Thread: Dating mid-60s Nishijin model A singleshot w/all Japanese characters

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Dating mid-60s Nishijin model A singleshot w/all Japanese characters

I've seen some info on deciphering the labels with the labels listing the expirations (Showa era where you add 1925 to the number). But I don't have an appropriate 2 digit number (I suspect i should see one in the 40's, this should be a late 60s machine I am thinking, actually brought back from overseas by my brother in law in the early 70s).
    Now i also read that some have all Japanese characters, so supecting this is what I have and need to have the labels deciphered to determine the year.
    Is there anyone here that is an expert in reading the labels on the front of the machine? They are all very legible.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Dating mid-60s Nishijin model A singleshot w/all Japanese characters

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I've seen some info on deciphering the labels with the labels listing the expirations (Showa era where you add 1925 to the number). But I don't have an appropriate 2 digit number (I suspect i should see one in the 40's, this should be a late 60s machine I am thinking, actually brought back from overseas by my brother in law in the early 70s).
    Now i also read that some have all Japanese characters, so supecting this is what I have and need to have the labels deciphered to determine the year.
    Is there anyone here that is an expert in reading the labels on the front of the machine? They are all very legible.
    Can you please post some pictures when you get a chance. I can be very possible that the sticker with the date is gone. On many older machines it seems like they got peeled off.

For now you might be able to figure out the date by a similar machine on member Rival's site.
    Nishijin Pachinko Machine Information

His dates on the single shots seem right to me. I have yet to double check them though.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Dating mid-60s Nishijin model A singleshot w/all Japanese characters

please post pictures

good close ups and im sure we can help
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, will try to get some pics up later today.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Using the link given above, it looks the most like the 1967, but has some features of the 1968 as well.

EDIT looks like a 1967 with a 1968 playing field.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Gilly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the pics, I have a few more I could post. Again if you compare my machine with the pics on the link above, the machine itself looks like the 67, but the playing field looks like the 1968, for example look at the light in the middle.
    The labels, from a "pachi-museum" site I was looking at, it seems like the expiration date should be on the middle label, but they did show examples like mine where it is all in Japanese characters.

000_2770.jpg000_2763.jpg
    Last edited by Gilly; 04-01-2013 at 04:49 PM.

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Gilly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

None of the labels have any numbers on them so the expiration sticker must be located elsewhere.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have an identical machine. Did you ever figure out how or where to decipher the kongi script on them?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by elliotsegal View Post
    I have an identical machine. Did you ever figure out how or where to decipher the kongi script on them?

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead