Thread: Newbie looking for help. Jackpot stuck?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie looking for help. Jackpot stuck?

Hello, first off, thank you all for the help already. I've been trolling on here for a couple weeks as I worked a trade with a guy for the machine I received. I have a few questions I hope some of you can help with.

1. When I plugged the machine in, it worked with quarters. I also noticed there was one token within the machine. Could it be that it works with both?

2. I'll post a couple photos of my machine...but, the jist is, I plugged it in and it worked. My daughter played and it won and started kicking coins out, but the hopper was empty (it was also kinda loud at the time, so we unplugged as my other kid was in bed) Anyway, as I plugged it back in it kept up with the same noise. I tried loading more coins in, it just kicks them out and keeps up with the noise/hopper spinning. I looked up some of the help forums and guides, but I don't seem to have much luck finding matching buttons, etc. I did notice at the bottom of the machine near the reset button there is a key slot, but I don't have that key? I also attached a photo of a plastic type key that was on the ring that came with it. Any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. As I want to understand how to quickly reset if need be.photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpg

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Capncyclone

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Newbie looking for help. Jackpot stuck?

Hello

Sorry i'm probably going to ramble all over the place here, my firefox browser just crashed twice and didn't save where i was up to. Oh well, I'll try again,

Hopefully one of our more technically minded members can assist, but in the meantime, here is what I would do

Firstly the 'HE' error code showing, I believe, means the Hopper is empty, so you need to refill the hopper with tokens

You will probably also need to do a FULL reset of the machine, here is a link to a post that explains how to:

error help!!!

Regarding 'Currency' and tokens, my usual reply is that these machines were designed and built for the Japanese market and to be operated solely on tokens,

However, I will just add that I suspect there were some machines way back that may have been 'officially' converted for ships? (there was a thread many years ago discussing it) as well as players trying to convert their own machines, (obviously not something we recommend or discuss)

Your Model looks like 'Century 21' and it doesn't show in our Research Centre, but I have found info to suggest it was made around 1989 by Mizuho

Perhaps another member will have some more machine specific info for you

In the meantime,

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie looking for help. Jackpot stuck?

Thanks for the info. I had actually stumbled onto that link you posted before. My question is, in this step "1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key." Is that the key switch that is located at the bottom (in one of the photos I posted)? If so, I do not have that key. Would I be stuck until I found a key for that?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, one more thing. I figured the "HE" mean hopper empty. I'm in an odd spot...I have ONE token that came with it, but since I need to reset it, I can't tell if it will take the token as opposed to quarters. I'd like to order 500 to fill the hopper, but if they don't work, then I'm stuck with them. Kind of a "chicken/egg" situation I guess...but if I could get it reset at least I could see if it takes tokens. GRRRR..it was so fun for the 15 minutes before my daughter hit the jackpot!

One more...the key switch in the middle on the front, what does that do when turned to the right (when it is turned up the key can come out?) I gather the top key slot opens the main door and also the top (to reload tokens).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello again

The key switch on the front could be a soft reset switch?

On some models they can be located on the front, but I don't have one of these models myself to check

I was hoping one of our more technically minded Pachi enthusiasts would be able to offer you some advice

If the reset switch is inside the machine, and you do not have the correct key, then it can be replaced with a 'toggle switch', there are posts to explain how to do that, I'll pop back with a link when I locate it

In the meantime, here is a link to a PDF version of a general Pachislo Operations Guide, it does have some good info and also towards the end there are some manufacturer specific details, whilst I have had a quick look and can't see mizuho there, you may be able to identify a similar one??

http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...ion_Manual.pdf

You may find it useful to print off and keep with your machine

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any idea if that little black thing attached to my key is anything of value? At first I thought it was a broken keyring, but it looks like it serve a purpose, just not sure what that purpose is. photo 5.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1. When I plugged the machine in, it worked with quarters. I also noticed there was one token within the machine. Could it be that it works with both?

Yes, depending how your coin mechanism is modified.

I also attached a photo of a plastic type key that was on the ring that came with it.

Sorry, I have no clue. I've seen a lot of different keys for these machines, but nothing like that one.

Anyway, as I plugged it back in it kept up with the same noise. I tried loading more coins in, it just kicks them out and keeps up with the noise/hopper spinning.

Your machine is an older machine and really haven't dealt with one that is set up as yours is. With that said, basically all of these machines operate in the same manner, just the parts different.

Normally when your hopper runs out of tokens a error code, (HE), will be displayed in one of the windows on the front of the machine. So you would only need to do a "Soft Reset" of the machine. You would open the machine and add tokens, close the door, then turn the door key to the left to reset the "HE" error code. The hopper would pay out what tokens were owed and the machine is now ready to continue play, where you left off, with no credits lost.

On some machines you would have to push the reset button instead of using the door key to clear the error code. This may be the case on yours. I really don't know.

From your pictures, it looks as if your reset button is on the lower power supply unit, next to the keyed switch. That button is most likely a reset button and a odds changing button.

As I want to understand how to quickly reset if need be

A "Hard Reset" of the machine should clear any error code. A hard reset will clear the machine, the credit meter will go to Zero, the hopper will not be trying to pay out, just deposit tokens to start playing again. Hanabi, has previously provided a link on how to do a "Hard/Full Reset" of your machine. Please read it.

If you don't have a reset key you will have to replace the keyed switch with a toggle switch.

Here's some information on how to do it. It's really pretty easy to do. Also I captioned some of your pictures to show, what I believe, the locations of your switches and reset button.

reset key.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 2.jpg

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Wayne-0oo!

I did end up getting a toggle switch last night at Radio Shack...got it installed. That did stop what was happening. Kind of nervous one of my tools put a minor scrape on the circuit board, but it still fired up, etc. Darn small spaces/big hands!

I also made the mistake of not taking a good photo before. I noticed a wire harness that was "hanging in the wind" on the top side of the power supply and a place it could go, with two other places next to it that had a piece of tape over them. I may post a photo later to see if anyone knows if that should be attached (fell off when I pulled the power supply) or if it is one of those things that was never attached. Doh!

I didn't have much time to mess this morning, but it now won't register a coin or token when I pass one though? It is flashing "insert medal" and it just drops right back to the coin dish. Hmmm...any suggestions?

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Capncyclone

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Please open the unit and post pics of the inside coin mech and harness you are talking about thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rockston View Post
    Please open the unit and post pics of the inside coin mech and harness you are talking about thanks
    Will do tonight after work. Thank you all, again. Very helpful. Kinda stinks...for about 10 minutes when I first got it I had the time of my life playing it...darn 3 year old daughter hitting jackpot!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did get a switch installed and followed the instructions as listed and it appears like i am able to set the payout, etc.

The coins/tokens fall right through still. As requested, here are the photos of the coin mech as well as the wire that I'm not sure about (needing plugged in or not) it is on the top of the power supply. There is a little green button on the coin mech that when pressed lights up, but I don't see anything else happening.

coin mech.JPGcoin mech2.JPGcoinmechback.JPGwire.jpeg
    Last edited by Capncyclone; 12-13-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now that I have re-read this thread, the machine was working until a jackpot was hit so it looks like this is a reset issue. make sure of this, the state of the switch should be open (off) for reset and then closed (on) when done.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rockston View Post
    Now that I have re-read this thread, the machine was working until a jackpot was hit so it looks like this is a reset issue. make sure of this, the state of the switch should be open (off) for reset and then closed (on) when done.
    Which switch? When I turned it on last, I had the main power off, toggle switch on the power on, then powered it on, then did reset procedures listed. Are you talking about the turn key on the very front of the machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Capncyclone View Post
    Which switch? When I turned it on last, I had the main power off, toggle switch on the power on, then powered it on, then did reset procedures listed. Are you talking about the turn key on the very front of the machine?

I was assuming you just replaced the keyed switch on the power supply with a toggle switch, if you didn't disregard my previous post

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a plate on the back of the coin mechanism, that is pulled in by a magnet. This is what keeps the tokens from falling into the coin tray and going into the hopper. During the last step of the reset process you should hear it being pulled in, kind of a "click sound". If not, then the reset was done incorrect.

Each step in the reset process must be done exactly, or the machine does not reset.

If you know for sure that you did the reset correct and the plate is still not being pulled in, then you should check to see if there is any voltage it the magnet, from your photo it looks like two red wires. If there is voltage then your magnet is bad, if there is no voltage then there is a connection problem.

I captioned your photo to show the magnet and plate.

coinmechback.JPG
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've reset several times but not getting the click of the coin mech magnet. I'll have to have a buddy with a volt meter check for me.

and I assume that click also is what registers the token going through, thus giving credit? I ask as I wasn't sure if there was an easy way to add credit to test if the reels would turn.

If there is not power to the magnet, aside from checking all connections, any other advice?

Yoi all have been very helpful. Still ticked it worked when I got it now this!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update. Made SOME progress. The reset procedure seems to go through the motions, but still not reading coins. I need to get a volt meter to test. Well, I unhooked the wire harnesses and reattached them and the machine started working. I may have some bad connections I need to clean and test. Good I saw some life back in the machine...bad, a tedious task.

24. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Capncyclone