Thread: Just got a Net Kampai game, reels keep spinning, stop buttons won't stop reels

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Just got a Net Kampai game, reels keep spinning, stop buttons won't stop reels

Just got this machine and it seems like something may be out of adjustment and not allowing it to go into ready to play mode and sometimes when it does accept tokens and I start the reels spin, sometimes the 3 buttons on the front will light up and allow you to stop the reels but very few and far between. I can turn the machine off and nudge any of the 3 reels and turn it back on and the stop buttons will then light up and allow me to stop the reels. Another issue is that it won't cash out/drop the tokens into the tray, allow you to play one credit at a time by pressing the single credit button. One last thing I notice is that sometimes after it actually works and allows you to stop the reels, it won't go right back to ready to play mode again, but i can turn it off and do the same "nudge any reel" and tun it back on and it will be back to ready to play mode. Sorry for the long description, but that's what's going on with the machine. Any ideas as to where to start troubleshooting so I can get it to work correctly? For what it's worth, it seems like when a reel stops by itself and the others keep spinning, it is always the middle reel that stops first.

Thanks,

David
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Just got a Net Kampai game, reels keep spinning, stop buttons won't stop re

Bump please

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Just got a Net Kampai game, reels keep spinning, stop buttons won't stop re

Sorry it's not a model I am familiar with

but just to rule out simple stuff, have you performed the complete 'hard reset'?? (the reset that includes the odds setting)

also check that all connectors are seated firmly, you may need to unplug and reseat them

or it could be possible someone has taken the reels out at some point and maybe not reseated them properly?

or you may have stuck or sticky buttons?

Hopefully other members will advise on further trouble shooting for you, hopefully it's something simple to solve
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I unplugged every connector and ribbon cable and re seated all of them, re set the game and still have the same problems, it seems to me as if the issue is coming from the middle reel but I can't see anything wrong with it physically wrong with it though. When the reels are just spinning and the 3 button lights go off on the front and won't stop the reels, I can turn the game off and back on a few times and they will light back up and allow me to stop them independently but the middle reel upon powering the machine back on is slow to start spinning, it drags a little first. Hope this info helps a little. Another issue is that the tokens will not cash out and drop into the tray when I press the button nor will it allow me to play 1 credit at a time by pressing the bet one button, don't know if that is relevant or not with the reels not stopping problem.

Thanks,

David

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Just got a Net Kampai game, reels keep spinning, stop buttons won't stop re

the stop buttons may be sticking, or the start lever may not be centering.

I've had luck a few times just with using contact cleaner on them.

the stop buttons can be removed usually in one section and taken apart and cleaned

not sure about your token problem, some machines are max bet only even if they have 1, 2 or max buttons
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, once you deposit 3 tokens the game is ready to play. (More than 3 tokens deposited will be displayed in the credit window). Push down on the spin lever and the three reels should spin and the 3 stop buttons should light up. When you push a stop button the lighted button should go off and the coresponding reel should stop.

Quote Originally Posted by BR549AUTOSALES
    I start the reels spin, sometimes the 3 buttons on the front will light up and allow you to stop the reels but very few and far between.

If you start the reels and the three stop button lights do not light up, then my guess is that your spin lever is sticking on. There is a photo sensor, that when you push the spin lever, breaks the light beam, and activates the circuit. All the buttons and levers use these sensors. So you may have a dirty sensor. Use a Q-tip and window cleaner to clean it. Be gentle in cleaning these sensors.

On the motherboard, mounted in the back of the machine, check for a led that lights up when you push the spin lever. When you push down on the spin lever the led will light and when you release the spin lever it will go off. Same is the case for each stop button, max bet button and single bet button. These led's help in troubleshooting problems, as far as stuck buttons and such.

As far as cash/credit play. Hold in on the cash out button for several seconds. It should then dump all registered tokens on the credit meter into the token tray. Now the credit meter should be showing zero. Hold down on the cash/credit button again and the zero should disappear from the credit window, you are now in cash mode. The machine will only accept 3 tokens.
    To get back to credit mode, hold the cash/credit button down till the zero is displayed in the credit window. Now the machine will register up to 50 on the credit meter.

Most likely your machine is a max bet only machine. Most machines are. Most older and still some newer machines would let you bet one, two or three tokens. Manufacturers use the same frame for several different games, so it's easier to just add a non-working bet button than changing the whole frame.

What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks a million! The middle button was the culprit, it was like the small metal tab inside the button was not blocking the optic or the optic itself was dirty. I took it apart and cleaned it with a q-tip and alcohol, the q-tip would not get all the way down into the opening where the optic is though, can you suggest a better method of cleaning them because I'm going to go ahead and clean the other 2 stop buttons as well. On another note, the cash out button works now (by holding it down for a few seconds) and it drops the proper amount of tokens and the bet one and the bet two buttons also work. As far as setting the machine up for level of difficulty, which number 1-6 is the setting to allow you to win more often? Again thanks so much for your help, i know nothing as far as troubleshooting on pachislo games, I own several IGT and Bally slot machines and can work on them and repair with no problems, so I look forward to learning more about these.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to BR549AUTOSALES

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Will an autostop mod work with this machine?

Thanks,

David

Thanks
    Thanks Received

contact cleaner in a spray can will clean the inside of the buttons and dry fast.

I like setting at 3 or 4 for more small wins and things happening,

set on 6 doesn't give many small wins and loses some of the excitement
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by BR549AUTOSALES View Post
    Will an autostop mod work with this machine?

Thanks,

David
    Glad to here you got it up and running David. Have not had the time to make posts every day. Wayne-Ooo Came to
    the Rescue.

In answer to your queston above yes and Autostop (I call them AutoSlots) will fit into your machine. Link from my Web
    Site about the AS-NET AutoSlot. :

NET Model Wiring

NET Machines do not use the Traditional Stop Boards and the AutoSlot must be wired directly to the inner door plugs. A
    total of 10 wires from the Device.

If you look at the picture in the above link you will see 4 wires from the AutoSlot connected to 2 wires on the CN7 Plug the
    yellow and orange wires. 2 wires from the Autoslot must be connected to both the yellow and orange wire then each of
    those 2 wires on CN7 must be cut between the connection points. These connections make the Credit Add feature of the
    AutoSlot work.

The next plug CN6 has 5 wires connected to it. 3 of them from the AutoSlot go to the stop button wires and the other 2 are
    connected to power the AutoSlot. The last Plug CN5 has 1 wire from the AutoSlot connected to it. CN5 is the Spin Knob
    Plug. this connection tells the AutoSlot that the reels have started spinning and for it to start it's stopping program. If you
    just wanted the AutoSlot to stop the reels and not have Credit add the 4 wires from the AutoSlot would not have to be
    connected.

My regular Plug and Play AutoSlots will only stop the Reels from spinning. These plug into the Traditional Stop Board.

Cable3.jpg The Newer Machines out there (2005 / 2006 and beyond) did away with the Stop Board. They now use
    what they call a Parlor interface Board.

PIC 2.jpg
    With these machines the Reel Stop functions have been moved onto the Main Motherboard.

My on going Saga speech.

AutoSlot is currently shut down due to lack of funds to purchase parts. I hope to have it back up
    and running this year. There is another Vendor who is on the Bay but all of his devices are plug and play and do not have the
    Credit Add Feature.

Hope this helped you in understanding Autostops / AutoSlots.

72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos