Thread: D HELL's double wall cabinet with card credit unit build in.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default D HELL's double wall cabinet with card credit unit build in.

Hi all, I'm D HELL not new at this site, but new at actually posting on here.

Finally beginning on my double cabinet for my (small) hallway.
    Here is a picture of the Matrix pachinko I actually own:

IMG_3093_small.jpg

I'm planning on making a double wall cabinet with in the middle Dave Rob's card system for both pachinko's. And something extra that I've asked him to create for me. As I'm handy with my hands, but not that much with programming and electronics. I'll be updating this post as this big project is coming along. In the middle of the pachinko's I'll be adding a system that will allow to add credit with the card charge station with real money (in my case euro's as I live in the Netherlands). And with the cards that have credits on them will actually play either left or right pachinko when you've inserted it in the correct card reader slot.

Here are some rough scetches I've made so far:

Pachinko kast.jpg Pachinko kast2.jpg

There will be some changes as this project comes along. For example I've heard from Dave that there was a nicer coin prover that can accept several different coins. So I've ordered that one in stead of the one I've scetched here.

I hope Dave will update what he's come up with in this thread as it's something more of the pachinko fans would like to own themselves.

All hail to Dave Rob for making it possible. Pinball Dave's pinball and pachinko site
    The pachinko Matrix (and the next pachinko Macross Fever, and 2 battlecounter) I've bought (and will buy) them from Dragonfly Amusement

Until next post, D HELL (Joris)

2. The following 16 users say "Thanks" to D HELL

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: D HELL's double wall cabinet with card credit unit build in.

I've been chatting with Joris via email for the past week about this, so it's nice to see these ideas appearing on PachiTalk as well.

My side of this project will be adapting a circuit board I had already designed to be a 'self test' fixture for the dongle into the small display circuit board shown in the pictures. In this application the board just replicates the two buttons and credit display normally found on the pachinko machine to allow the dongle to be used 'stand-alone'. The dongle will plug into the back of this display board, and the smartcard reader into the expansion header on the dongle as normal. The only extra connection needed is to splice into the 24Vac supply from the transformer of one of the pachinko machines in the cabinet.

The coin acceptor is a multi-coin electronic acceptor available quite cheaply from eBay that I've been toying around with for a while. I had a Polish arcade operator who wanted to put some coin operated pachinko machines in pub locations, so I bought this coin mech as a quick substitute for testing the Rev2.1 dongle software update, until I could get a sample of the same make/model acceptors he was intending to use. So I already have a small stock of the wiring harness adaptors needed to connect this to the dongle.

The final component is a software update for the dongle, as at the moment if it's connected to both a coin acceptor and a smartcard reader it will lose any credit for coins inserted while there is no smartcard in the reader. This is the biggest bit of the project for me, as it's a substantial architectural change to the software. I've already identified 30+ areas of the dongle code that need to be modified, some are a simple with only a line or two of code needing to be changed, others need a complete re-write. But it's something that needs to be done, as I've got other accessories in the pipeline that are waiting on these changes as well.

It's probably going to take me about a month to get all of this together, as the prototype PCBs take about two weeks to have made. I'll add updates to this post as the bits arrive and it all comes together.
    Last edited by daverob; 01-21-2013 at 08:53 PM.

4. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds very interesting. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice looking setup

looking forward to seeing in compleated

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think that's great! While I wouldn't want one that accepts valid coins for charging the cards, one using the tokens my pachislo uses, or just having buttons to push to add credits to the cards would be nice.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Small update...

They have arrived!!! 2 Lumino Battlecounters. Thanks to Juno from Bidservice.jp - Juno's Japan Bid and Buy Agent Service for Worldwide.

Here are 2 pictures (could only install 1 as the other Macross pachinko is going to arrive in 2 or 3 weeks)
    All handy and marked for the cabinets I own. Including scematics.

Lumino.jpgMatrix-Lumino.jpg

9. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to D HELL

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks AWESOME!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking good. Cannot wait to see this all together.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quick update from my side of this project. The PCBs for the LED display board have finally come in and I've assembled one to check that there's no problems with them.

LED_Display.jpg

It's just a simple board with a credit display and the two buttons (ball loan and return), and the dongle plugs into the back. The blue wires are to supply power and can be attached to the 24V transformer on an adjacent pachinko machine. The smartcard reader plugs into the expansion connector of the dongle in the normal way.

The buttons on this sample are on the front of the board, or (if you are intending to use a coin/token acceptor) then they can also be mounted on the rear. Typically you'd only have the one button fitted (the 'return' button for adding credit), but the board is also designed for me to use for testing dongles where both buttons are needed.

I've only got half a dozen sample PCBs at the moment, so I'm not going to officially put them on sale. If anyone would be interested in one then PM or email me and I'll decide if it's worth putting them into production.

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Damn!!! Looks so awesome! Now for sure I'll have to hurry and come up with a complete and detailed plan for this cabinet build.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

reminds me of my card ball dispenser project. Only difference is I'm getting an output signal from the dongle as well as credit add
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tempting, but I only have the one modern machine that could support ball loan/credits with no immediate plans to acquire more. Neat little project though!
    InfiniteBlue
    Vintage: 1978 Masamura Super Deluxe, 1975 Nishijin B "JAL" Shiroi-Komame
    Modern: Newgin Trio, Bisty Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Angels Return (v4)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mini update...

Last saturday I received my pachinko cells!!!
    Superman returns (for the Daiichi Solid D frame)
    Macross Frontier (for the Sankyo V-trigger frame)

And here are the pictures.. enjoy
    IMG_3223.jpgIMG_3224.jpgIMG_3227.jpgIMG_3231.jpgIMG_3232.jpgIMG_3233.jpgIMG_3234.JPGIMG_3236.jpgIMG_3237.jpg

18. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to D HELL

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And here is a video of Macross Frontier... (can't stop drooling.. this pachinko cell is just awesome!!! Maybe it's the fact that I like the Frontier anime series)

20. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to D HELL

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Finally update... building the double wall cabinet together with my dad. And he had some interesting ideas for a slight different approach. So no building plans, but I can make them for who's interested in this whole setup. Thanks to Dave I have my credit with coin mechanism for in between the 2 pachinko machines. But that will follow this week. So without any futher ado, here's the pic with the setup thusfar:

foto.jpg

22. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to D HELL

Thanks
    Thanks Received

24. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to D HELL

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are the cabinets supported by the angle brackets? Did you bend the angle brackets slightly or is that an optical illusion?
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The cabinets are supported on the lower brackets and they are 90 degree, as are the top ones who support the ball hopper supply box. So I think it's optical illusion in the picture(s). I'm currently working on the center piece in that the charge system from daverob will be mounted (as are the card systems from him).

27. The following user says "Thanks" to D HELL