Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newbie help!!! Pachislo machine error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie help!!! Pachislo machine error

Hi I am new to this site and need a question answered. We acquired a Big Action Get Your Dream Pachislo machine from my husbands brother several years ago. We put the machine away because we kept getting an HE error code. We just recently got the machine back out and tried to play it. Things went great until we got 50 credits and then the machine started paying out. The hopper was not full but definitely had at least 200 tokens inside. We hit the bonus round three times now but as soon as the credit showed 50 credits and paid out the rest in tokens an HE error showed up on the screen and a bell alarm sounded and we could not finish our bonus round. After this happened we tried to do a soft reset but unfortunately we had to do a full reset and could not finish the bonus round. We also tried to do this in payout method with the same result.

We cannot understand why we get an HE error code when the hopper is half full or more with tokens. Could it be one of our sensors? We would really like to get this corrected as we want to add it to our family room to play as well as being a great centerpiece.

We need to clean this machine and was wondering if there is anything in this forum on cleaning our machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Specknt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie help!!! Pachislo machine error

im more of a Pachinko kinda guy.. there are lots of thread.. try doing a search for HE error there should be lots of threads on that kind of problems..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

question???

after the full reset does the machine work right??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

I'm not sure why you are getting HE errors when your hopper is full, but I would start with the basics for trouble shooting first

So just to double check that you are doing the correct FULL reset including the odds change, here's some info on resetting, I have collated from the Forums for you,

It's also possible that you may have the machine set up to require a re-set after a Bonus, if so then you may wish to put the 2 switches into the 'off' position as detailed at the end of the following:

"How To Set the Skill Levels of Your Pachislo
    HOW CHANGE ODDS:

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Skill button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds, and depress both "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons to lock odds level into machine memory.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

Also just to confirm some additional info (from member Chrisdice) regarding hard reset

Two switches on the power supply:
    - One requires a soft reset at the end of a bonus.
    - The other pays out all tokens at the end of a bonus.

For these switches in most cases off is in the down or right position. The for off and on are:

無 = off

有 = on

Do let us know how you get on and hopefully our more technically minded members will be able to assist with further trouble shooting for you

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

5. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does it actually pay out tokens to the front tray. Go straight to error on hitting 50 credits or does it spit out a few then go into error. If the later. Check the photocell that detects and counts the tokens as they exit the hopper.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When the machine hits 50 credits it pays out a few tokens and then I get the HE error code even though there are still tokens in the hopper.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did the full reset that you instructed me to do in your post but I am unable to locate the two on off switches you are talking about. Can you send me a picture or give me a little more information as to where I can locate these switches? After doing the full reset I still get an HE error code and an alarm sounds. We put the machine on payout mode and when there was a payout irregardless of what it paid out I still got the HE error code and alarm and had to do a full reset. In one of my replies a photocell was mentioned. Can you tell me where I might find this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specknt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds as if you have a dirty sensor, as others have mentioned.

The sensor is located under the hopper. It can be cleaned with canned air or use a Q-tip with window cleaner. (Wet the Q-tip with window cleaner and lightly clean the sensor).

The sensors are very delicate and can be rendered useless if treated improperly. So be gentle in your cleaning.

Here's some pictures for what to look for.

Hopper Sensor 001.jpg
    Last edited by Wayne-Ooo; 12-19-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As above, dirty or faulty sensor or wiring from said sensor.
    Ian #UKPachinko

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry I havent been on in a while but I just got out of the hospital. Feeling much better now. Can someone please tell me what sensor I am looking for as I found several and cleaned each one of them as described in your post. After doing this, once again after reaching 50 credits and paying out the rest in coins I got the HE error code and the alarm bell sounded. BTY the hopper still has coins in.

This is very frustrating as I am at a loss as what to do. Can someone show me where I might find the sensors for the hopper plus any others that might be important for me to check. Could it be my hopper???

If anyone can help me it would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Also if anyone can show me where the sensors it may help me fix my problem quicker. Thanks for the replies already received but please please HELP!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The sensor is mounted on the underside the hopper. Take your hopper out and turn it over, you will see the motor, wiring, levers, springs and a sensor.

A spring loaded lever,(normally a curved lever), runs in between the sensor, breaking a photo cell beam. Thus counting how many tokens are dispensed.

If the sensor is dirty or bad, it doesn't see the lever, thus it assumes the hopper is empty.

Also the spring on the lever could of broken. Or the lever is not breaking the beam on the sensor, maybe something is loose or misaligned.

Hopper Sensor.jpgHopper Sensor 001.jpg

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have another metal box on the bottom of my hopper. Could this be where the sensor and other parts I see on your picture be under this metal box? I cleaned the black piece of plastic with a disc in the center which is where the money passes through to the door and then out to the tray. After getting 50 credits and then the machine wanted to pay it shot out an odd number of coins and then went directly to an alarm and the HE error code appeared. I did not find a sensor on the bottom of my hopper and was wondering if I should look under this metal box??? This is very frustrating as we really want to play with this slot machine. I just have to be patient.

If a sensor is broken can it be fixed? My hopper is made by AsahiSeiko and has a model #CH-650. Other info on the hopper include HHL 3002 R. I tried to look this number and company up but was unable to match the two. I was unsuccessful finding anything about this hopper on the internet. Actually I have been very unsuccessful in finding anything about my machine at all. It is a Big Action, Get Your Dream Pachislo machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by specknt View Post
    Actually I have been very unsuccessful in finding anything about my machine at all. It is a Big Action, Get Your Dream Pachislo machine
    Sorry can't help with the sensor location, but can give a little info on the model

Although it is not showing in our Research Centre, I believe your pachislo could be this one,

I have found reference to it being manufactured by Abilit (Abilit / Takasago) around 1999, is a Type A 5 line machine, and looks like it could be a 1,2, or 3 token bet machine, so not one of the usual max bet models, if my info source is correct?

1999 Abilit Big Action.JPG
    Angie ...

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its possible that the sensor is protected in a small case. But It should be easy to get to. The sensor is normally black in colour about 1/4" wide, 1/2" deep and 3/4" across in a U shape. As per the picture posted above. Like 2 towers pointing up. Should have either 3 or 4 wires to it (most are 3)

Just follow the wiring loom. One pair will go to the motor, The others to the sensor.
    Ian #UKPachinko

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes this is the machine that I have. Was very difficult to find out anything about this machine. Do you have any more information or where I can find out what is wrong with my machine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well you're here at PachiTalk, which I would say is the best place to get help and advice with your model.

If you are working through the advice already given and have properly done the full reset and cleaned all the sensors, then you may need to post some pics of the insides of your machine, so members can see the hopper area etc, as this is an older Pachislo and the parts set up may be a little different to more modern models.

I'm sure the members here will do their best to assist you with further trouble shooting advice

Angie ...

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am curious. Most of my machines can be set not to build up 50 credits in them before paying out. Have you tried setting your machine this way to see how it reacts?
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The thing is, the motor turns to payout, then it goes hopper empty error, So either

The tokens aren't triggering the sensor,
    The sensor is faulty,
    The wiring from the sensor is faulty,
    or the processor is caput.

Doesn't matter when it pays out the result will be the same.
    Ian #UKPachinko

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had the same problem with a Tekken machine I purchased. It would payout one token, then I'd get a "HE" error code. The problem was a bad sensor. Unable to purchase only the sensor, I had to buy a new hopper. I got the hopper from Stealth Home Amusements. Slot Machines for sale, Pachislo, buy slot machine, Pachislo Slot Machine, Wholesale Slot Machines , Pachinko, Tokens, Stealth Home Amusement

You can call and talk to John, and see if he can help. Getting parts is not an easy thing to do. Reason being, they didn't make spare parts. If a machine had a problem in the Parlor it would just be replaced with another machine. The machines could only stay in a Parlor for a max. of 2 years and then had to be replaced with a newer machine. So these machines are considered "throw aways", and we are the aftermarket. So the only parts are what can be salvaged from other similar machines.

Posting pictures is a "MUST" if you need a part. Show the part you need at several different angles and what the connections look like. The more and better the picture. The better the chance you will have to find a part. You can't really go by numbers. Different manufactures used the same parts, but used their own numbers.

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast