Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help locating a Daiichi Hi-deluxe Pachinko Machine in Michigan. New member

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help locating a Daiichi Hi-deluxe Pachinko Machine in Michigan. (New member)

Hi guys,

Just joined the site and have already been overwhelmed with info. I am in the Detroit area in Michigan and am looking for a specific machine to buy (see attached pic). It's a Daiichi Hi-Deluxe Tulip machine. Not sure of the year. I've never owned a Pachinko machine before.

I have read about the problems of buying one on eBay or having one shipped. I'd really like to find one local that I can play first to make sure it works.

Also, are there some items that I should make sure to check when purchasing a machine? Water damage? etc

Let me know how I should start my search.

Thanks guys!

front.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MI_Pachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help locating a Daiichi Hi-deluxe Pachinko Machine in Michigan. (New member)

Welcome to PachiTalk!

That is a nice looking machine. Finding a specific machine can be difficult. I would suggest eBay and Craigslist. Odds are it will be pricier on eBay and shipping can run anywhere from $50 to $150. You will also need to make sure it is well packed to protect it from damage during shipping.

As far as what to look for. I would make sure it is not missing any parts. Just ask for a picture of the front and back of the machine and post here. We can help you with that. Overall condition is certainly a factor, waterstains in particular, although there are several members who can help with how to replace the cel. The last things I can think of off of the top of my head are whether or not the machine is working and does it come with balls.

A lot of times Craigslist sellers will not know if the machine is working or how to fix a simple problem on the machine. This actually can play into your favor on pricing. If all the parts are there, I would not be too worried about a non-working machine as you have found the greatest group of people on the web and there are plenty of very knowledgeable people here who will be able to help you get the machine up and running.

Good luck with your search.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help locating a Daiichi Hi-deluxe Pachinko Machine in Michigan. (New member)

I doubt you want to drop this kind of cash, but it is a premium restoration with a remarkable custom cabinet, ready for display.

1975 Daiichi New Vanguard Derby [REST-001] - $1,450.00 : Pachinko Planet, Antique and Vintage Pachinko Machines

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I may ask, why are you looking for that particular one?

Here's the one I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jodini; 02-11-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to Pachitalk

Do you want that specific build year of 76? Or would you accept a Daiichi from another build year? Here are all the build years. Daiichi : Pachinko Planet, Antique and Vintage Pachinko Machines

Shipping a machine isn't too bad as long as the seller knows how to package it right; and most people on ebay don't. But many members here are knowledgeable about how to do it properly. With it all done properly it usually runs about $50 to ship a machine.

If you have questions about a machine post some pictures here and we will tell you what is missing, needs to be fixed, and if it is worth the price. Usually with a Daiichi you on't have to worry about water staining because the backgrounds are made of formica.

I know I have a Daiichi from a 76 build year but the upper front tray is busted and I don't have the piece to fix it.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like ya got most of your questions answered..

of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses. I appreciate all the help so far, you guys are great.

The reason I am looking for a model like this is because my FIL had this type many years ago and I wanted to see if I could find one similar for nostalgic purposes. I am not against putting in some work myself to the machine but if I can find a fully functioning one for a decent price that would be great too.

@Card Shark, thanks for the tips on locating a machine, I'll make sure to post some pictures if I find a similar model and have any questions.
    @jodini, that is a sweet looking machine, but you were correct. I am not looking to spend that much
    @mxfaiman, it doesn't have to be that specific year, just similar looking to that machine. Thanks for the excellent link with the different years.

Last question for you guys. Are these machines normally hung on a wall or how are they mounted?

Thanks in advance

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MI_Pachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Either on the wall or on a table works well. I prefer mine in cabinets.

Game Room1.jpg

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    Either on the wall or on a table works well. I prefer mine in cabinets.

Game Room1.jpg
    Very nice setup

15. The following user says "Thanks" to MI_Pachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Found one for sale local to me.

FOR SALE - Collectible Japanese pinball machine (Pachinko)

"FOR SALE: Daiichi New Vanguard Hi-Deluxe Pachinko machine. Has all of its original parts; clean and well taken care of. May need minor restoration. $150 or best. Contact Mike for more info."

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help if you are interested.

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Card Shark. Waiting on a few other sellers to get back to me but it is very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is one that just recently was listed on eBay:

Early 70`s Daiichi Pachinko Machine | eBay

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

But budget an extra $50 for balls
    Ian #UKPachinko

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Take a gander at the the center feature... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 surrounding "Derby"... wonder if mister horse drops open like a derby gate or somethin'...

Screen shot 2013-02-13 at 3.58.24 PM.jpg
    Woof!

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi guys, well I found one sort of local to me and I received some pictures from the seller. How does this one look to you guys? Any items that need to be addressed other than the ball tray being cracked in the rear?

http://i.imgur.com/8HnwCrO.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/rA9sEMa.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/vgqKcFl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/2QoWgrp.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/CbgquCg.jpg

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MI_Pachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

not the best pictures... thats for sure.. when i see pics like that i wonder whats hiding???

based on what i see looks to be an ok machine.. to bad the trays in broken but at least its one the back...

whey dont people just take a straight forward pic of the front and one of the back.. weird angles??? i dont understand
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd ask for a picture of the whole front and the whole back.

They tray might be a problem. Though I might be able to make one for you. (Note it won't be terribly cheap to make)

Right now I don't see any other problems but like mopar said they might be hiding something ask for more pictues.

Also just curious what is their asking price, is it in the $0-20 ; $20-40; $40-60; $60-80; $80-100; $100 + price range? From what I see so far I would say it should be between the $40-60 price range. But you won't know real value till you can see the whole front and back.

30. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Add in about 5c/ball for as many balls as you get with it. Considering the upper hopper is hosed, I would be more like Max the pachi shopper and go $30-40+ and balls you might get with it, so it could get to $50, but that would be my limit.

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    I'd ask for a picture of the whole front and the whole back.

They tray might be a problem. Though I might be able to make one for you. (Note it won't be terribly cheap to make)

Right now I don't see any other problems but like mopar said they might be hiding something ask for more pictues.

Also just curious what is their asking price, is it in the $0-20 ; $20-40; $40-60; $60-80; $80-100; $100 + price range? From what I see so far I would say it should be between the $40-60 price range. But you won't know real value till you can see the whole front and back.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

32. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by naha13 View Post
    Add in about 5c/ball for as many balls as you get with it.
    I never consider balls in the price as usually around here they are rusty and are test balls. If they are clean, shiny, and smooth; then they are worth considering.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks all. I am awaiting pictures of the front/back of the unit full shot. I'll update you guys soon. He is asking $90 for this machine, plus shipping which should be around $50-60.

If you guys see any others that look like this one, let me know.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast