Thread: How do you convert a custom Pachislo back to its original title?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default How do you convert a custom Pachislo back to its original title?

Hi all! Fairly new to this hobby. I recently got two machines on e-bay, both with the title "Los Vegas". While reading previous threads I found out that one of my machines is a custom machine that turns out to be a 2007 "Devil May Cry" machine. When I peeled back the decal I found that there is a LED screen that lights up but does not show any animations. I would like to restore this machine back to its original form. How would I go about getting the animations back on the LED screen? I will be posting pictures of both machines soon and I would also appreciate any input on the other machine as well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How do you convert a custom Pachislo back to its original title?

Welcome to PachiTalk!

I would start by posting pictures inside and out of the machines.

Bear in mind that it that it may have been converted due to to the video screen not working properly. Parts for these machines can be difficult to come by. There are several members here who can help with trying to track down parts. Another source for parts would be Yahoo Japan, an auction site similar to eBay. You will need to use a bid service, Juno seems to be a favorite here. I have used him on occasion and he is very good. Shipping can get pretty expensive though.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is some information I located on reconnecting a LCD screen. I've never had to attempted this and this is just info I located.
    (This information is provided by Magicland at PachisloDB.)

Attempting any of this should be done entirely at your own risk!!!Unplug your machine before starting.

1.) Remove all connections from the LCD screen, and unscrew the 5 screws, (locations highlighted in
    red), which attach the screen to the Pachislo.
    LCD 1.jpg
    In this picture, the connections have not yet been removed. It might help you to tag each connector and make notes so you can remember where it goes. Generally each connector will only fit one socket, but it depends on how good your memory is.

2.) Remove any remaining connectors or cables between the plastic LCD housing and the LCD RF shielding, then remove the screws holding the plastic housing to the monitor and RF shielding. There May be 2 on each side, (mine only had 2 for some reason).
    LCD2.jpg
    LCD3.jpg

3.) At this point you may see a copperish colored connector sticking out from the RF shielding, (or you may not, it may be tucked inside). This is what will need to be reconnected to make the LCD work.
    LCD 4.jpgEight screws, (2 on each corner), will need to be removed to open the RF shielding.

4.) Open the RF shielding to access the small black printed circuit board which the LCD screen connects to.
    LCD 5.jpg

5.) Remove the 4 screws from the black printed circuit board to access the connector for the LCD's ribbon cable.
    LCD 6.jpg

6.) Open the connector for the ribbon cable and insert the cable completely, (ensuring that you have the right side up, cable should lie flat when the black PCB is reinstalled in the machine, not twisted), then press down the small white flap to lock it in place. Replace the board and screw it back onto the LCD.
    LCD 7.jpg
    LCD 8.jpg

At this point, you can close the RF shielding, and CAREFULLY and SLOWLY remove the "cheesy" vinyl covering the LCD screen. Try and remove all of the adhesive, but don't use anything harsh, coarse, abrasive or solvent based on the screen.

Continue reassembling LCD unit, replace in machine and reconnect all connectors in the reverse order you disconnected them.

Turn on your machine and hopefully your screen will spring to life.

(Thank you, Magicland for providing this great information on how to reconnect the LCD screen.)
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thank you all for your help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my machine just came back to life

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to rayk902

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow. I hope it's that easy for you and nothing is broken or faulty. But it's a good start. As mentioned above. Turn power off and unplug from the wall just to be 100% sure. Don't want any parts or anyone getting fried.

Great Now as payment we demand pictures
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i will as soon as learn how to post them now all i need to do is learn how to get this machine to pay out instead
    of just adding credits every thing seems to be working fine not bad for a 115.00 find off ebay

11. The following user says "Thanks" to rayk902

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a thread about posting pictures:

How to Post Pictures!!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is a Onimusha machine by Rodeo, 2005.

It came in four different belly glasses, but all are the same machine.
    The theme of the machine is Mercinaries.

onimusha.jpgonimusha2.jpgonimusha3.jpgonimusha4.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rayk902 View Post
    my machine just came back to life
    Does that mean you got the video screen working again?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I too am confused. Is the video screen all working? Did you get all the stickers off like across the belly glass too.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes got lucky with the machine not so with my other one lcd plug was cut that photo is not of the machine i am
    working on right now i will be posting as soon as i get a chance but yes lcd was working fine and i removed all decals

20. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to rayk902

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good to hear! I'm sure you like it WAY better than before!

22. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall