Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hello, New to the Hobby- Got My First Pachinko Machine! A few Pics, A few ?'s...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hello, New to the Hobby- Got My First Pachinko Machine! A few Pics, A few ?'

some lights may only light up during a feaver round..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hello, New to the Hobby- Got My First Pachinko Machine! A few Pics, A few ?'

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    Here's a picture of the lever and the upper door open to access the light bulbs.

Attachment 61272Attachment 61273
    THANK YOU WAYNE!!!

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for!
    I couldn't find that lever at first and think I was trying to push it up and when it didn't budge thought I had the wrong one.

But appreciate that pic, when I saw it and realized that it was marked with paint, I pushed it down and RELEASE! Thanks Again Wayne, I was thinking I would have to start unscrewing every screw attached to the front lol!

Time to check the bulbs!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    some lights may only light up during a feaver round..
    Thanks will keep that in mind. The ones I know for sure are supposed to be lit were lit when I first turned on the gsame but (both bulbs) went out the last time I powered it up. Hmmm...hope its not a bigger issue than bulb changing. WIll report back when I change some bulbs.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok so finally figured it out...though it was burnt bulbs but was not (and even if they I would not know where to get these bulbs anyways!) But I found that the bulbs as indicators of how low the balls are in the back (payout balls) .

When the back balls are almost emty one of the light turns on and when they are out the other light turns on!

I assume all the other lights then are what moparformances was talking about as only coming on during frenzy,

Good new is I leanrd more today on how to open that front panel! and about some of the lights!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

7. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

9. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow thanks compirate...I just wrote those bulbs as only being found in Japan and would only be able to find from a parted out machine! Man you guys are on this!

Thanks for that link...bookmarked for sure !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    A picture is worth a thousand words and this is true... Thanks for that explanation...more accurate than my previous pic or explanation.

I am really digging this information... So much to learn jumping into a new hobby and appreciate the patience and all of you giving your input and answers!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK...so this one I think is more complicated but I am going to throw this out there in case this is yet something else which can be fixed or something you guys have seen before.
    Appreciate all the help so far so thanks for any input in advance!

2 Issues with 2 different 'ball sensors'
    -A) I have a damaged 'ball sensor' which also might be a board issue as well as I switched the sensor with a different working one and it still does not work. It is the ball sensor indicated on the left

-B) The other ball sensor is completely missing and the wiring is gone too. Even if I were to find the sensor, where would I plug it into???all slots looked filled from the sensor board shown below. This lack of sensor is indicated on the right.

I looked online and could not find this sensor. Only distributors in Japan?
    Part TL-PP153
    Anyone know where to buy this?

OK Here is what I have done to try and troubleshoot the broken sensor/bad board.

Bad sensor is connected to the small brown receptacle (it looks crooked because I broke the housing of it, trying to get it off, but the leads still fit snugly into the cable.
    I replaced with a working good sensor and still no luck.
    I also tried moving the orange known working sensor plug (to the right) into the bad one (brown) on the board and it still would not register a ball once switched.

I used a DMM continuity test to determine there was continuity from the 2 prongs on the bad sensor receptacle (small brown) to the long brown connector. (I think it was pin 1 and 4). That tested good so no easy fix for a cracked solder joint.

I then followed where the wires went from the long brown conenctor to the a large (main?) pcb.

wide shot of the pcb:

and from here I am stuck and do not know what to look for.

So even if I could find or bought a new ball sensor, that would not fix this problem..any idea where to look?

And for the missing sensor mentioned earlier.. if I did find a sensor and wiring (anyone know where to find this?)...where would I plug that into?

Thanks for any input. It seems Pachinko parts are harder to find for repair, or do you just have to know where to go?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Pincade; 11-24-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, you don't have a problem!

The left pocket,(that says "GO" on it), should have a sensor in it. The right pocket doesn't have a sensor.

Yes, I know the right one looks as if it's missing the sensor but this game is designed this way.

These pockets pay no balls, but is what opens the the yellow "butterfly" arms on the Start Pocket. It is part of the gameplay to put a ball in the one that says "GO". You ask, How do I know this? I own this machine. I also have other machines that are the same way. The left one has a sensor and the right one doesn't.

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow I would have never even come close to guessing that! And every time a ball goes through these I thought it was broken/missing sensor lol! Quirky but glad to hear that it's not broken! I think I am 3 for 3 on thinking something is wrong when it is not! Thank you for all this!

Ok so last question (for now anyways!) and I think I can just play my machine in peace knowing everything is OK!

