Thread: FS: Maruhon and Okumura-Yuki machines + balls

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default FS: Maruhon and Okumura-Yuki machines + balls

Hi there, I know little about Pachinko machines in general, but I've been given a couple by a friend and would like to sell them. From what I can tell the Okumura-Yuki is newer and in better condition (I'm assuming its newer since it seems to have electrical in it), and I got it to at least let me play a bit. I imagine cleaning and minor repairs are necessary. The other is a Maruhon which is a bit more roughed up, definitely needs cleaning/polishing, and there's a piece that seems to be broken on the back that poops the balls out when you put them in the top. So more work on that one. And of course a basket of Pachinko balls. I'm open to offers, or advice on the best place to sell them. Please refer to the photos below. Thanks! -AnthonyPachinko_balls01.jpgMaruhon_01.jpgMaruhon_02.jpgMaruhon_03.jpgMaruhon_05.jpgohumura-yuki_01.jpgohumura-yuki_02.jpgohumura-yuki_03.jpgohumura-yuki_05.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: FS: Maruhon and Okumura-Yuki machines + balls

Welcome to PachiTalk!

I would say probably your best bet for selling the machines would be on Craigslist. This way you could deal locally and not have to worry about packing and shipping. The balls you have look to be in pretty bad shape. I really wouldn't recommend using those. In their present condition, I would guess somewhere between $25 - $40 each for the machines. If you wanted to take the time to clean them up a bit and get everything working you could probably get a little more.

There are a lot of great threads on here for fixing up those machines and you have one of the most helpful groups of people you will ever meet here to help with sorting out problems on the machines.

Best of luck with the sale.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to pachitalk

What you have is a 1974 Maruhon (Pegs) Pegs is the name of the theme. And about a 1976-77 Okumara-Yuki Monako (Birds)

Your maruhon needs a lot of love. It has a massive ball jam that is best fixed by removing the back, also you have cracking and broke plastic on the back (also looks faded) Someone has yanked all the electronics off (just some wire and light bulbs) Also it is hard to say if the track cover is there or not.

As for your Okumara-Yuki Monako has some rough chrome on the front, don't know if that could be fixed. Can you post a whole pic of the back on that one? I'll be able to tell you everything that might be wrong.

The best place to sell them... well if you don't want to deal with shipping sell them on Craigslist. If you want to deal with shipping and listing each one individually try Ebay. (won't be able to sell both as a lot on ebay, cost too much to ship.)

As for price... Maruhon looking around $25-35 if your lucky (it is basically for parts). The Okumara-Yuki Monako you might be able to get $35-45 (the back is the killer though). But then again I tend to price things a little low.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max

100 machines and counting...

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey guys! Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. I'd love to repair and refinish the machines, as I love machinery and retro games, but I have a bit more on my plate than I can manage currently. I'll give Craigslist a try and see what happens. Ebay seems almost silly due to the shipping, but hey, if someone wants to cover the cost... Thanks again guys, I'll letcha know what happens!

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to antsin3d

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like ya got your questions answered..

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead