what are in your Popeye machine. Same power supply and coin mechanism.

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alright wayne, I will try the reset. Do you all know where I could purchase parts for this machine if avail?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, parts are not easy to come by.

It is a more common brand, with several different models, that use the same parts. So that does help.

I would post the parts you need and maybe a Member has the part. Also I would contact John, at Stealth Home Amusement, and see if he has your parts. Plus you can keep checking PachiParts to see if your parts are listed.

Here's some links:
    Slot Machines for sale, Pachislo, buy slot machine, Pachislo Slot Machine, Wholesale Slot Machines , Pachinko, Tokens, Stealth Home Amusement
    PachiParts

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would I be able to use parts off of a sammy fire drift machine to fix popeye or would it have to be a large led screen machine like fireworks,spiderman...ect...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would I be able to use parts off of a sammy fire drift machine to fix popeye or would it have to be a large led screen machine like fireworks,spiderman...ect...
    If you are looking to use the coin mechanism and power supply from a FireDrift machine on your Popeye, those parts Will Not work.

The power supply and coin mechanism in your Aladdin Evo machine are the exact same as what are in a Popeye machine. So, if you are looking at parts, compare them to what is in your Aladdin and if they are the same, they will work in your Popeye.

29. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi,Everyone I got a Pachislo slot machine that had no power. Using a voltmeter, I had 24 volts output from the transformer. When it was said and done I replaced the on/off switch.After that the lights would just come on.I was on the right track though.I was hoping to find a tech manual for this machine.If anyone knows of one being published I would love to know about it.Anyway back to the point.I tried the hard reset mentioned by the moderator and it has seemed to come to life.Thank you so much.I would have been lost without this forum

31. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to bigcrybaby

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to hear you got it working, unfortunately there are no tech manuals for these machines. The good news is that collectively, the folks here have figured out all kinds of solutions to common and even some rare problems. Welcome to the site !