Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another Sankyo Wanted Problem

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another Sankyo Wanted Problem

Did it pay out with the cel disconnected?
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I disconnected all the wires in my first photo. I wasnt sure what wires controlled what?
    Any idea which is the power line vs normal connections?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can't see much on the iPod. Will look on the pc when I can
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The board in the fourth photo (img_1117.jpg) is the payout control board. There are a number of connectors along the top of the board. Unplug the first one, then power up the machine with the connector unplugged. Note if anything is not working, whether the 7-segment error code LED on the board shows anything different and whether it is still paying out as before. Power the machine back off and reconnect the connector. Next unplug the second connector and repeat the above. Keep going until you've tried the machine powered up with each individual connector disconnected, and then report back your findings.

From what I can see in the photo, the first connector is likely to be the power to the payout control board, so you probably won't get any payouts or anything on the error code LED, and you might get errors shown on the main display.
    The second looks like the comms from the main control board to the payout control board. You might get errors shown, but it's important to check to see if there are any payouts happening with this one disconnected.

The small two wire connectors probably go to sensors (out of balls/lower tray full etc), these are likely to change the error code display (note down what number is displayed). The orange one should go to the payout motor, and the big white one on the right hand side goes to the credit display and buttons on the front tray.

If you can get a clear photo of the Japanese writing on the back that shows the Error code numbers and their meanings, that would help a lot as well, as I'm not sure if the codes are the same on this frame as on the other Sankyo machines.

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think, I might have what you need to get this machine working.

I'll PM you.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have my Wanted back home from the office(Bruce Lee took its place), so let me know if you if you need me to do any checks or pics to compare. Hope you get it working soon
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

10. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    The board in the fourth photo (img_1117.jpg) is the payout control board. There are a number of connectors along the top of the board. Unplug the first one, then power up the machine with the connector unplugged. Note if anything is not working, whether the 7-segment error code LED on the board shows anything different and whether it is still paying out as before. Power the machine back off and reconnect the connector. Next unplug the second connector and repeat the above. Keep going until you've tried the machine powered up with each individual connector disconnected, and then report back your findings.

From what I can see in the photo, the first connector is likely to be the power to the payout control board, so you probably won't get any payouts or anything on the error code LED, and you might get errors shown on the main display.
    The second looks like the comms from the main control board to the payout control board. You might get errors shown, but it's important to check to see if there are any payouts happening with this one disconnected.

The small two wire connectors probably go to sensors (out of balls/lower tray full etc), these are likely to change the error code display (note down what number is displayed). The orange one should go to the payout motor, and the big white one on the right hand side goes to the credit display and buttons on the front tray.

If you can get a clear photo of the Japanese writing on the back that shows the Error code numbers and their meanings, that would help a lot as well, as I'm not sure if the codes are the same on this frame as on the other Sankyo machines.
    Thanks Daverob!
    Big Thanks to Wayne-Ooo , he sent me an extra payout motor and payout board, but nothing has changed except
    its back to paying out 25 balls.
    I started by unplugging wires one at a time like you suggested. The long brown cable stopped all payouts. The second white cable in, stopped payouts and error 2 code. The first white cable stopped payouts and turned the display off on the error codes.

I'm getting ready to push Wanted off a big cliff...
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The following user says "Thanks" to millermaster1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't give up. Sounds like you are making progress and I have heard it is a great machine.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by millermaster1 View Post
    Big Thanks to Wayne-Ooo , he sent me an extra payout motor and payout board, but nothing has changed except
    its back to paying out 25 balls.
    That's a bit annoying, as I was sure it would have to be a payout board fault to be paying out 25 balls, as all the cell signals are for smaller quantity payouts.

I started by unplugging wires one at a time like you suggested. The long brown cable stopped all payouts. The second white cable in, stopped payouts and error 2 code. The first white cable stopped payouts and turned the display off on the error codes.
    That's pretty much what I expected from those cables, Error code 2 is for the 'Prize Ball Payout Count Switch Jam' so I'd expect it would have been unplugged on that connector.

What exactly is shown on the error code display in 'normal' operation, is it a '-' or a '0' ? I think '-' is normal for this machine as '0' is listed as an error. There's a few Kanji on that error code sticker that I'm not familiar with, but for '0' the first two are 'Prize Ball' and the last two are 'Abnormality'

Quick translation (from memory!) of the rest...

0 - Prize Ball (something) abnormality
    1 - Loan Ball (something) abnormality
    2 - Ball Jam at Prize Ball Count Switch
    3 - Ball Jam at Loan Ball Count Switch
    4 - Payout Motor problem
    5 - Prepaid Card Unit (ie Dongle) not connected
    6 - Prepaid Card Unit abnormality
    7 - Out of Balls / Front Tray Full

I guess that the next step in fault diagnosis is to go down to cell level and disconnect the pocket payout sensors, just in case one of them is randomly triggering a payout. I would expect an error or alarm if one if they are disconnected for a long period of time (they are effectively normally closed switches, so if one is unplugged it would be the equivalent of a ball stuck in the sensor).

I might not be around to reply for the next day or two, going to be working a double shift over new years, so will asleep or working for the next 48 hours.

16. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post

What exactly is shown on the error code display in 'normal' operation, is it a '-' or a '0' ? I think '-' is normal for this machine as '0' is listed as an error. There's a few Kanji on that error code sticker that I'm not familiar with, but for '0' the first two are 'Prize Ball' and the last two are 'Abnormality'

Quick translation (from memory!) of the rest...

0 - Prize Ball (something) abnormality
    1 - Loan Ball (something) abnormality
    2 - Ball Jam at Prize Ball Count Switch
    3 - Ball Jam at Loan Ball Count Switch
    4 - Payout Motor problem
    5 - Prepaid Card Unit (ie Dongle) not connected
    6 - Prepaid Card Unit abnormality
    7 - Out of Balls / Front Tray Full

I guess that the next step in fault diagnosis is to go down to cell level and disconnect the pocket payout sensors, just in case one of them is randomly triggering a payout. I would expect an error or alarm if one if they are disconnected for a long period of time (they are effectively normally closed switches, so if one is unplugged it would be the equivalent of a ball stuck in the sensor).

I might not be around to reply for the next day or two, going to be working a double shift over new years, so will asleep or working for the next 48 hours.
    Hey, sorry for the long delay...bad news, It is a "0" error code If you have any more suggestions, I'm willing to try. How do I locate the pocket payout sensors?
    Wanted is still for sale, if anyone wants a project game you can have it for $60 no balls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pocket payout sensors look something like this image.jpg

it will have two wires attached to it. Check them with a ohmmeter. High # with ball passing thru, low # (or zero) with nothing there. If the wires are busted, or if connector is unplugged... There's your problem.

They say OMRON (the manufacturer)
    Woof!

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chumsize View Post

it will have two wires attached to it. Check them with a ohmmeter. High # with ball passing thru, low # (or zero) with nothing there. If the wires are busted, or if connector is unplugged... There's your problem.

note... I did have one machine, Sankyo Fever Powerful Wide - similar vintage - where switches were normally open. So you may be looking for the opposite. Actually unplugging them one by one after you verify that they are normally open would identify the bad switch.
    Woof!

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chumsize View Post

Hey Chumsize, do you have a recommendation on how to check? Do i remove the cell and check for voltage? Can it be done from the front, without removing anything?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In the case of my machine I was able to do it without removing the cell. I found a few wire pairs running from behind the board to 2x1 connectors on the main logic board. Traced those to the pockets as best as I could, and one by one removed them and connected them to my multimeter using a couple pieces of 24 gauge wire slid into the connectors. As luck would have it, I found the bad one first try. Then I had to remove that pocket from the cell front and fix the sensor. Luckily it was just a broken wire near the pocket and not a broken sensor. Splice fixed it.

At any rate, testing one that works will at least tell you if your machine uses normally open or normally closed sensors.
    Woof!

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for the late response MM - here are pics of my Wanted wiring/connectors on the rear. Hope this helps you out. Feel free to PM me anytime you need something in case I miss a thread.

Wanted wiring 1.jpgWanted wiring 2.jpgWanted wiring 3.jpgWanted wiring 4.jpg
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wayne-ooo had sent me his payout motor and board, but his was wired where he didn't need a dongle. I switched it back to my old board and motor where I needed a dongle, but still no luck. I messed around with different dongle's and went through all the wires again...
    I think Wanted may be going to the gun range and not coming home!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Send me the LCD screen before you do that. Mine has a burn spot on it.

Quote Originally Posted by millermaster1 View Post
    Wayne-ooo had sent me his payout motor and board, but his was wired where he didn't need a dongle. I switched it back to my old board and motor where I needed a dongle, but still no luck. I messed around with different dongle's and went through all the wires again...
    I think Wanted may be going to the gun range and not coming home!!!

29. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hopefully you'll be able to get it fixed, but if you decide to part it out, I could use a few things.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

31. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ever tried seeing if it was just shut down with a truckload of payouts pending? Run a couple thousand balls thru it... Maybe it will stop??? Tho shouldn't a reset clear those?
    Woof!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have reset the game many times with no luck.
    I originally thought the same thing, trying to catch up on payouts. But, the speed it pays outs and the time in between payouts is not a normal pace. The payout almost is in slow motion, one ball at a time.
    I thought for sure the motor on the payout mech was just going, but I've eliminated that as a problem.
    I'm going to try and remove the cell and reinstall everything one more time, than I will part her out for everybody. Just PM what your looking for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast