Thread: Cyclic, Semi Cyclic, coin opp and arepachi clue me in...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Cyclic, Semi Cyclic, coin opp and arepachi clue me in...

You would think with all my machines I would know the terminology but I want to be sure I get it,
    So lets see how on or off I am.

Cyclic, I understand recycles all balls, pays no jackpot in balls and must keep score on some computer type affair so these would mostly be modern machines or vintage machines with some sort of counter added like on my coin opp.
    While they will not run out of balls can you actually run out of shots?

Semi Cyclic would that me my vintage machines that gutter balls etc go back into the lower jackpot hopper,
    But you can still run out of jackpot balls if lucky enough.

My coin opp is based on a modded vintage machine, the workings on this machine are highly modded, it ( if working right ) would have given a player some balls for a coin, ( you can control that amount ) but from the look of it, it kept score of jackpots AND paid balls for a jackpot the problem I see with my thinking it would pay balls for a jackpot is that you could run out of jackpot balls so I must be wrong on that one.
    If it pays no balls then like cyclic it would only need a certain amount of balls.

Then arepachi, they are all paid with a given number of balls and you never win balls, I have seen the vintage ones and a few new ones but do not understand the new ones.

On vintage machine can any or all be made cyclic?

I have interest in machines two people can compete on...
    Many thanks!
    Cheers,
    P.
    "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cyclic, Semi Cyclic, coin opp and arepachi clue me in...

I am sure someone will be along who can help better with your questions. I personally use the Computer Pachinko for competition but each player has to complete their game before the other starts.

Same goes for my Arrangeball. Players take turns to see who can win the most in a turn.

That is one of the things I like most about the Arrangeballs and Computer Pachinko, short games and a score or payout.

There is a "Secret" project that another member and I are working on (the other member is definitely the brains of the operation) that I think you would find interesting but cannot divulge anything right now. Stay tuned in about a month, we should have some exciting details.

On a side note, I believe there is a difference in what is labelled an "Arrangeball" and an "Arepachi". There are much more knowledgeable members on the subject who I am sure can clarify that better.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Take a look at me...lol, I'm always up to some secret project...I said "Arepachi" as a blanket term as I read somewhere it means arrange ball in Japanese...
    "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

arepachi and areange ball are confusing.. Im not the best to explain it but i think of it like this..

arrange ball machines use a toke to start the game and if balls are put into the correct combination of pockets the a token is paid out.. or two tokens or what ever.. arrange ball machines are suposed to have only 16 balls and the play does not have access to the balls.. ever

arepachi are games that have 16pockes on the bottom and at first look like an arrange ball machine but the balls are played one won like any other vintage machine

arrange ball

Taiyo Electron Challenge ball.MP4 - YouTube

Satomi Arrange Ball - YouTube

this is an arepachi style

Apollo 1 Pachinko - YouTube

i cant seem to locate another of the apollo machine??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Cyclic, Semi Cyclic, coin opp and arepachi clue me in...

When people talk about cyclic here they are usually talking about moderns, although any pachi could be made cyclic, but without adding some sort of ball counter I'm not sure there would be much point to converting a vintage to cyclic?? Some people have added the Gaku counter to vintages and made them cyclic.. When making a machine cyclic you modify the machine so all shot balls come right back to the shooter try so only a few balls are needed to play.. This seems more popular in Japan where they also sometimes get rid of the balls all together and add buttons to activate the screen.. With a full cyclic machine there are no payouts which some people like so they don't have to worry about refilling hoppers or anything.. But most people (like me ) like the thrill of big payouts so would never consider cyclic!!

Semi Cyclic refers to machines that have been modified to return the shot balls to the shooter tray while keeping the payout system working.. This can let someone play without worrying about running out of balls to shoot while still having the excitement of getting payouts.. You will of course still need to reload the payout tray like an unmodified machine.. This is pretty much like having a credit add on a pachislo.. Where you don't have to add tokens to play but you still get payouts..

Computer Pachinkos or coin op pachis both vintage or modern (or even pachislos) are standard pachis that have been converted to cyclic and added to cabinets with other modifications for things like keeping score and dispensing prizes..

Arrange balls take tokens to play and pay out in tokens.. The 16 balls are contained like coin op pachis..

Arepachis, especially the early ones, can look and play like arrange balls, but the balls are not contained.. They have balls and payout trays like regular modern pachis but like arrange balls you can only shoot 16 balls at a time, then you get your payout (in balls) depending on what you scored then you shoot 16 more..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    but like arrange balls you can only shoot 16 balls at a time, then you get your payout (in balls) depending on what you scored then you shoot 16 more..
    interesting... I did not know this
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    There is a "Secret" project that another member and I are working on (the other member is definitely the brains of the operation) that I think you would find interesting but cannot divulge anything right now. Stay tuned in about a month, we should have some exciting details.
    I wonder if your secret project is the same as my secret project. I just have to get some of these other not-so-secret projects out of the way before I start another.

Man, I could get a lot done if it wasn't for this stinkin' day job!