Here is a pic of the 'Go' sensor...it does not have a 'tab' like all the other sensors. You can't tell by this pic or the one earlier in the thread (TL-PP153 pic) but where the tab is usually it looks like it broke off.

So does your 'Go' have no tab like this?

Or does it have a tab like the other sensors like this:

Hopefully your 'Go' sensor looks like mine and I can stop meddling with theese pachinko parts (though I am learning alot by doing so and getting answers to my dumb questions!)!

I tried manually putting balls into the 'Go' with the reels spinning and only sometimes would the butterfly gates open. Hope that's all part of gameplay and not intermittent sensing.

So what do you think Wayne, how does your 'Go' sensor look on yours? (fingers crossed it looks and works the same!)

Thanks again and appreciate it as usual!!!
    Last edited by Pincade; 11-25-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My "GO" sensor looks exactly like yours, no tab.

The other sensors do have the tab, as yours do.

When a ball passes the "GO" sensor the butterfly does not immediately open. If I remember, it's like every 30 seconds it will open for a few seconds then close. But lets say you get 3 or 4 balls down the "GO" sensor and the butterfly hasn't even opened yet from your first ball that has gone in.

All your "GO" hits are stored,(up to 4), and displayed by lights at the bottom of the play field, just to the right of the lost ball hole.

Here's a picture.

Img_3342.jpg

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are awesome Wayne plain and simple THANK YOU!

Sure enough I tested out the Go and yes it opens the butterlfy gates about every 30 seconds like you said. Again I would have never thought of the Go/Butterfly/30 sec delay correclation without you!

You have saved me hours of trying to figure out problems which don't exist lol! Thanks Wayne coming into this forum and into this hobby like this is a fantastic start!

I am really liking this whole pachinko hobby so far! I am getting into this one I have and starting to look around for maybe another...one of those crazy ones with the LCD screens and light shows comparable to fireworks at Disneyland!

Contacted a few vendors whose namse I have read through here and heard back from Frank at Custom Pachinko who responded first and fast!
    I have not heard back from Dragonfly amusements, Blue Hotaru, & 5brotherstrading for a few days...hopefully they will get in contact next week (thanksgivin holidays and all , though I think dragonfly is in the Netherlands and 5 bros in Japan?).

Anyways thanks all and especially Wayne for all the welcomes and amazing help for this newbie!

Hopefully I can contribute (at least a review) if/when I get a new machine in!

Thanks!

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Pincade

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Hello, New to the Hobby- Got My First Pachinko Machine! A few Pics, A few ?'

Here's an old post of mine that I thought might be helpful..

Sub Roulette

Each time a ball goes through the pass through pocket, then one of the 4 leds will light..those are stocked chances of getting the flippers around the main start pocket to open for less than a second, theoretically giving you a better chance to get a ball in the start pocket for a spin..there is usually also 2 symbols somewhere on the play field or on the screen that are usually an X and an O that will flash back and forth and then stop on one of them..if it stops on the right symbol then the flippers will open..if it stops on the other symbol then they won't open..Then if you have anymore stocked it will start again!!

On some pachinkos it will always stop on the winning symbol and on others it rarely does..like on Star Wars!!

It is often referred to as the 'sub roulette' on these forums!!

I hope I explained that ok...Its a feature on most modern pachinkos!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

21. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh. For information. The omron ball sensors used on some sankyo machines don't work like an on/off switch. There is a drop in resistance when a ball passes through. The processor detects the change. I guess it's quicker and more reliable when there is a quick succession of balls.
    Ian #UKPachinko

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks MrGneiss that makes sense know as I wondered what those x & o symbols were for! My Go bank indiactors are also located right under the x and o above the reel. Thanks for the clarification on that it makes more sense now!

Also makes sense on those omron ball sensors not having a tab...now I don' t need to think its broken every time I see one of those!

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Pincade

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Wayne or whoever else might know...I never got the key to this lock, so if I were to replace it do you know which lock I would look for and where to get it?

From what I understand not all locks are interchangable...

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like this:

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like a standared omron key used by most modern pachinko machines.

See if someone here has one, or check custompachinko or one of the other importers to see if they have a key you can buy. Or ebay.

You can remove the lock, open the top and remove the pins. then you can open it witha screwdriver or better a modified allan/hex key
    Ian #UKPachinko

29. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you, I think I found one from five bros.

It's not in a cabinet yet but hopefully will be in one soon.
    Thanks for the screwdriver trick !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast