Thread: Las Vegas Pachislo not accepting tokens

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Las Vegas Pachislo not accepting tokens

My Las Vegas Pachislo machine is not accepting tokens. When I turn the power on the machine does not have an error code but the red lights are on the top front of the machine. When I open the door and watch the token fall it falls straight down into the tray and does not go to the hopper. The arm that would allow a token to continue to the hopper stays up. When I manually push the arm down the coin falls through and goes into the hopper. A light on the board on the inside of the door flashes when the coin goes through the mechanism to the hopper (but again I have to manually hold it down). Even when the coin goes through it does not register and I am not able to play. It seems the machine is stuck in game over mode. I tried turning the reset key to the left and right to power down. I don't see any error code, but I believe when the error code first popped up it said E1 (that was months ago and I am just now getting around to trying to fix it).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Do you need to see pictures? I would be most appreciative of any help anyone can offer. I am very new to these and just want to get it working again. Thank you so much for your time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Las Vegas Pachislo not accepting tokens

Sure sounds as if all your machine needs is to be reset. Doing a "Full Reset" of a machine MUST be done in the correct order or it WILL NOT reset.

1. With the machine power OFF, turn the reset key to the right.

2. Turn the power, to the machine, ON.

3. Set your odds. 1-6 (1=least payout) The odds are displayed in the credit window, on the front of the machine, and be changed by pushing the odds button, normally located on the inside of the door or power unit.

4. Hold down on the spin lever.

5. Turn the reset key to the left. (As you are turning the reset key to the left you should hear a "click sound" from the coin mechanism.)

What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tried the hard reset and it still doesn't seem to work. The only step I tried was the setting the odds step. When I click just below and to the left of the reset key there is a button with 6 lights below it that seem to be the odds setting. When I hit that button it seems to be stuck on #2 from the top and doesn't cycle through them (I think it used to but I don't remember). I followed the other steps as written with no luck. Does it matter where the key starts as it's neutral position? Thanks so much for your help. Let me know if I am doing anything wrong. I'll try it again before I give up for the day.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

try the reset again with the key in the other position.. of your not able to adjust the odds then your not geting the reset done right..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes I would persevere with the reset and make certain that you are following all steps carefully in the correct order, as it is easy to accidentally miss something and that could prevent the reset completing.

Just also wondering if you experienced this problem just after hitting a bonus round? If so then it could be that your machine has been set to require a reset after a bonus, this is only changed via 1 of 2 switches usually on the power supply.

Here is a link to a post with the reset procedure again, but towards the bottom of the post, it also includes info on the 2 switches, (just in case this is helpful to you)

reset,set odds procedure & 2 switches link

let us know how you get on and then members can assist with more trouble shooting advice for you

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

10. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post

Yes I would persevere with the reset and make certain that you are following all steps carefully in the correct order, as it is easy to accidentally miss something and that could prevent the reset completing.

Just also wondering if you experienced this problem just after hitting a bonus round? If so then it could be that your machine has been set to require a reset after a bonus, this is only changed via 1 of 2 switches usually on the power supply.

Here is a link to a post with the reset procedure again, but towards the bottom of the post, it also includes info on the 2 switches, (just in case this is helpful to you)

reset,set odds procedure & 2 switches link

let us know how you get on and then members can assist with more trouble shooting advice for you

It still doesn't seem to be working. Would it help if I take pictures or a video of what I'm doing so I can show it to you all? I'm sure I'm not doing something right.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to cardsfan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Couldn't hurt !

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pics and vids can be very useful!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."