Thread: Balldozer / Ball lifters available again

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Balldozer / Ball lifters available again

Just a heads up for all you people.
    Dragonfly has decided to make the famous ball lifters from our good member Berzerk available again.
    They are a little bit pricier, but I guess we all knew that the previous price was too good to keep going...

Check it out here
    Pachinko: Horror Mansion, Hanamankai Kirameki, Ringu, Julie The Pinball, Yoon Sona, Hissatsu Shigotonin III, Hanafuda Monogatari
    Pachislo: Beatmania

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to Denhomer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Balldozer / Ball lifters available again

that looks like a space toilet
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

4. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The original always looked like an explosion in a plumbing supply store. However it did fit in place and more important, if worked. As its always hidden. Looks aren't important but reliability is. From what I remember. They are a lot quieter than the parlour orange ones.
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Think that would work well enough to have a series of 5 pachinkos lined up with a tilt to put the balls down to the feeder and have the output at the top go to a slant to put the balls back up at the top for the different machines? Or is it more a 1 unit per pachinko kind of thing. I could probably convince myself the price would be worth it for managing ball feeds for 5 pachinkos at once, but maybe not at 1 per machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by doa12 View Post
    Think that would work well enough to have a series of 5 pachinkos lined up with a tilt to put the balls down to the feeder and have the output at the top go to a slant to put the balls back up at the top for the different machines? Or is it more a 1 unit per pachinko kind of thing. I could probably convince myself the price would be worth it for managing ball feeds for 5 pachinkos at once, but maybe not at 1 per machine.
    That sounds exactly like what I'm currently doing
    See here, I'm doing 7 machines (currently only 6 pachinko's) with 1 lifter. The lifter easily lifts 6 feet through a tube which is even bent a little bit...

I have no idea if the speed is enough for keeping up with multiple bonusses at the same time...
    It does about 5 balls per second...
    Last edited by Denhomer; 01-07-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    Pachinko: Horror Mansion, Hanamankai Kirameki, Ringu, Julie The Pinball, Yoon Sona, Hissatsu Shigotonin III, Hanafuda Monogatari
    Pachislo: Beatmania

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Doesn't seem too bad a price depending on postage. I'm looking at having 2 rows of 3 machines back to back I think it wouldn't take much work to have a lifter per pair of machines. Would need a fair bit more work to do a row of 5 and not sure if it would b fast enough for multiple fevers.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If your ball storage tank is above the machines then speed isn't that important as it only needs to lift the balls that have been shot ie 100 per minute per machine if you don't want a back log forming under the machines. If your storage tank is below the machines and used to top up the machines when they run low then you would need something a lot quicker. Unrealistic quick for three machines during fever. Also remember that only used balls leave the machine and the winning balls go to the front. Even with 2000 balls per machine that's cutting it pretty fine.

The logical method is to have reserves above the machines at at least 2000 balls per machine. Then a smaller tank underneath to start up and be lifted to the top when enough balls have been shot.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For those interested here is the link to member Berzerk's site about the balldozer.

Balldozer - The Pachinko Ball Lifter

100 machines and counting...

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've got two of these lifters and one of the orange ones from Japan. If you've built your cabinet so the ball reservoir is at the top, then these lifters can keep up with the balls coming out of the back of three machines being played simultaneously, the orange Japanese lifter can probably manage one more machine as it runs a little bit faster (at least it does on the 120v transformer I'm running it from).

The main benefit of the Balldozer design is it's lifting power, it can manage a lot higher lift than the orange lifter, so you can have space for decent sized ball reservoirs both on top and below the machines. Secondly it runs from a nice safe 12v DC supply, so you don't have to worry about transformer voltages or high voltage wiring.

14. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to daverob