Thread: Any one near Somerset County NJ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Any one near Somerset County NJ

I don't know for sure where to post this so here seems okay, if not please mod move it for me,
    Does anyone live in or near Somerset County NJ I need some help, not a Pachinko lol but means a lot to me,
    I would of course pay you for your help,
    Many thanks!
    Cheers,
    P.
    "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Any one near Somerset County NJ

im about an hour away if that helps

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the reply, an hour away might be too far I don't know but here is the story,

Hey, I learned long ago that if you put something on the table that you want badly all of a sudden some Cheddar Richard very well might jump in and cut your throat and steal it away from you but in this case it would appear I have lost out anyway so tossing this line out could only help me get the item I want.

I have been looking for many things that I have come to the point in my life I can afford to have,
    Actually nothing is really all that costly, lucky for me and my budget,
    I have been wanting a token metal typer for well over 25 years, not a high dollar item and made by the zillions from the 30's to the 80's they are only hard to find because people hang onto them or have them stashed away in the warehouse.

Several days ago in one of my net crawls I find one, I nice metal typer for 75 bucks,
    I jump on it and the seller says he would be happy to sell it to me and for a few dollars more drop it off at UPS for packing and shipping...wow, I couldn't have been happier.
    He sounded like a nice fellow I have no idea why he became a flake perhaps CL scammer?

Then for reasons that I am clueless about the seller jerks out on me he doesn't call when he said he would to set up payment and when I hit him a text the next day about it his only reply is "he's working"

I really hate to miss out on it, so I made the post here while not a Pach' it's in that vein and I was hoping someone close to him could hit him up see if he still has it buy it for me and drop it at UPS for packing and shipping to me,
    Yes, asking a lot, but I would be happy to pay a person a reasonable fee for their time and trouble.

Yes, I admit I feel like ranting a little about it I find what I want and am told I can have it then the seller becomes a flake.
    Another nail in the coffin of me thinking CL is a dirt heap of scammers.

Anyway here is the ad, still up at this moment.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/clt/3640326604.html

Thanks
    Thanks Received

add deleated...

not that its any of my biz... but what is it your looking for??

what is a "token metal typer" and whats it for???
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

he might have found out he can get a lot more for it!!

Standard Metal Typer and Harvard Metal Typer and Tokens
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

6. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

add is deleted but if seller comes through i wont have a problem going to nj to get it for you i know the feeling when you want something and seller wont ship it

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh I have seen one of those before. They are really neat machines. The guts are very confusing though. If I'm correct the one I saw was made in Japan. (or it had a bin placed in it that said made in japan. I forget which.) The one I saw was priced at $150 and I think it was already sold. (was at an antique market in Scottsdale AZ.)

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah he just deleted it since I posted this what a Richard cranium,
    Well, the ones that sell for 1900 are like brand new and the fellow stands behind them, used ones seldom work right without tweaking...lol like pachinkos,
    Well if anyone finds one for me please hit me up...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's disappointing but it happens alot and I see lots of post about CL flakes but I also see plenty of over eager buyers (ive been one of those for sure) that should do some critical thinking about the whole process and think things through. So the following is sorta my take on things after all my CL transactions. In this case I'm not defending what he did but unless a deposit was placed, paperwork signed, then there's really no binding agreement, IMO. CL is worldwide so my approach is to make a couple of assumptions. One is to assume there will always be other offers no matter what the seller agrees to or says to me. The other is that the seller very likely has not done research on what the value of the item is. When all these other offers come in they suddenly get amnesia about prior deals. Especially if you're not local and you may have someone check it out for you, etc, etc. That's not attractive from the sellers point of view when someone can pick it up right now with a larger amount than your offer and with cash.
    Now in the seller's defense, is it fair that they sell an arrangeball let's say, for 65 bucks when after a few days they're getting offers that are many times that and more accurately reflect the actual value? What would you or I do of I can make 10X what I thought and have bills to pay? I don't know and its an interesting topic. I understand trying to get the best deal possible but cash talks and everything else walks as they say. So my approach is to offer more than they're asking to take care of shipping and handling, the trouble of dropping it off to the shipper, and a buffer so that if they do get a higher offer they may contact me to see if I'll counter. I'm also pushy about paying right away and getting them to delete the ad to help secure the deal which is easy if the seller has Paypal. If they don't then I usually chalk it up as a loss which has happened to me once. Sometimes they'll cooperate and wait for a certified check/money order.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog