Thread: Cautious about ordering a Pachislo online. Worried about shipping damages. HELP

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Cautious about ordering a Pachislo online. Worried about shipping damages. HELP

So I've been saving my nickels and dimes and I'm hoping to place an order for a Biohazard Pachislo Machine in a week. Right now there's only 2 online companies that carry it; bluehotaru.com and Akimono/custompachinko.com . This is the first time that I'll be ordering a Pachislo Machine via mail delivery (pickup up the other two that I own) and I would like to hear any good/bad comments about each company... mostly about shipping/packaging.

I just worry because in the past my brother has had problem with damages when ordering Pachinko machines (about 4 years ago, don't know the import company) and I just don't want to go through the same headache.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cautious about ordering a Pachislo online. Worried about shipping damages. H

You cant go wrong with either vendor. They are both 100% reliable and safe.

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cautious about ordering a Pachislo online. Worried about shipping damages. H

ditto
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

5. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

shipping can always be a problem...

both sellers are member hear.. i have had dealings with Rita@bluehotaru. im sure both will stand up and treat ya right..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just waiting for some ebay auctions to close so I can buy it. How long is usual shipping time?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've ordered from Rita at Blue Hotaru before. Was impressed by the packaging. Of course good packaging can't always save a machine---I'm reminded of a rare Dig Dug destroyed by UPS. What a shame!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I only had an issue once... well... i only have one pachislo... when Fedex probably dropped the machine once or twice. The hopper inside got loose and did some non-permanent damage.

If you order from someone else, I'd suggest that you ask them to either detatch and pack the hopper separately, or fill the inside with those plastic pillows. Or a sack full or styrofoam peanuts??? Or tape it down well???

The things are pretty much empty inside - plenty of room for something to "go moshing" (to use the thrash-metal vernacular) if it gets loose.

When I got mine I needed to resolder on a few wires, glue and tape a corner of the hopper back on, and re-attach a couple other nearby parts that got knocked loose.
    Woof!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chumsize View Post
    I'd suggest that you ask them to either detatch and pack the hopper separately, or fill the inside with those plastic pillows.
    When I ordered my Evangelion Pachislo from FBTC the inside was packed with bagged peanuts to keep the reels and hopper tray in place - nice and snug. Agreed that UPS/FedEx can treat these poorly and as heavy as they are, poorly treated = busted pretty quick.
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman
    Pachislo: Gundam II, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When a friend and I traded pachis, we even drilled & screwed down the hoppers so that they couldn't move. They did however have metal rails that we could access. We shipped without tokens also.

Stuck in Podunk, Ne and long to move back to Southern Ca.
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by StuTalon View Post
    When I ordered my Evangelion Pachislo from FBTC the inside was packed with bagged peanuts to keep the reels and hopper tray in place - nice and snug. Agreed that UPS/FedEx can treat these poorly and as heavy as they are, poorly treated = busted pretty quick.
    Some time ago I bought a pachislo online and the seller had a UPS Pack & Ship service pack and box it for delivery. It ended up being the biggest nightmare ever when I started unpacking it. The shipper didn't bother wrapping the machine before the initial packing and unfortunately didn't notice that there were cutouts for handle grips but there wasn't any plastic handle inserts for the cutouts. During shipping the styro peanuts used to fill the box started falling through every cutout on the sides and back of the machine. By the time I rec'd it the machine was at least half full inside of with the peanuts. Absolutely every single nook and crannny in the machine had broken styro clinging to it. I was weeks cleaning the interior of the machine and for a while the electronics didn't work very well. I had a person tell me the static electricity built up inside and would only work after most of the styro was removed? Needless to say I've never been very fond of peanuts after that incident!
    Spiderman-Sinbad-Ultraman P/P-Onimusha-Gamera-Juggler-Onoki-Gundam-Hanabi-Tiger Mask-Tomb Raider P/P-D'bl Diamond-Takarabune-Beast Sapp-Tekken-Yajikita-Twinkle Stage-Duel Dragon-Popeye-Speed Racer-Million God-Jaws-Gladiator-St.Maria-Let'sDance-Indy-RoboCop-Julie-Palot

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to FREKKEN TEKKEN

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think that we who have received a machine from a vendor have a better idea of how they should be safely packaged for shipping than some 'professionals'.
    (now that is a long sentence!)