Thread: New Pin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Pin

Been looking for a Jacks Open but preferably the add a ball version, Lucky Hand since I've been into pins. Finally scored one and is the first 3" flipper pin I've owned. Very cool gameplay in that a light advances to tell you which of the drop targets to go for with the targets resetting after each completion. First its two Jacks then three Queens, etc. Once the rare royal flush is made the WOW (xtra ball) light comes on and only the royal flush cards reset. Knocking one of those down yields an xtra ball. There's more to the game play and other ways to win more balls but that's the main idea. Great artwork by Gordon Morrison, who also did the art on the Dimension which is to the right and farther back but can be zoomed in on.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Pin

Very cool... glad to see you have some wedge heads. I have a 64 World's Fair... just gave it a tune-up. Cleaned all the contacts and such after some "bugs" started showing - I love these things.
    Woof!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nothing like EM pins and its good to see another member with some wedgeheads as well. I could go on about them but I'll spare the forum. Anyway, Ive never played a Worlds Fair but I consistently hear good things about that one.
    Few more pics:

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very nice looking. Used to have room for some pins but no longer. I guess I would say I sure do like the older ones instead of the new ones. Was always a fan of the card games,
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I used to be just jealous...

now I'm GREEN with envy.

Have played this one many times when I was a kid... ate all the 10 cent pieces I could collect (which I stole from behind the couch at my Nanna's place where she hid them).
    There is always another machine around the corner...

10. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    Very nice looking. Used to have room for some pins but no longer. I guess I would say I sure do like the older ones instead of the new ones. Was always a fan of the card games,
    Same here. Love card themed pins and the older EM ones. This was one of the last pins from Gottlieb before they switched to solid state. In fact it was one of the EM last pins produced at all since Gottlieb was the last to change to SS. Interestingly the replay version Jacks Open, was so popular that it was reintroduced in '84 but of course as a solid state machine.
    Plenty of modern pins in bars here in Portland and they're lots of fun but don't have the appeal, artwork, and charm of the old EMs.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice toys.

I could probably find room for Bank A Ball and perhaps a Kings & Queens.

For now, I'll have to settle for my upside-down wedgeheads - Skill Pool and Soccer.
    "Knowledge is good." - Emil Faber

13. The following user says "Thanks" to ballsofsteel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent machine! I have actually played one of those before and it is great! Your collection just keeps getting better and better.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Love the theme!!! Great looking pinball machine.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Correction to the original post. All royal flush cards must be knocked down to win an extra ball. Woulda been too easy to just have to hit one of the targets.
    Complete gameplay:
    Top rollovers (spade, heart, diamond, club) will give an extra ball when all are made which also advances the "shoot for X card hand" light. Also, the xtra ball light under each top rollover jumps from place to place each time the center pop bumper is hit. Top left rollover lights left yellow 1110 point lights and right rollover lights right ones. Center pop bumper also alternates the green 5000 point light on either side of the playfield.

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow! What a beautiful pin you have and in such great condition! I didn't notice the backglass flaked at all, such a big ++++.

I love it! Especially the two outlanes, how the ball strikes the small rubber to deflect either to the flipper or the drain. Fantastic! I'm a big fan of drop targets. About the "Previous High Score" window on the back glass. Does this have digits in the light box or is it a user write-in thingy or how does that work?
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

21. The following user says "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, and I also find a blend of pachinko's and pinball make an excellent variety for parties. I don't know which ones gets more attention. I'm glad to see others with the variety of machine types!
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, drop targets are a blast. Those rubbered outlane posts can save the ball or lose it. I think those are there to both help and frustrate the player. The key to this game is shooting the specific targets that the machine tells you to shoot which change as you advance. So this means lots of flipper work to get the ball just where you want it for an accurate shot. If you're too aggressive then the ball can roll back, away from the flipper and out the gap. Always challenging and having specific things to shoot for is always fun. It's really cool once you complete the royal flush to see all the remaining drop targets disappear and then only the royal flush cards come back up to allow you to try and win a ball. Always amazes me what those engineers did with just a score motor and relays.
    The "previous high score" window is made so that you can write on it with a sharpie or whatever and can be erased with alcohol. These windows are on add a ball machines (which are my favorite) but not on replay pins for some reason. Although I don't know if that's universal.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog