Thread: brought home a relic today...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool brought home a relic today...

... a Ginza single shot.

ginzafront1.jpgginzacenter.jpgginzaback1.jpg

A ball in the top pocket or trapdoor spins the spoked part of the center feature. Fancy stuff!

The top tray needs a few seams soldered back together and it needs a good cleaning - seems to work otherwise.

The balls that came with are in the tumbler - see progress already!

More pix later...
    "Knowledge is good." - Emil Faber

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to ballsofsteel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: brought home a relic today...

Love those '50s single shots! Been looking at the back and can see no "elevator" linkage. I suspect there is no button below the ball insert hole. You have 2 "windows" in an area of many questions. My 2 Ginza's also have them.066.jpg I LOVE your cell! Mine are plain.321.jpg After stripping that ugly black paint! This one has a little more flair!Ginza 001.jpg I was beginning to think it was a plain era...even Comicgo has no excitement!Comicgo 004.jpg Your cell POPS RIGHT OUT AT YOU!
    But this "window" thing... yours are arranged differently. What happens when the seesaw is in the down position, and a jackpot is hit? On my 1st Ginza the ball rolled across the top of the seesaw, fell into a cup, rolled around the seesaw, then was returned to the front tray. Ebay Auction: Single Shot on ebay There are pics of it in post #14. I can't remember what the 2nd Ginza does, I left it unrestored, and uncleaned. Just someone wants one "as found". Comicgo, on the other hand...the ball, if jackpot ball "hits" the seesaw in the down poisition...goes into the window seen from the front. I call this a "jackpot reserve chamber". It will hold up to 5 balls. Just like in an old car...if you keep putting fuses in it and they blow right away, STOP putting fuses in! If you hit a jackpot (in a parlor), and no balls fall out...STOP and call an attendant! Once he resets the seesaw, he then presses this lever.Comicgo 010.jpg Which takes a ball from the "jackpot reserve chamber" and lifts it up to fall down the path that a seesaw ball goes, Comicgo 011.jpg in order to payout the jackpots that were won while the seesaw was down. Both Ginza machines "jackpot reserve chambers" are apparently for "amusement only", as there is no way in or out. i am curious as to how yours works...everything else looks similar.001.jpg OOPS! That one is Comicgo...002.jpg THIS one is Ginza! The center wheel spins on all 3 here also!Comicgo 015.jpg
    Last edited by pachiwall; 02-11-2013 at 03:42 AM.

4. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those are cool guys! Love the single shots!
    Joe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very cool machines. I am really getting the itch to add a single shot to my collection.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    ... Been looking at the back and can see no "elevator" linkage. I suspect there is no button below the ball insert hole.

You have 2 "windows" in an area of many questions...
    But this "window" thing... yours are arranged differently. What happens when the seesaw is in the down position, and a jackpot is hit?
    No elevator. No button.

As for those windows... Looking through the top window, one may view the top of the seesaw in its 'ready' position.
    ginzawindows.jpg

If a pocket is hit while the seesaw is down, the ball rolls over the seesaw and is lost. One may catch a glimpse of the offending ball through the lower window - on its way 'down the drain'.
    ginzadrain.jpg

A couple more pix...
    ginzafront3.jpgginzafront2.jpg
    "Knowledge is good." - Emil Faber

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah...the "jackpot reserve chamber" seems to be "for show" on the Ginza models. This seems to be a "grey" area...as it seems so clear as to why it was used, but when displayed...not always used.
    As far as your machine is concerned, it has so many little details that make it stand out! As mentioned earlier, the signature ball tray, the ball plate where balls are inserted has nice engraving, even the "Ginza Co LTD" sticker is COOL! More pics of the back would be AWESOME!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very unusual seesaw arrangement. My Ginza has a cup that the ball rolls around the seesaw, and falls back to the front tray.Ginza 012.jpg Yours looks more like my Comicgo.JP overflow ball jam 001.jpg Except Comicgo stores wins in a "reserve chamber" to be reset by the parlor.Comicgo 011.jpg Usually there is a lever on the front, where the player can reload the winning balls...after the seesaw was reset. I have one machine that is nearly junksingle ball spiderman 002.jpg that resets the seesaw and reloads the winning ball with the same button.single ball spiderman 037.jpg Can't tell from the pics...but they all seem different. Some seem to have a purpose, some do nothing...but look like they have a purpose. Plus the reset wire for your seesaw is farther to the left than I have ever seen it!
    Last edited by pachiwall; 02-13-2013 at 06:16 AM.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall