Thread: Another refurbishing question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Another refurbishing question

I was looking the about us page on the stelf home amusement web site. I know all of the machines he ships out are in great condition but looking at the pictures of his wherehouse it seams that all of the machines look to be straight off the boat. So does he refurbish them after you order one. Does any one do this or they just a little dusty.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another refurbishing question

please read the first few lines on his site

http://www.stealthhomeamusement.com/info.html
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those pictures must have been take right after they moved into that wharehouse. Take picture #4, from that back wall out to where the double stacked machines end (about 20-25 feet) is now shelving where completed machines will set.
    In pics #2 & 3 you will see the tables/desks/workbenches where the guys refurb each machine from top to bottom and test each part to make sure they all work, after each machine is done it is put into a big plastic bag to keep it clean.
    What is not shown is down past the area with the shelving is the loading dock with 2 rooms off that area. One room is where the cabinets are repainted, and the other room is where the machines are boxed up for shipping. Once an order is bagged it is boxed and left down here near the loading dock so it is easier to load on the trucks.
    It's my understanding that when you order your machine off the website it is refurbed that day or the next then sent out for delivery. The ebay machines are refurbed up front and are ready to go into boxes for shipping. WHen we order ours for our store (usually 6-8 at a time) we let them know what we want a couple days before we pick them up, when we get there they are all ready, stacked by the loading dock to load into our van.

You should see these guys refurbing a machine, they are very picky about what they are doing, They take pride in the fact that their machines are the one of the cleanest around.
    Hope that answers some of your questions, marniebattle

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Utopia1dc

I recently got 6 machines (not refurbished, just like they come in off the containers) to resell. It took me about 3 hours each to make sure they work properly, clean coin mechs, change any light bulbs, clean and polish inside and out, and 2 coats of paint.

I took my time to do it right. And let me tell you, after doing this myself, it's a lot of work, but NO machine that I have purchased (from major vendors) compares to my refurbs in cleanliness and appearance (yes, I am patting myself on the back for a job well done!).

I now look at my personal machines (that the vendors refurbished) and I am going to need to re-refurbish them to my standards.