Thread: So tell me about these arepachi...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default So tell me about these arepachi...

They do not look that much like the vintage ones,
    Any one own one? what can you tell me about them?

pachimono pachinko galleries - arepachi
    "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: So tell me about these arepachi...

I do not personally own one but have considered a Vicky Chance a couple of times. As near as I can tell they have the row of pockets on the bottom but do not really use them much for the game play.

Here is a video of a Vicky Chance:

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The following two videos were made by one of our members on his Vicky Chance...

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

2nd video...

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

While Vicky Chance is made to look like an Arepachi (I think an older Vicky) I don't believe it really is.. I don't think its limited to 16 shots at a time and I don't think you can line up balls in the pockets to score, but I've never played one.. There are many moderns that have pockets on the bottom, but I think its more just to give them a retro look.. and not made to score like an arepachi..

I think the vintage ones you have seen are actually Arrange Balls..Insert a token to play, get 16 balls, then get a payout in tokens..

Arepachis are modern pachinkos, they have the numbered pockets at the bottom and you only shoot 16 balls at a time, but they have ball trays and payout in balls just like every other modern..

I've seen older ones that look like arrange balls with the number matrix where you try to light up say 4 numbers in a row to get payouts, but most of the ones I've seen have the numbers at the bottom that you can still try to get balls in in a row to score points but they also seem to incorporate things from kenrimonos, hanemones and degipachis..

I mean the one I have (Apollo 1 from 2004) has a start pocket to spin numbers like a degi, wings and a V hole like a hane and then pockets you need to get balls in like a kenri..

They are just crazy and fun moderns..

Last edited by MrGneiss; 02-05-2013 at 07:25 AM.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: So tell me about these arepachi...

Here's a good video to show you what I mean.. This one's from '92 I think.. In the first 40 or so seconds you can see and hear that only 16 balls can be shot at a time, then there is a pause..This is where any payouts would happen if you lit up enough pockets in a row (I'm not sure the one in the vid is paying out as it should)..Like say maybe you'd have to get 4 in a row minimum to score and say that payed out 4 or something. or you could get 2 sets of 4 that would pay out something or 5,6,7...16 in a row could have different payouts (there may also be pockets on the playfield that may light up say pocket 3,5 and 9..I think arrange balls can have pockets like that too) ..Anyway In the first half you can also see that balls going through the go pockets making the numbers spin like on a deji or a kenri..

Now when the numbers match its like a kenrimono..bonus door opens..then it looks like you need to get a ball in the open pass through to open the other door etc..

At this time the camera moves back and you can see the numbers at the bottom..and if you look close on the bottom right you can see when a ball goes through a bottom pocket that a light under it lights up.. and after 16 balls are shot they go out.. and even though its in a bonus, the bottom is still active..

アレンジマン - YouTube

I hope some of my posts today have made some sense!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    While Vicky Chance is made to look like an Arepachi (I think an older Vicky) I don't believe it really is.. I don't think its limited to 16 shots at a time and I don't think you can line up balls in the pockets to score, but I've never played one.. There are many moderns that have pockets on the bottom, but I think its more just to give them a retro look.. and not made to score like an arepachi..

I think the vintage ones you have seen are actually Arrange Balls..Insert a token to play, get 16 balls, then get a payout in tokens..

Arepachis are modern pachinkos, they have the numbered pockets at the bottom and you only shoot 16 balls at a time, but they have ball trays and payout in balls just like every other modern..

I've seen older ones that look like arrange balls with the number matrix where you try to light up say 4 numbers in a row to get payouts, but most of the ones I've seen have the numbers at the bottom that you can still try to get balls in in a row to score points but they also seem to incorporate things from kenrimonos, hanemones and degipachis..

I mean the one I have (Apollo 1 from 2004) has a start pocket to spin numbers like a degi, wings and a V hole like a hane and then pockets you need to get balls in like a kenri..

They are just crazy and fun moderns..

I figured I would resurrect this thread from the dead since I installed my Vicky Chance cell and have played it a bit (not long, 30 mins). So far, playing the Vicky Chance is not arepachi like as mentioned; there's no 16 ball limit before a pause in shooting like the Penguin I have....It's some sort of hybrid pachinko, part hanemono/digipachi/arepachi. It's different than both a regular digipachi or a arepachi, you have to activate an "open" switch/portal to get the tulip to open up giving a brief couple seconds to get balls in to spin the "reels" to get what a "777" or "333" (I believe) is needed before the tank that shoots pachinko balls is activated. I still can't figure out what the numbers at the bottom mean and when/if they are used in gameplay, I need to keep playing some more till I hit "777 or 333" and see what happens and what the "mission" indicator means The Penguin arepachi I have does utilize the bottom of the play field to "arrange balls" in rows of 4-5 balls in a row for a payout. Arepachi or not, this is still a fun and interesting game, I look forward to figuring out how the fever round works on this one! I'll post a review/gameplay guide once I figure out myself what I'm supposed to be doing! If anyone knows the "rules" of the game once a 777 or 333 is hit, let me know please! I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough.

photo[1].jpg

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I figured I would update this thread since I finally was able to hit a fever on Vicky Chance and can describe the gameplay. First of all, this has got to be the tightest most hard to win pachinko ever It took 3-4 hours of off and on playing to hit a triple "FFF" and get a fever; it turns out this isn't an arepachi at all, it's really just a digipachi that differs mainly in the way you score a spin, you have to activate the pocket to open by getting balls through the "open" switch to open the tulip. There's also "missions" or bonus modes with crazy sounding military like music, but the payouts are small; I was constantly hitting the ball loan button to give me more "free" balls to play due to lack of winnings. Once you get a fever by getting 3 in a row, there's more strange music and a standard win pocket that pops out just like any other digipachi; the payoff was very generous though once a fever was finally hit; it quickly emptied the 3000 balls in my cabinet. The numbers at the bottom to look like an arrange ball machine are just for looks and have no impact on gameplay though as far as I can tell. To summarize, I would rate it a 6 on a scale from 1-10, 10 being best pachinko ever; it does take more skill than a "regular" digipachi due to the way you score spins which I like, the little tank that shoots pachinko balls is very cool, but it's also harder to win on, it's a unique cell and fun to play; but it's no Penguin arepachi!

15. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs