Thread: Looking for arrangeball?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Looking for arrangeball?

The question mark in the title is because I'm not even sure what the machine I will described is called,
    For years in my teens ( late 70's ) we would hang at a game room and ice rink the fun machine, ( Orlando )
    Down one wall were what looked like what you are calling arrangball, to a degree,
    They were Pachinko types, coin operated, well in this case token, it was then like a coin op Pachinko but it gave you about 10-20 balls if I recall correctly,
    The balls would go into numbered pockets along the bottom edge this would light numbers in the middle like bingo and you scored, the win was paid in a different aluminum token to be traded for prizes.
    I have no idea what became of those games I dumped who knows how much $$$ into them,
    My questions are,
    What's the chance of finding one, the one you pay to play and win tokens? or just a reg one.
    What's the chance of it working ( I have a post about my computer pachinko not working and it would seem these would have a zillion more things to go wrong )
    Do the big dog collectors with many machines ever give the little guy with none a chance to get one? in other words is this all cut throat?
    What is the price range for these machines?
    Many thanks as this is one of those childhood things I would love to find again.
    Cheers,
    P.
    "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Looking for arrangeball?

What you are describing is an arrangeball. They do tend to be very sought after. I was fortunate enough to find one and got one heck of a deal on it. They do pop up from time to time. I know several members are always keeping a close eye on Craigslist and eBay to snag them. As with any machine condition can vary quite a bit. There was a recent thread from a member who found one on eBay but it was missing one of it's circuit boards.

Here is a link to the album of early pictures of mine when I first got it home:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/memb...ange-ball.html

If several members find an Arrangeball, the price can go up fairly quickly. It really just comes down to who wants it the most.

Good Luck looking for one. If you are able to get your hands on one, I am sure you will love it.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess you would say I have too many hobbies and interests,
    I learned from that is some circles camaraderie and friendship is paramount so some people who already have it will let the underdog without get something so they can share more,
    Sadly in other circles some people seem to still believe the silly "one who dies with most toys wins" bs.
    Hence bidding wars, cut throat etc etc.
    I have actually had a fellow not once but twice buy something out from under me, bragging he didn't want me to get it and he was more bucks up than me,
    Another time a fellow said he would make sure "IF" I got to buy it he would make sure I paid top dollar, okay yadayada, I live and learn and you get why I asked what I did, I just had a feeling here.
    The biggest problem I see finding one is people will just call them "Pachinko"
    I have used the arepachi in searches for over 5 years and only got hits on this website,

So are the coin op token payout about the rarest?
    You wouldn't happen to know of a picture of that type would you?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

forgot to ask,
    out of say 100 vintage pachinko how many are the arrangeball arepachi?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You're describing an arrangeball which uses tokens to start a game and pays out in tokens. The number of balls that stay contained in the machine is 16. An arepachi also has the numbered pockets but pays out in balls.
    Arrangeballs are rare and are snapped up quickly. Not many were made to begin with and many have fallen into disrepair or flat out dont work when you do find one. I restore them and have brought a few back from the dead to an as-new condition. Sometimes issues are simple and sometimes not so much. Probably 8-10 or so come up for sale in a year on Craigslist, eBay, and Yahoo Japan. And yes the price can climb quickly since they are very sought after. I'm an avid collector of them after playing one which caused me to quickly lose interest with "regular" vintage pachinkos. It's as others said, the person that wants one the most when one comes up is the person that will pay the most. I've paid quite a bit for a few of mine but have also paid well under a hundred for one. I've also passed some for sale to other members. Just depends on the model.
    You can check out the arrangeball forum where I've done a write up about these machines, click on my name to look at my albums, or the arrangeball owners group. For some reason my pics sometimes don't come up.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Trying to load some pics of a few of my arrangeballs. Tapatalk isnt letting me upload photos directly so here's some links.

9. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Few more:
    The Satomi Buffalo pictured is slowly undergoing a compete restoration but the time spent alternates between that and working on EM pinball projects.

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The pic below is the latest one I picked up and here's a link to one of several YouTube vids.
    Taiyo Electron Challenge Ball - YouTube

Last edited by emmadog; 11-19-2012 at 02:20 AM.

13. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The challenge with this one, emmadog, will be making it look as shweeeet as the rest of your lineup.

Something I'm sure you will achieve...

There is always another machine around the corner...

15. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Absolutely beautiful collection. Thank you for sharing.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you are looking at the different kinds / designs of arrangeball out there, I have an arrangeball with a mahjong theme, sadly only have the 1, but as far as I am aware, it is the only one in the UK I know of, so chances of finding another one are slim for me

Lots more pics in my album , including the 'ice cube' relays that everyone seems to like

Manufacturer: Fuji
    Pachinko Name: Pai Pai Gemu (Pai Pai Game)
    Year: 1973
    Type: Arrange Ball

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

19. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those relays are pretty cool.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
    The challenge with this one, emmadog, will be making it look as shweeeet as the rest of your lineup.

Something I'm sure you will achieve...

Dunno if I'll do anything to this one. In general, the ones that I do full or partial restorations on are the ones that need it. In particular is if the cosmetics are in really bad shape. This one looks to be in really good shape and the seller is the original owner and had it for over 30 years. It also works fine so there's a good chance I'll just leave it alone. I first have to finish the Satomi Buffalo restoration that I've been dragging my feet on. Plus the guy that I got this one from knows of another so I'll be checking that out to see if I want it and then if its a candidate for restoration. Usual story of lots of projects and so little time...
    Last edited by emmadog; 11-21-2012 at 04:01 PM.

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog