Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help locating a Daiichi Hi-deluxe Pachinko Machine in Michigan. New member

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help locating a Daiichi Hi-deluxe Pachinko Machine in Michigan. (New member)

These are the above images, had trouble pulling them up with my iPad:

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help locating a Daiichi Hi-deluxe Pachinko Machine in Michigan. (New member)

Hi guys,

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted but I ended up buying the one pictured above and having it shipped to me.

I do have a few questions. (Please bear with me as I have never used one these before) All the pictures I am referring to below will be from Card Shark's re post of the pictures.

#1 Is there a key to open the front door? The seller didn't include one and with a quick google search I didn't find anything.
    #2 Where can I buy a replacement ball holder for the machine. Notice in the last picture the orange ball holder has a crack in it (seller had glued it). When I received it, the crack was much larger and cannot be repaired.
    #3 In the second to last picture there is a green wire. The seller never shows the full back picture but that green wire is disconnected. Where should it be connected?
    #4 In the first picture where the ball initially goes in, you can see there is something cracked and in interferes with the ball going up and around. Can I buy a replacement one of these? This is the reason I asked about the key. I'd like to replace or remove this.
    #5 In the second picture you see the "tulips/flowers" are open. How do they close? Should they remain closed and only open when a ball hits them?
    #6 Is there a way to hook up an AC adapter or 9V battery to make the lights operate?

Thanks for the help in advance, I am really excited to get this up and running for my wife. Any repair manuals or help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Vintage 1970's Vanguard Daiichi Pachinko Machine Like Pinball | eBay

Another Hi-Deluxe New Vanguard from eBay... currently $25 with $40 shipping... bit less than 2 days left. Pic of front is obscured by flash, but the back looks nice and clean... nice wood.

As far as risk... pay with Paypal - Always has been safe, but new buyer guarantee program is even more thorough.
    Woof!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MI_Pachi View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted but I ended up buying the one pictured above and having it shipped to me.

I do have a few questions. (Please bear with me as I have never used one these before) All the pictures I am referring to below will be from Card Shark's re post of the pictures.

#1 Is there a key to open the front door? The seller didn't include one and with a quick google search I didn't find anything.
    #2 Where can I buy a replacement ball holder for the machine. Notice in the last picture the orange ball holder has a crack in it (seller had glued it). When I received it, the crack was much larger and cannot be repaired.
    #3 In the second to last picture there is a green wire. The seller never shows the full back picture but that green wire is disconnected. Where should it be connected?
    #4 In the first picture where the ball initially goes in, you can see there is something cracked and in interferes with the ball going up and around. Can I buy a replacement one of these? This is the reason I asked about the key. I'd like to replace or remove this.
    #5 In the second picture you see the "tulips/flowers" are open. How do they close? Should they remain closed and only open when a ball hits them?
    #6 Is there a way to hook up an AC adapter or 9V battery to make the lights operate?

Thanks for the help in advance, I am really excited to get this up and running for my wife. Any repair manuals or help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    1 the key is not really needed.. 99% of us dont ahve a key for vintage machines... but if ya have to have one a lock smith should be able to cut a key for ya

2 there are member hear that sell parts... to be honest i would get yourself some 5 min epoxy and repair yours... unless its totaly broken...

3 without seeing the whole back its hard to say where the green wire goes... my guess is its to the low ball light...

4 can you post a better pic... all i can see is the low ball flag...

5 tulips open and close as a ball enters them... they will stay open untill a ball lands in there.. then saty closed untill another enters...

6 yes a wall wart will allow you to plug your machine in

aaa wall wart.jpg
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok I got the front door open and super glued the portion that was hanging low.

How do I hook up an AC adapter or 9V battery? What terminals do I hook into? Also what voltage and amperage on the AC adapter?

what is the upper ball holder called? It is definitely cracked beyond repair. I did a quick search on eBay. I didn't see anything. Where can I find one? Any specific members?

lastly, I have a question about the ball ejector handle. When you hit it the ball doesn't go all the way up and into the playing field. It mainly goes 1/4 way up and then goes to the return ball area. Is there something that needs to be replaced like a spring or something?

I may post a new topic if I don't get many responses here since the title is a bit misleading as i now need tech help.

TIA

Thanks
    Thanks Received

in the picture above you are going to apply power to the red and green studs.. the blue stud is for parlor use and 99% of us dont use that one for home use..

the wall wart should be 10 volts on the output... but i usualy run 12 volts ones.. makes the bulbs a bit brighter.. or you can use a 9 volt wall wart.. the bulbs wont be verry bright but they will last a long time.. it does not really matter what size wall wart you get... you can always replace the bulbs with a bigger one to handel the output of your wall wart...

with all this being said your going to have to figure out where that green wire is suposed to go... ( or cut all the wires and just rewire the machine from scratch..)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    as for parts

member Rival has this site

Pachinko Planet, Antique and Vintage Pachinko Machines

member cardwwi has this site

Pachinko Restorations

and there is billy at vintage pachinko.. im sure ya can find his site if ya have to...
    ---------------------------------------------
    for the shooter spring

look at the back bottom of your machine the shooter spring streached from the shooter at the left side to a nail on the right... its located un the plastic so your going to have to look up the back a bit.. once ya know its there its easy to see... there adjustable.. so move it a few notches or holes and try shooting.. allot of people make it shoot really hard.. keep in mind that ball is going to beat the hell out of the rubber bumper and break it if you have it to hard...

also if its shooting hard you will only pull the lever a little bit to make a short shot.. by moving the lever only a little bit the machine may not load the next ball to the shooter and your going to have to double pump ever shot so it loads on one cycle and shoot on the second.. what a pain...

rember less is more and dont force anything.. with pachinko if your having to force something your doing it wrong
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any instructions on how to hook up an AC adapter to the Daiichi machines? I'd like to get that working. I've got everything else up and running for the most part with help from you guys.

Haven't came across any sellers that have the top ball holders. I am going to try to fix it with epoxy but not sure how well it will hold.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

finally 002.jpgI absolutely love this stuff! I have had nothing but good results with it. I get it at Autozone for about $6.00. I have repaired ball trays on the front.007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg I used 12ga copper wire as a reinforcement...but was probably unnecessary. I have also used it to replace plastic that was completely gone.finally 004.jpg I once drastically changed a Nishijin Model B tray to work on a Maruhon machine.cannibal 001.jpgcannibal 003.jpgcannibal 013.jpg And have drastically changed a "ball dump cover" to fit an earlier machine.new cover 002.jpg Ran out of space...continued below>

Thanks
    Thanks Received

new cover 001.jpgnew cover 003.jpgnew cover again 003.jpg It is called "plastic welder" and is a 2 part epoxy. It seems stronger than the plastic that is being fixed. This is evident by it is harder to sand and shape than the plastic around it. When using it in an area that will be visable, can be sanded with progressively finer grits and polished with plastic polish, with great results! I absolutely LOVE this stuff! Post some pics of your tray. I'll bet it can be fixed! Even if parts are missing, either back the hole with tape and fill with epoxy,then remove tape and sand to shape for small holes. For larger repairs, Plexiglass, or other plastic can be cut and shaped to fill the void, and epoxied in place. Cracks can be reinforced with plastic plate(s) epoxied to the side that balls don't roll on (to not interfere with ball movement). If you post pics of the damaged tray, we can see if it can be fixed. If necessary, you could send it to me, and I could probably fix it for you.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are a few pictures of the upper ball tray.
    UReW2QB.jpg
    qnnsVRQ.jpg
    S3WKKiq.jpg

I can't seem to find any replacement ones online.

Do you think I will be able to fix it with the plastic welder?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MI_Pachi View Post
    Here are a few pictures of the upper ball tray.

I can't seem to find any replacement ones online.

Do you think I will be able to fix it with the plastic welder?
    I'm not sure if that is repairable. I mean you can glue it back together but it won't be able to hold much weight.

I will have to check, but I do make reproduction ball trays specifically designed for Daiichi machines. I'll see if I have one laying around, otherwise I can cast one up in a week or so. Send me a PM if interested.

100 machines and counting...

15. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm pretty confident that it can be fixed. The plastic welder is pretty strong...but I would use Plexiglass or some other plastic to reinforce it. A new tray cast from an original would absolutely be prettier, but a repair would likely be cheaper. Since it is on the back, it is more of a personal preference. If the new tray is not an option for whatever reason, and you want it repaired, and are not confident about doing it yourself...let me know.

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2