Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
Well I guess I should look at my own pictures. Where the Jan Ball is on my machine is lit. I have the same placard as yours.

If you just put in four balls in a row and quit and reset does it just pay one? If it does it is working correctly.

The lights on top should conform to the lit lights.
Four in a row pays one on mine...

I have a set back but first more I learned,

It will pay out up to ten with the board switch where it is now and five if I move that switch one of Emmadogs jackpot line ups paid 10 the one with balls along the edges not on the corners.
I will retest all the jackpots and post the winnings, I need to relocate the machine from my shop to the bedroom.

Now my problem I bought and installed the lamps from sky craft they were 28 volts they look just like the LT Teddy 2187 lamp,
However, in my machine they are way way too bright, they are being overloaded, I checked the volts all my lamps get about 35 volts, the lamps that came with my machine while they "look" like these new ones the 4 from the matrix that work are 1/2 as intense as the new ones, the new ones also get way too hot too. ( overdriven ) but look at my pictures the lamps that came with it are doing fine.

The lamps across the top of my machine also get at 35 volts,

So is something wrong with my lamp output voltage?, I would have to second guess that because the lamps there work right, not too bright, goldilocks just right, if they were only 28 volts then they too would be too bright from being overdriven.
Please someone with a Jan-ball let me know your volts to your matrix.

The thought crossed my mind to use LED's, the drawback is each LED would needs it's own resistor, running one resistor on the negative really wouldn't work well as you have a varying amount of LED's on at a given time. ( the resistor for one LED is different than 16 LED's )
So to add a resistor to each LED then get it into that little socket, tricky, ...hum...anyone else done matrix lamp mods?
Or know of 35-40 volt lamps.