Thread: Reliability

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Reliability

So does anyone have any stats of machines that frequently have problems. Ie I have heard that Lion King jams a fair bit. I am sure that with the millions of these in use there has to be some kind of stats kept somewhere ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Reliability

the only problems i have had with some of my machines is if they sit for 3 or 4 days without being turned on they go into error mode and need to be reset.

one burned out belly glass which slotusa replaced for free and a few reel bulbs

these machines are all made to last under heavy use.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Reliability

I agree with Luckydog, the games are realively trouble free.

I should add that the games to be pulled first from circulation will be those with physical problems or have unpopular themes. But after a bit of time has passed and a game's popularity has waned and a new release is made, then whole banks of the games will be pulled, cannibalized for parts, or, HOPEFULLY, the best ones saved for us to buy.
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have had only two Pachinkos so far that were worthy enough to be in my gameroom. The vintage one was sold before I could put much play into it. But my "modern day" Pachinko : Fever Arabian Nights by Sankyo has been rock solid through hour after hour of play and I mean it gets extremely heavy play here. No problems at all so far...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    the only problems i have had with some of my machines is if they sit for 3 or 4 days without being turned on they go into error mode and need to be reset.
    That is interesting because I hadn't played my Giga Fever for about a week and low and behold when I turned it on today E-8. :smirk: A quick reset fixed it though. Never left if off that long before I guess.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmm... does that mean I play ALL my machines within 3 or 4 days? What's happening now, though, is I'm getting so many, that it will be longer between plays at times.

The error might not happen if you turn 'em off inside, too, instead of cutting the power altogether with a power strip/surge protector? I use the surge protector switch on all of the kids.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Re: Reliability

monaghj :

I had to relook at what category you posted this in.

Are you asking about pachinkos or pachislos or both? I have had some issues with pachislos.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You're right, Lew. He asked about a Pachinko, but then we got talking about Pachislos and error codes. This is heading over to Pachislo area to continue...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's my take on it.. It would be great to hear from one of the larger dealers though...

Aruze - 2 similiar errors with power supplies showed up on the Azteca Legend model in a fairly short time. This doesn't bode well for this machines power supply, since it is a fairly newer machine. Of course, it could just be a freak coincidence. It also seems to be fairly easy to damage the optical sensors on these models if you start 'tinkering'. Otherwise, these machines seem to be rock solid, and have the most solid cases I've seen.

Sammy / Rodeo - A few minor issues with the sound board on the door. This seems to be caps going bad with age... Or maybe they used cheap caps. Otherwise, these machines are solid - if you don't mind the speaker whine. Case particle board chips easily if you happen to 'drag' it across the floor.

Newer Takasago (rocky style case)- Solid. One problem with loose solder connections on a board integrated into the reelset.

Older Takasago - (james bond style case) Cheap construction both internally and the case. No reported problems though.

.Net machines - Solid construction. No reported or observed problems (but in my opinion, the gameplay stinks on every .net machine I've had. Haven't had anything newer than Blackjack though)

Bellco - (digislo series) - Solid construction. Usually no volume control. No reported problems.

Yamasa (kung fu lady style case)- one problem with a crimped wire at the door bottom (plastic tie cut into the wire). One problem with a bad light starter. One problem with electromagnet on coin mech. Solder connections seem pretty crappy (lots of residue acid on the boards).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good info, thanks for posting that, pachislousa!