Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: $35 Thunderbird Power Flash

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: $35 Thunderbird Power Flash

Got to play around with the machine a little bit this morning. The King lights up when a bonus is hit. The Queen was lighting up before but does not appear to be now. I ran the machine low on balls thinking that would light it up but no luck. Should be an easy fix. The machine still gets stuck pretty often when it pays out a bonus. I should have that fixed tomorrow. I was able to work on the chrome a bit this morning and it is cleaning up very nicely. I still think I am going to remove the power switch on the front of the machine that a previous owner added. I also plan on putting in a cheat button and then adding one of my Gaku Counters.

?i am really loving this machine so far.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The leaf switch for the low ball probably needs to be adjusted. Good idea is to sand the contact area on those switches to ensure connectivity.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had two new pieces 1/8" glass cut for the machine at Lowes. Came to around $5 a piece and they fit perfectly. I prefer the sound glass makes compared to plexi.

I have been working more on the machine and found that the low ball light is just a bad bulb. However, I need to find some replacements. The bulb is a screw type with "GE432" labeled on it.

Here are a couple of pictures:

bulb1.jpgbulb2.jpg

Any suggestions where to find some of these?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Radio Shack. In the metal drawers in the back of the store. 2-3 bulbs for under $2.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent, may head over there now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am getting close to getting everything working. The machine is having an issue with paying out bonuses.

Here is a picture and a description of what is wrong...

When a ball goes in a pocket to trigger a bonus the lever marked "A" goes down like it should but then sometimes the ball stays there rather than allowing arm "A" to go back up. When the ball does as it should arm "B" moves up for a second and everything works fine.

Here is a picture of it with the arm "A" resting in the down position with the ball on it.

Hope I described everything ok.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you move "b" (the paper clip) and alow the winning ball to fall will the jackpot finish its cycle??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

usually that is all it takes. It works right about 75% of the time.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I do take it that you are running more than 500 balls through it right. If not that could be your issue.

Otherwise if that isn't the case we will have to look deeper. So could you post some closer up pics of the area.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok let me see if i can type this out..

as the ball rides down on the jackpot arm "A" this trips the jackpot balls to drop from the jackpot..
    (check the pivot point of the jackpot arm and make sure it is clean and free moving.)

this action then allows the jackpot balls to fall..
    (there is a little flat tap in the center of the jackpot.. make sure the action between the tab and the fork that moves the tab is clear. also make sure the ball paths into the jackpot is clean the weight if the falling balls into the jackpot is important)

as the jackpot balls fall they land onto a lever this lever does two things.. it pushes down "B" the paper clip allowing the ball to fall and the jackpot arm to swing up and reload the jackpot..

P1050496 (800x600).jpgP1050497 (800x600).jpg

(these two pictures show my attempt to attach "B" the paperclip to the reset lever it does not get attached.)
    as you can see the reset lever -arm has a pivot point just like "A" the jackpot arm.. geting to this point is a giant pain in the pachinko.. but if it won reset this point could be your problem??

hope this helps?? please feel free to ask anything else..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some more pics I shot before heading into work.

image.jpgimage_1.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_3.jpgimage_4.jpgimage_5.jpg

Obviously I have several covers removed to allow access to these areas. I am not sure how to get into the area in the last picture where I think my problem resides.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Well I do take it that you are running more than 500 balls through it right. If not that could be your issue.

Otherwise if that isn't the case we will have to look deeper. So could you post some closer up pics of the area.

I have the top hopper full, so I think there are plenty of balls. However when the machine is working properly I am hoping to add a ball lifter.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: $35 Thunderbird Power Flash

Perfect game for a Card Shark with all of the playing cards!

Here are some pictures of sensor placement for a counter. You probably need spacers to get the "shot" sensor in the middle of the shooting track. It takes some experimentation to get consistent "senses". I'm not sure if the location of the "win" sensor has enough clearance. I think there is but please check before you go too far... There are some other locations that would possibly work too.

PF Front.jpg P Flash WIN.jpg PF Back.jpg

PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Really difficult for me to tell in pictures. There is a white rocker in the center jackpot release. In the 1975 Target Abroad instruction sheet, it is called 11. Interlocking Device. This thing pivots and 15 pachinko balls fall down. It looks like the left curving metal thing is bent out in one of your pictures. I have seen that as a cause for jackpots not dropping. It is not very common. It really takes effort to bend that metal piece out of whack; but I have seen it. The paper clip area looks ok to me in the pictures. Maybe one of the other members has seen this same type of issue?
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Perfect game for a Card Shark with all of the playing cards!

Here are some pictures of sensor placement for a counter. You probably need spacers to get the "shot" sensor in the middle of the shooting track. It takes some experimentation to get consistent "senses". I'm not sure if the location of the "win" sensor has enough clearance. I think there is but please check before you go too far... There are some other locations that would possibly work too.

PF Front.jpg P Flash WIN.jpg PF Back.jpg

Thank you. The playing card theme is what had originally made me start looking for a Power Flash. Now that I have had a chance to play with one, I am glad I got it. Going to be one of my very favorite machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When the machine pays out, it is paying 15 as it should. The problem is when it locks up, I need to go to the back of the machine and usually just move the "paperclip" up to finish the payout. If I fail to do that the next bonus ball will go in and stack up on the "A" arm.

I was thinking, I may put a slight angle to my machine, I think they are mounted with a slight angle in the parlors. Any thoughts?

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i would clear the machine so it is loaded and ready for a jackpot..

have someone drop a ball in a tulip and watch the ball path.. as the ball falls down the jackpot arm to the paper clip.. watch and see if the paper clip is moving up and down enought for the balls to pass under the clip and finish the payout cycle..

you stated the jackpot pay some times but not always??? is there something that is different about payouts??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Really difficult for me to tell in pictures. There is a white rocker in the center jackpot release. In the 1975 Target Abroad instruction sheet, it is called 11. Interlocking Device. This thing pivots and 15 pachinko balls fall down. It looks like the left curving metal thing is bent out in one of your pictures. I have seen that as a cause for jackpots not dropping. It is not very common. It really takes effort to bend that metal piece out of whack; but I have seen it. The paper clip area looks ok to me in the pictures. Maybe one of the other members has seen this same type of issue?
    is the interlock device your refering to the flat metal tab that stops/regulates the balls from refilling the jackpot?? I have had to bend this tab befor but only on one machine.. not common but yes i have adjusted it befor.. sticky pivot points is way more common

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    i would clear the machine so it is loaded and ready for a jackpot..

have someone drop a ball in a tulip and watch the ball path.. as the ball falls down the jackpot arm to the paper clip.. watch and see if the paper clip is moving up and down enought for the balls to pass under the clip and finish the payout cycle..

you stated the jackpot pay some times but not always??? is there something that is different about payouts??
    That is exactly what I did last night when my friend was over to play darts. He would drop a ball in and it would make it all the way to the "A" arm. Sometimes the "paperclip" would move up and down as it should and sometimes it would not. There is no problem with the payouts, it is just sometimes it is not able to complete the cycle and reload for the next payout.

My gut tells me the problem is in the area circled in this photo.

I just cannot figure out how to get into that area more to see if I can spot the problem. In the above picture you can see the ball sitting on the "A" arm but it has not been able to pass the "paperclip" to finish the cycle. When it gets in this state, I usually just need to lift the "paperclip" to finish the cycle.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to get it working you might try restricting the travel of the paper clip..

the pivot point of the paper clip is above your circled point in the pic above..

the movement is controled by two plastic tabs.. try taping a small piece of wood plastic what ever on the bottom tab.. doing this will lift the paper clip up.. dont move it so far that a ball will not stay on the jackpot arm but so that the paper clip only has to move a fraction to release the winning ball..

just a thought...

31. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast