Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jan Ball Arrange Ball

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I asked the seller to trip the coin insert switch to start a game and see what happens. He did this and nothing happened BUT his pics show the upper right light on which is the low token light. This may have stopped the machine from starting a game. On some arrangeballs this is the case from a logic standpoint and on some a lever moves to physically block a coin from entering and out the coin return it goes. I replied and asked him to secure the low token switch and try again. We'll see what he says next.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Jan Ball Arrange Ball

I was considering being a player on this one because I have never gotten my hands on an arrangeball to mess with. But with this much interest from regulars I think I will gracefully bow out. You can bid safely without the big bully coming in...LOL!

I'm sure mine will present itself eventually.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No reply to my second query to the seller. Forgot to mention when I posted the eBay link that I'm not bidding.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for trying. Still deciding if I will take a swing at it or not. I really like the machine but it looks to be a potentially expensive project that I do not need right now.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    Thank you for trying. Still deciding if I will take a swing at it or not. I really like the machine but it looks to be a potentially expensive project that I do not need right now.
    No worries. I'm inclined to think that the machine is basically ok, it just needs someone who knows what's up to go through it. I prefer this cel to the dragon version as the theme and colors look more retro. It also has the frequently missing number pocket cover.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I honestly prefer the Dragon cel but am still very interested in this one.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Rival View Post
    I was considering being a player on this one because I have never gotten my hands on an arrangeball to mess with. But with this much interest from regulars I think I will gracefully bow out. You can bid safely without the big bully coming in...LOL!

I'm sure mine will present itself eventually.

Not to come off snide but depressing to me sounds like to me some of us will never get to own even one because some people feel they need a room full.
    "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They do pop up on occassion. I currently have one and they are very fun machines. When these pop up, they almost always show up here as well. I understand the frustration of finding one. I didn't think I would ever get one and then lucked into a Craigslist ad and jumped immediately on it. A 8 hour round trip and it was mine.

When they come up at auction it just comes down to who wants it the most and is willing to pay for it. Not great for the buyers but does work well for the seller.

Good Luck with the auction. I still have not decided if I will make a play for it or not.

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by The13bats View Post
    Not to come off snide but depressing to me sounds like to me some of us will never get to own even one because some people feel they need a room full.
    kno
    Some of us have been collecting arrangeballs long before their was any interest in them. One has got alot of his by shipping them in from Japan and I have gotton some on ebay for not alot, considering their rarity.

I think the first ones were bought in 2009 and the interest was only for the powerflash back then. And if something came up that I did not have and liked I would again be a bidder. Parts are even hard to come by.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They do pop up on occassion. I currently have one and they are very fun machines. When these pop up, they almost always show up here as well. I understand the frustration of finding one. I didn't think I would ever get one and then lucked into a Craigslist ad and jumped immediately on it. A 8 hour round trip and it was mine.

When they come up at auction it just comes down to who wants it the most and is willing to pay for it. Not great for the buyers but does work well for the seller.

Good Luck with the auction. I still have not decided if I will make a play for it or not.
    Im not much of a bidder type person. Don't get me wrong if its what I want I will buy it. In this case I have to be realistic this unit very well might not work so why buy it or in this case overpay when I could at some point pay the going rate for a working unit. From what it looks like on here some people are willing to way overpay for nothing more than bragging rights. That doesn't impress me scoring one of cl for a good price that impresses me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You will find one. Don't get discouraged. CL is definitely the best bet for a good deal. Got mine for $40 that way.

This one definitely looks like a potentially expensive project. I will certainly watch it and make my decision at the end. As much as I do like the arrangeballs, it is not a must have. I also do not like the idea of it being shipped unless it is done by a member who will take the time to pack it right.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    kno
    Some of us have been collecting arrangeballs long before their was any interest in them. One has got alot of his by shipping them in from Japan and I have gotton some on ebay for not alot, considering their rarity.

