Thread: Looking for UK Pachinko/Pachislo collectors to exhibit at REVIVAL 2013!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Looking for UK Pachinko/Pachislo collectors to exhibit at REVIVAL 2013!

Hi guysThis is Craig Turner here from Turnarcades Custom Arcade Machines in the UK.Although I've never really had opportunity to meet and greet any of youguys in person or had much experience with Pachinkos myself, a colleague of mine has been here in the past as there is obviously a lot of interest in the scene.Some of you interested in other arcade gaming or the retro gaming online scene may have heard through the grapevine that me and Chris Wilkins(Retro Fusion magazine) are hosting a large-scale, dedicated retro eventcalled REVIVAL 2013 on 18-19 May 2013 at Wolverhampton Racecourse, WestMidlands. Chris has lots of experience hosting early shows (including Retro Ball 2005 which featured a fair selection of Pachinkos) and this showwe have both agreed will be large scale and have a mainly arcade focus, totry and get the most arcade machines in one event that's been seen in theUK. We already have the video game side of things covered and massivecommunity support and exhibit donations from the top communities, but sofar have not had opportunity to seek out pachinko machine communitypresence or pledges, as Chris' last UK contact went offline some time ago. We've spoken and would very much like to see as many machines as we can at our show, so are looking for UK-based Pachinko collectors who may like to support our show and attend with a selection of your community's machines I'm sure arcade enthusiasts would really enjoy!I'd say the best thing to do is have a look at the websitewww.revivalretroevents.com and see if this is a show you'd like to attend, or if you know of any UK collectors who could help us with this, then drop us a message back here with some conditions, quantities etc. ifyou are, so we can look at what will fit in the space we have available.Look forward to hearing from you guys.CheersCraig Turner (Turnarcades)Revival Retro Events

Respond via Private Message (PM)
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 11-26-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Removed email address per site rules. ;)

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Turnarcades

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Looking for UK Pachinko/Pachislo collectors to exhibit at REVIVAL 2013!

Interesting idea. I've lent machines out before. Although it does it me some concerns. Pachi's aren't like normal pinball tables. You can't put them on free play and the balls aren't self contained. They are loose. And would need constant supervision. Emptying spent balls, refilling front trays and rear ball tank. There are some cyclic machines that solve the problem. But as to how many in the UK or in people's collection. I don't know
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Looking for UK Pachinko/Pachislo collectors to exhibit at REVIVAL 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Interesting idea. I've lent machines out before. Although it does it me some concerns. Pachi's aren't like normal pinball tables. You can't put them on free play and the balls aren't self contained. They are loose. And would need constant supervision. Emptying spent balls, refilling front trays and rear ball tank. There are some cyclic machines that solve the problem. But as to how many in the UK or in people's collection. I don't know
    We are aware of the supervision they will require as Chris was lent a batch of about 8 machines previously for an event back in 2005 and 2008, from a site that has unfortunately now disappeared (Pachinko World), which you can see here in a very brief video of them here: , but thanks for the advice. Any exhibitors would be allowed free entry to supervise of course, and we will have mingling staff to help with the event and support any exhibitors when they need it, so they aren't glued to their stands or having to watch over their possessions constantly. Transport will be covered for the machines of course and they are welcome to bring a helper, so there is little risk and will give this typically Japanese gaming culture device a new audience.

There must still be several UK collectors out there, and if anything I would imagine they will be amongst this forum. Even if it's just one or two, we'd really like to see some there so if any of you forum regulars know of any UK members here, could you maybe bring this post to their attention please?

Much appreciated.