Thread: My take on a pachinko wall

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My take on a pachinko wall

Looking at http://akimono.com/test.php?num=Card...der%20Emulator I could get 4 individual readers and 2 bundles for not too bad, that would be 6 readers and 6 cards. Then work out an installation method to put the card readers nearby. Looking over at Pachinko Card Reader Emulator Unit by Pinball Dave I see some of the machines I have represented with cards. Checking wtih Akimono to see if all they have is blanks or if the image ones are available. Anyway...

At the moment I have: *=CR, <=planned for wall
    Indiana Jones *
    Milky Bar
    Nishijin A (has its own upright cabinet)
    Avantgarde *
    Charlie Chaplin *<
    Batman Begins *<
    Popeye 2 *<
    Thunderbirds *<
    Bungee Jump
    Yellow Cab *
    Tom and Jerry *<

After looking at the cards and seeing that they have Avantgarde, Yellow Cab and Indy images available, I'm rethinking on the ones I'll have on the wall. My original thought was the ones I have up there now which makes 5 (my original number until I half decide to go cabinetless which gives room for 6 so the Tom and Jerry is the extra). I was going to keep the Indy and Avantgarde to use as side machines on a MAME cabinet. That was before I got the Yellow Cab so the side machines will likely be the Avantgarde and the Yellow Cab now.

Picked up more lumber for the upper section of the wall rack that will hold the pachinkos. Got a new 1500va AVR UPS along with 6 higher gauge individual power extension cords that came in yesterday, going with good cords rather than just the standard multi-end extension cords. The UPS is one that has the LCD readout so you can see how much juice you are actually using. The UPS will be my power switch for the items on wall as well as protect them from surges and spikes.

Still pondering a ball feed system. Had thoughts of a conveyor/scoop type lift system with ramps to take the balls to each machine... still thinking.

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to doa12