Thread: Frozen Taiyo T-4-38 Pachislo Machine -- Please help???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Frozen Taiyo T-4-38 Pachislo Machine -- Please help???

I am new to the forum and to owning a pachislo machine. It's actually belongs to my father-in-law, but I will own it if I can't get it fixed. It is a Taiyo T-4-38 J's Victory machine that has been converted to operate on quarters and worked fine for years until last week. My kids were playing when the machine suddenly froze up and stopped working. I have tried everything that I have been able to find online about reseting the machine, but so far no results. When the machine is powered on, the only thing that lights up or moves is the number 2 in the credits window on the front. I understand that this is probably the payout level, but I am unable to get that to change. No self-tests or other lights or noises upon startup. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to owning a machine myself one day, but I was hoping my first purchase would be a working machine. Thanks again in advance for any help!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Frozen Taiyo T-4-38 Pachislo Machine -- Please help???

Hi There

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

JS Victory is I think a old 1999 Taiyo model and I believe it's a 1,2 or 3 coin bet machine with a football (soccer) theme.

As a Forum we do not discuss nor recommend the converting of Pachislos to take currency (these machines were manufactured & designed to operate purely on the correct Tokens).

However, you say the machine was working fine for years, so I doubt the conversion is causing the problem?

It sounds like maybe you are still in the 'reset' mode? Or perhaps have a sticking button or joystick that is preventing the reset to finalise?

Did you complete the full 'Hard' reset? you may wish to double check that you have followed the procedure carefully, as it is easy to miss something, we have all done it

Here's a quick recap, I presume it will be the same for your model:

"How To Set the Skill Levels of Your Pachislo
    HOW CHANGE ODDS:

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door. (please note on some models the numbers could be displayed inside the machine)

5. Locate and push Skill button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds, and depress both "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons to lock odds level into machine memory.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

Also just to confirm some additional info (from member Chrisdice) regarding hard reset

Two switches on the power supply:
    - One requires a soft reset at the end of a bonus.
    - The other pays out all tokens at the end of a bonus.

For these switches in most cases off is in the down or right position. The for off and on are:

無 = off

有 = on

I'm sure other members will post with further trouble shooting advice for you, but in the meantime

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

dont get hung up on the fact you think you half way threw the reset..

start at the begining and work your way threw each step..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

​Welcome to PachiTalk!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you so much for all the friendly responses I have received so far. Yes, hanabi the machine I am working with is one of the soccer themed machines. I hope to get some good pictures taken and posted this week to be sure I'm going through the reset process correctly.

I have two internal toggle switches on the power box, both clearly marked "On" and "Off" in English thankfully. One is clearly power switch (black) and functions properly, the other I assume is the "reset" switch (red) to access programming mode. I do not see anywhere inside the machine that a key could be inserted. On the power box there is also a small black push button just below the "reset" toggle switch and then two slide switches which I presume to be the Bonus Reset switch and the Game Over switch. Finally on top of the power box there is a hopper reverse toggle switch which functions properly.

I have turned the machine off with the power toggle switch. Turned the "reset" toggle switch to "On". Turned the machine back on with the power toggle switch. Then tried pressing the small black button just below the "reset" toggle switch (as well as at various other times any other button, slide, or switch I can find inside or outside of the machine) with no success whatsoever. The credit light never changes from 2. I have even tried to complete the reset process without changing anything by holding down the Joy lever and then turning the "reset" toggle switch to "Off", but the machine still does not initiate.

In my research, I recently read that it may take as many as 15 minutes of the machine being unplugged to reset its internal memory. I do not think I have given this a shot. Would this be worth a try?

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It sounds like someone probably replaced the key switch with a toggle switch..Maybe the switch has gone bad or a wire came loose from it??

You might as well try unplugging it, it shouldn't hurt anything..Although I'm not sure 15 minuets would be long enough to actually do anything..But I don't really know much about fixing pachislos!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

maybe this will help my earlier description some IMG-20130121-00018.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by tennisbum44 View Post
    maybe this will help my earlier description some IMG-20130121-00018.jpg

Sorry I'm on my iPod at the moment, so it's not easy for me to compare your pic to others.

Hopefully other members can advise you, but in the meantime:

You could take a look at this Pachislo guide, towards the end pages, you will see different manufacturers machine set ups, and whilst I can't see Taiyo listed separately, you may see one that is similar.

It's a PDF link and may be of help to you

http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...ion_Manual.pdf

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like that red switch has been fitted to replace the internal reset key

As to what position. Not sure. I know next to nothing about slo's
    Sorry
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tried everything again, still no luck. Also need to make one correction to my previous description of the problem...the 2 light on the front door is in the Payout window not the Credit window if that makes a difference to anyone. I've unplugged it now and going to leave it that way until I have some other suggestions of what to try on here. We'll see if down-time has any effect on it as well. Thanks again to everyone for taking an interest and helping me out with my problem.