Thread: Dropping off and picking up pachinkos this weekend! STL to KC, MO!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Dropping off and picking up pachinkos this weekend! STL to KC, MO!

P1030500.JPGWell off to St. Louis area I went this weekend with the kids. Dropping off Pachinko machines for my two brothers. These two Nishijin B were working great, so I packed them up for my nieces and nephews. P1030505.jpgTHis machine was the first drop off (Friday night)...worked nice for my brother since he wanted me to cover some cables to his TV! P1030506.jpgDon't worry...all the cables are zip tied away! Next stop (Sunday)to my brother that has a little guy that loves to tinker! This brother likes to build so he's going to build his own cabinet. P1030520.jpg So off to St. Louis I went to pick up some more machines! I came across these two Nishijin Model A. P1030517.jpgP1030526.jpgP1030514.jpgNotice this picture with the twisted micro switch...GRRRRRRRRRR!!! Both machines had this issue. The one with the heart on it, my brother wanted to keep, so I fixed the micro switch, got the electric working, added a bulb in the payout tray, and got all the mechanics working (tons of wires bent the wrong way...). Everything seems to be working when I left the next day. The other machine I kept needs some work on (which I'll be asking for advice soon) on the rolling stone star on the right. Would like to see some videos of that in action.

Off to KC on Monday...this was the Weird Stuff Antique Store. Well they had 4 machines. Some in decent condition and two that need a lot of work, but will be fixed. When I see these broken down machines, I feel like they are like pound puppies...just need a little love and a home! LOL!

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to jodini

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Dropping off and picking up pachinkos this weekend! STL to KC, MO!

Sounds like a great road trip. Good luck with everything. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the machines you pick up.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the ones in KC.

P1030521.jpgFirst I had to bolt them down in the back of my van so they didn't smash into eachother!

P1030524.jpgOne has a really cool winter theme...what's the story on this one guys? And yes, the playing field will clean...YEAH!

These two single shots are VERY interesting...would love to know the dates on these if any knows.P1030522.jpgP1030528.jpg

Here's another single shot. Playing field will look better after replaced.P1030525.jpgP1030529.jpg

And here's the line up after my trip. Should be fun fixing them up!P1030530.jpg

Well that's it. If anyone knows the story on these that would be great! I might have to fabricate a couple of pieces for a couple, but overall it looks like the mechanics on the back are mostly there.

And it's all good guys...my wife knows about them all and she doesn't mind it! YEAH! I'm going to keep one of these single shots and probably fix up the others for sale.

Just trying to keep these machines from being thrown in the trash!
    Joe

5. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to jodini

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking machines. Great to see Pachis getting rescued.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Rolling Stone one is defiantly first on my list!
    I think this is our friend Max going to town...I could be wrong.
    Nishijin Model B machine in play - YouTube

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is Max. I have always liked the Rolling Stone machine. I believe Naha and some other members have these as well. If one were to pop up near me for the right price I would definitely pick it up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jodini View Post
    Here are the ones in KC.

P1030521.jpgFirst I had to bolt them down in the back of my van so they didn't smash into eachother!

P1030524.jpgOne has a really cool winter theme...what's the story on this one guys? And yes, the playing field will clean...YEAH!

These two single shots are VERY interesting...would love to know the dates on these if any knows.P1030522.jpgP1030528.jpg

Here's another single shot. Playing field will look better after replaced.P1030525.jpgP1030529.jpg
    Looks like a nice load you got there.

You even loaded them the right way. That is exactly how I loaded mine when I went to pick up a lot of 60 in Norther CA.(They all fit nicely in the back of a 8'X12' uhaul.) 001.jpg006.jpg

The one nishijin you have with the ski center. It is called the World Ski. I think it was done up for the Montreal winter Olympics. I have one of those machines myself.

I think those single shots are cool though. They are early 60's machines maybe around 62-63 I'd say.

The nishijin single shot is built year about 64 if I remember right.

You should have a good time with those.

Quote Originally Posted by jodini View Post
    Rolling Stone one is defiantly first on my list!
    I think this is our friend Max going to town...I could be wrong.
    Nishijin Model B machine in play - YouTube
    Yep that is my video. I no longer have that machine though. (kinda wished I kept it) Though I do have a model A version with the rolling stone and I felt that one would be more fun to play so I sold the other one.

100 machines and counting...

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice group of machine's

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you'd like to make a MINOR detour through Louisiana, you'd be more than welcome to drop off any extra machines you just happen to have lying around.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

HA! Thanks Browne92...it's good to be loved!

Well, the Rolling Stone is up and running. I don't think I've worked on a more tore up machine in my life! Dirt, twisted wires, broken covers, yucky tulips. then trying to get the pac-man thing going on the side!

I didn't take a lot of pictures of my clean up but I'll post something soon. Special thanks to Max for his helpful advice! Also RIVAL is the man! He's going to send me a box load of parts to get all these machines going (for a great price). Thanks RIVAL!
    Joe

14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to jodini