I think the first ones were bought in 2009 and the interest was only for the powerflash back then. And if something came up that I did not have and liked I would again be a bidder. Parts are even hard to come by.
    Dont get me wrong I'm not really damning collectors. I have a room full of regular ones and pachilso I am just seeing a small group here a cult following yet a couple people have the big collections. I wish i could see in the spirit of kinship and camaraderie the lower rungs like myself given a chance At even one machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I felt the same way when I was looking for my first. Honestly though, the members with the large collections of them have worked very hard and spent a lot of time tracking these down. In some cases I am sure they have paid premiums for the machines as well. Then factor in all the work they have done on the machines after purchase. Buying one of these is a risk as parts are extremely hard to find and they are not the easiest to keep running. I would never begrudge anyone who has put time, effort and money into something they are passionate about.

Rest assured one will come your way. It might be this one.

Just like anything else, it all comes down to how bad you want it and what it is worth to you.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by The13bats View Post
    Dont get me wrong I'm not really damning collectors. I have a room full of regular ones and pachilso I am just seeing a small group here a cult following yet a couple people have the big collections. I wish i could see in the spirit of kinship and camaraderie the lower rungs like myself given a chance At even one machine.
    I'm obviously one of the big collectors mentioned. Probably the biggest. If there's a machine I really, really want then I'm going to do my best to get it. That's just business and these machines do get pricey and its unrealistic to think people will hold back for a much wanted item.
    Having said that, I've given away two arrangeballs, one on here along with another just as rare power roulette on a pachitalk lottery. I've sold 3 and have posted many on here from CL and YJA which many people do not scan normally and likely would not have seen them.
    Last edited by emmadog; 02-02-2013 at 07:04 PM.

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Emmadog's collection is amazing!!! Not to mention the attention to detail he puts into refurbishing his machines.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I felt the same way when I was looking for my first. Honestly though, the members with the large collections of them have worked very hard and spent a lot of time tracking these down. In some cases I am sure they have paid premiums for the machines as well. Then factor in all the work they have done on the machines after purchase. Buying one of these is a risk as parts are extremely hard to find and they are not the easiest to keep running. I would never begrudge anyone who has put time, effort and money into something they are passionate about.

Rest assured one will come your way. It might be this one.

Just like anything else, it all comes down to how bad you want it and what it is worth to you.
    very well said Card Shark. In addition to my "contributions" stated above I spent a thousand bucks on a schematic for ONE arrangeball and gave copies of it to half a dozen members free of charge. Not bragging at all nor do I collect arrangeballs for bragging rights or some such. Only reason I'm stating all this is to respond to the13 bats insuations now that this is about the 3rd time it's been brought up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am sure it is just the frustration of trying to find an arrangeball. I honestly didn't think I would ever come across one. However with some effort and patience I was blessed with a great deal on one.

When I spotted this one on eBay. I kept telling myself, maybe nobody will notice it Not much chance at that. The more I look at it, I am really not sure I will go after this one or not.

I do still kick myself for not going after that one you sold. That was a really nice machine and I know it came from someone who was meticulous with it's condition and packing and shipping it properly.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No, there's not much chance of one going unnoticed on eBay. It's just too easy to search and set up alarms and what not.
    Sorry you didn't get the one I sold but I didn't think anyone would outbid the winner. He asked me about it many months before I put it on eBay.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately, it was a matter of timing and finances for me. I would have certainly gone higher but it was holiday time and family came first.

The buyer got a great machine at what I think was a reasonable price considering condition.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately, it was a matter of timing and finances for me. I would have certainly gone higher but it was holiday time and family came first.

The buyer got a great machine at what I think was a reasonable price considering condition.
    I guess reasonable price is up to the buyer. It sold for 600 which is less than I paid for the machine (which was fairly cheap by YJA standards) and shipping. I then paid about 120 to have someone design a cel patterned on another Taiyo cel. It turned out really nice but wasn't quite close enough to the original I thought. Other costs were Mylar for the cel and the printing of the cel itself-about 50 bucks. Then another 100 or so for new playfield nails, assorted hardware, enamel and acrylic paint, decals, etc. Plus my time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast