Thread: Nishijin Rolling Stone Elevator

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin Rolling Stone Elevator

Hey all, I just acquired a Nishhijin Rolling Stone that is in nice condition. The only thing not working is the elevator. For some reason it does not retract after the ball is deposited into the hole at the bottom of the track. All the parts seem there, including the elevator string, however I’m not sure the counterweight is attached….I’m curious if the access point to fix this is on the rear of the machine or if I need to remove the plastic track on the front of the machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to thefly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Rolling Stone Elevator

Nice find! You can fix the counter weighted section fairly easily. I had one of these and replaced the original string with a single strand of a piece of embroidery floss. If the string is frayed at all, replace it - it will never retract well even with the counter weight in place. Also, the string can get bound up behind the top pulley and cause it to slow down as well. Takes a bit to remove that section and fix it, but totally worth it.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is easy to fix as long as you have the weight in the tube there. You have to pull the part off. (So grab a putty knife and some small prybars. It should only be about 4 nails to get it off.) Once you have it off you will see screws on the back for the yellow part. If you undo them carefully the yellow part will come off and you should be able to get the weight and reattach it to the string. (I would put a little white glue on the knot you make. Also make sure you have the string over the pulley at the top before you put the cover back on.) Below I have a pic of the part with the yellow piece off (along with the mouth). If you run into any problems let us know we will try to help you out.

Otherwise good luck. Also that is a nice looking machine you have and a fun one to play when you fix it.

pac-man parts 001.jpg

100 machines and counting...

6. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone for the quick replies...turns out the string had jumped off of the pulley. After taking everything apart, cleaning everything up, and aligning the sting correctly on the pulley, it's working like a champ!

Now, the next problem/question: are the balls supposed to jump out of the shooter so rapidly on the Rolling Stone style machines? It is next to impossible to finesse any shots onto the playing field without jamming the balls into the bumper on the top right corner. Maybe that is by design with the "pac man" feature, but man it is frustrating. One observation, the spring on the shooter does seem to stick out further than any of my other machines... see pics below, with and without a ball.

Shooter Spring w Ball.jpgShooter Spring.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm sure someone eles can provide a pic or link in another thread, but if you look at the rear of the machine, bottom right, tucked in under the raised cell panel wood is a link with a spring attached that is probably hooked to a nail. Just adjust the spring tension to suit how hard you want the hammer to strike the ball. Based on your description, you just need to loosen it up a bit.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DSCF3631.jpgDSCF3632.jpg

not the best but... this a spring removed to the machine compleatly..

the second pic you can see it hooked to the shooter and going behind the green plastic.. fallow your to the right and the adjuster is there.. just hook it to the nail at a softer point..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You guys are on top of it! I have never looked at that area of any my machines...it is kinda low and obscured by the hardware just above it. That is such a simple mechanism I'm almost embarrassed to have asked. By the way there is an old nail hole next to the existing nail so it looks like someone intentionally moved the nail to allow for even more tension! Anyway thanks for the info.

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to thefly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quick question. On my Nishijin Super DX Rolloing Stone,
    Theres a half ball with the number 3 on it to the right of
    the overflow tray. Curious what this signifies. Year made?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by kkl1961 View Post
    Quick question. On my Nishijin Super DX Rolloing Stone,
    Theres a half ball with the number 3 on it to the right of
    the overflow tray. Curious what this signifies. Year made?
    seems like there is an old post about there??? as i remember i was thought to be the number of the machine in a row?? ill see if i can find the post
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead