Thread: The Terminator Power supply needed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default The Terminator Power supply needed

I have a IGT The terminator machine with Arnold on the front...I need a power supply or the schematic or info for someone that can repair mine. Been looking for more then a year.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The Terminator Power supply needed

Should just need a 60hz 120-240v to 24v transformer. There out there. (takes 120-240v household power and transforms it to 24v) Thats what all mine have anyway...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by WondersPachi View Post
    Should just need a 60hz 120-240v to 24v transformer. There out there. (takes 120-240v household power and transforms it to 24v) Thats what all mine have anyway...
    No that is not what I am looking for...I have the transformer I need the power supply that has 24v ac input that that transformer connects to.

It looks just like the pictures I attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It looks like the IGT Japan Pachislo machine "Nitro" has a power supply that is similar to this if not the same.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found an entire machine that powers on but has some error code. It should arrive on the 8th. and will have more details then. Now I will have 2 Terminators but no keys for either. I need one reset key and one door key...Does anyone know where to get them for less then an arm and a leg? or have extra keys they will sell for around $20 for both?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you can't find keys, another option would be to replace the keyed reset switch with a toggle switch. You can also de-pin the door lock so any key will work. I've done both of these and has worked very well. Really fairly simple to do.

Here's some information on how to do both.

Image (10).jpgImage (12).jpgImage (11).jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you can get that reset key switch out of the power supply, a locksmith should be able to make a key for it. That's what I ended up doing for my Nile Panic, as for the door key, my local locksmith claimed he didn't have the proper size, luckily I still have mine but it is rough.
    Last edited by WondersPachi; 05-05-2013 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Corrections

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I went to the locksmith and had keys made...so if anyone needs the keys for a IGT Japan Pachislo Slot machine from 2000-01 era let me know. Just waiting on the UPS delivery of my 2nd "The Terminator" machine. Between the 2 I hope to get one fully functional.

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to wackyracer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice! Did you get the reset key out or just take the whole PS up there?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by WondersPachi View Post
    Nice! Did you get the reset key out or just take the whole PS up there?
    I removed the power supply and then took the 6 or so screws out that hold the lid. I then removed the keyed switch and had the locksmith make keys for it...BUT The new keys DO NOT fit the locks on my new machine and I believe they should...So if anyone can confirm that all IGT the Terminator machines take the same keys I will use that information and take the other lock cylinders back to the locksmith to change the tumblers on the ones they just worked on so I can sell extra keys to those who need them.
    Last edited by wackyracer; 05-08-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The door lock and reset key switch are keyed differently.

On that note IGT Pachislos use a flat and round key on the door. My Harley and Dragon Dice use a round key. The Spin luck uses
    a flat key. The inner key on the power supply to change the odds are all the same in all three nachines.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know the 2 keys are different...the question is are the keys cut the same for all of the terminator machines or does each machine have different keys? Example will my terminator keys work in your terminator machine? or does your IGT Harley keys work in your IGT Spin luck?
    Last edited by wackyracer; 05-10-2013 at 02:10 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

UPDATE: I bought another machine for parts and ended up fixing that one. I have determined my original machine only needs a power box/ supply (not the transformer), and the audio board that also controls the Led matrix and the lighting effects, I can also use a pig tail for the door switch as the machine I just received had it cut off so I used it on that one.

I believe the IGT Nitro, IGT Superegg may be the same on the inside with just a rom swaps required for sound and lighting personality...I am not positive though.

Once I have these parts I will have 2 working machines.

I may part the machine out if I cannot find parts soon. If anyone needs some parts let me know as all the parts are working EXCEPT those I listed and the door lock cyl that has been hacked up by someone.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    The door lock and reset key switch are keyed differently.

On that note IGT Pachislos use a flat and round key on the door. My Harley and Dragon Dice use a round key. The Spin luck uses
    a flat key. The inner key on the power supply to change the odds are all the same in all three nachines.
    I know the 2 keys are different flat reset vs round door key...the question is are the keys cut the same for all of the terminator machines or does each machine have different keys? Example will my terminator keys work in your terminator machine? or does your IGT Harley keys work in your IGT Spin luck? My new reset key does not work in both machines and neither does the door key even though I told the locksmith to make a key based on the tumblers ( I did not ask him to rekey them) As I assumed the keys should be the same and should work on the machine I bought but had not yet received.I asked them to make me 3 of each key so I can sell them on ebay. I made this assumption based on Stealth Amusements telling me they had the keys for my machine and they would cost me $XX.XX each plus postage.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by wackyracer View Post
    I believe the IGT Nitro, IGT Superegg may be the same on the inside with just a rom swaps required for sound and lighting personality...I am not positive though.
    Add the IGT Pachislo "SEVEN" to the list of machines that possibly have the arts I am looking for.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Made some slight diagnostic progress tonight...I put the non-working audio/light board into a machine tonight...on these boards there are 2-3 way switches that control the volume H, M & Low...with the machine on...when I move the switches I get static and popping out of the speakers. This tells me the amp section is functioning but has no signal input...my next step is to confirm this by locating the input and injecting a signal into it. If that works then I can concentrate on the sound generating chip area and all the lighting side.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The sound chip appears to be a Yamaha YMZ735-F
    class: table_style5

[TR]
    [TH]Description [/TH]
    [TD]SSG ADPCM PLAYBACK WITH SEQUENCER [/TD]
    [/TR]

...Anyone know where I can find a data sheet for it? I'm having no luck with my online searches.
    Last edited by wackyracer; 05-13-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added chip description

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found a data sheet for Yamaha YMZ705 not the exact model but it matches the pins. YMZ705 datasheet pdf datenblatt - List of Unclassifed Manufacturers - SSG ADPCM PLAYBACK WITH SEQUENCER ::: ALLDATASHEET ::: I tested all the Grounds on the chip and all the VDD 5v + power supply voltage pins and they all test ok, Then I injected a 200hz signal into pin 3 Left analog output then pin 4 the Right analog output from the chip. This allowed me to test the amp section and that tested ok even though one side was louder then the other. Now to figure out how to test the digital input side...any ideas?