Thread: Vintage Daiichi with bonus payouts?

mku

Question Vintage Daiichi with bonus payouts?

I purchased a lot of 3 vintage machines awhile back, 1 working Nishijin (1960's), 1 Daiichi needing minor repairs (70's) and 1 Nishijin parts donor (also 70's). I recently got the Daiichi running, after some fabricating in the loading mecanism, and it is really fun.

Ok here's the question, I noticed after about 15 min. of play that some where in between every 10-20 payouts it will pay into the bottom tray, and pay at least 16 sometimes 25 balls for 2-3 payouts and then back to normal. It doesn't seem to matter which scoring slot is hit and there is no consistecy in the number of regular payouts inbetween, or the number of bonus payouts in a row, or the number of balls in the bonus payouts.

I did not have to go very deep under the back covers while making my repairs so I don't know if there is a hidden ball storage area that may be holding some of the scoring balls or what. I can see and hear a second bell for a different sound when this happens.

I have never noticed or heard of this behavior on a vintage machine before.

Does anyone know of this or am I gonna have to tear it all down to see how it works:confused: This machine could stand a good cleaning anyway.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vintage Daiichi with bonus payouts?

not heard that either, do a good cleaning while you are there
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

mku

Lightbulb Mystery Solved!! Re: Vintage Daiichi with bonus payouts?

Well I went and did a little experiment, looked at a few other vintage Daiichi pictures and then popped some covers to confirm my theory.

Turns out this is not as weird as I thought. Alot of Daiichi's have a payout over flow. Thats why it only happens after so many wins (or when you stick your hand in the payout shoot)(some experiment huh), and the suposed extra balls were really balls that I had allready won making their way to the overflow with the next payout. I started thinking this when I noticed that the first "bonus" payout would occasionally split between the two trays.

Oh well, kind of a let down but now I know. I guess I'll go back and finish cleaning now.