Thread: Best Deal Yet

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Best Deal Yet

Picked up a 1991 Wild Cats Type-A pachislo by Olympia at a Japanese thrift store for 800 yen (800 yen = $8.50)! Almost left it behind, but my wife said “Honey, it’s only 8 bucks” so I turned the car around and went back to the store. To my surprise this thing is fully functional. The theme is Wild Cats and the belly glass has a picture of a cat in a tuna can with a city skyline in the background and pretty cool graphics with holograms. I found a Wild Cats from 2010 by New Ark in the database with the identical graphics. Got it home and spent the better part of the weekend cleaning it and getting everything tightened up. It was pretty dusty with yellow cigarette smoke ”goo” dripping down the inside of the belly glass. I completely took it apart and got everything cleaned and all of the chrome and plastics shined back up with Novus plastic cleaner. That stuff is great as it removed the green patina from the plastic and metal/chrome parts and was able to remove most of the scratches using Novus3, then Novus 2, and finally polishing with Novus 1 formula. Only bad part is the metal ashtray which is pretty rusty and I might get it re-chromed later. Another trick I use when cleaning the black cabinets is to cover scratches and dings with a black Sharpie and immediately wiping over it with a paper towel. The marks practically disappear. This thing is actually simple and a lot of fun to play. Everything on it is English which makes it easier to play than the four modern pachislos I own. No Kanji writing and Japanese voices yelling at you all of the time. Just have to line up three fruits, cats or 7’s on a five line bet. It is a one,two, or three bet machine. When it goes into a bonus round, it plays analog music that reminds me of circus/carnival music and all of the lights flash. Had to install a volume controller on its single speaker due to it being LOUD like most pachis. The bonus round lasts for quite some time as it spit out well over 600 tokens. The hopper is huge and is made of metal which makes a loud clanging noise when putting tokens into the machine. Overall it’s a pretty cool machine and for $8.50 I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to add it to my pachi collection.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg8.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

All cleaned up and shining pretty!

9.jpg

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to polejock92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Best Deal Yet

you can't go wrong for that price
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Score
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent Deal!!!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I enjoyed reading about your 'find'. Well done, thanks. My wife and I spent 4 years in Japan in the '60s and we brought back a pachinko machine which still works. Recently acquired an Olympia "My Angel", it's very loud and very exciting, especially in the bonus round. A lot of digital voices yelling encouragement throughout the game play. Wish I knew what they were saying.

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Creeker

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
    I enjoyed reading about your 'find'. Well done, thanks. My wife and I spent 4 years in Japan in the '60s and we brought back a pachinko machine which still works. Recently acquired an Olympia "My Angel", it's very loud and very exciting, especially in the bonus round. A lot of digital voices yelling encouragement throughout the game play. Wish I knew what they were saying.
    Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow great deal!!

They made a new version (called W Cats) of that game in 2008, its cool to see the original!!

New Pachislos for December 08!! (King Kong, W Cats)

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss