Thread: Two 1950's Pachinko Japanise Pin Ball Games - $60 modesto

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Two 1950's Pachinko Japanise Pin Ball Games - $60 (modesto)

These look real old and there is no glass or balls. Great to hang on the wall.
    Pachinko Japanise Pin Ball Games

Pachi1.jpgPachi2.jpgPachi3.jpg
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Two 1950's Pachinko Japanise Pin Ball Games - $60 (modesto)

Darn just a little too far away...

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Contacted seller, he is not opposed to shipping. In the name of simplicity, he will wait to see if any local interest. If no local sale, he has my email address.

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Contacted seller, he is not opposed to shipping.

Dibs on the first one!

Spoiler

100 machines and counting...

7. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The 1st one is cooler...I forgot how the name was spelled, seller told me on the phone...starts with an S. I believe the pic of the back is of the 1st one, due to the way the seesaw is made. It is very similar to my Comicgo. The tray on the front looks similar to Comicgo as well. Can't really tell, but the top tray looks like the right corner is angled...like on Comicgo. It seems to have more in common with Comicgo than either of my Ginza's. On a closer look at the back pic, there are some condition issues. Of course the brittle plastic that all winning balls go to the seesaw through...has crumbled just before the seesaw. This of course make the balls fall out the back, and miss the seesaw. The wire attached to the jackpot release arm has a curved wire that touches the jackpot in the center. This is most likely the seesaw reset wire, and should be straight, and touch the back of the seesaw when seesaw is in the down position...held by a metal guide. That part easily fixed. When trying to see if the top tray was angled...I noticed that the top of the frame is gone. Not that bad to fix, but new wood on an old frame. The plastic cover is the real issue. It is going to be brittle. and more will break off as you mess with it. Most of it will be sound... but it will have weak spots. All 3 of my machines of this vintage have some issue with the plastics on the back, it is just the nature of 60 year old plastic. There are things that can be done to fix it...and make it playable, just depends on how much ORIGINAL you are trying to preserve. I am curious how the back of the GINZA looks.
    I talked to the seller on the phone today, he says a family member brought them back from Japan in the '50s. He was curious about how I found them...so I told him about PACHITALK. Really nice guy, he just wants these machines to go to someone who can appriciate them.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 11-11-2012 at 10:36 PM.

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I almost forgot...another important cover needs to be made. When a winning ball pushes down the jackpot arm (after leaving seesaw), it pushes up a flat metal GREEN bar ( all 3 of my '50s have the same GREEN parts), which dumps "tray 1". "Tray 1" pours these balls onto "tray 2", this tray activates the trapdoor linkage that drops balls from the center. Since the balls change from going left off of "tray 1", to going right on "tray 2...and bumping into one another as they do this...they can, and will fall off track as a jackpot sequence is being performed. Another easy fix, just try to make it look as original as possible. If that sort of thing bothers you. If anyone is interested, these are the things that I can see. Looks like an easily playable machine...just needs someone with enough patience to fix the minor ills it has. If you want to restore as an original...you might have a problem!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I may be interested in one if available. I would really love a nice example of a single ball for my collection.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am really only interested in one. I have 2 Ginza's. I had issues, and I polished it to death. the other is untouched and complete. I'm saving it as original for someone who has more money than sense! The problem with it is...I traded a pachislo for it EVEN STEPHEN. But I paid shipping to Washington state for a very heavy box...and he paid shipping foe a relatively light box to Ohio. All in all...that Ginza ended up costing me around $200. So, I don't expect to be selling it anytime soon! If these two don't sell locally, I'll have him send me more pics...maybe I'll buy both and we can work something out. Or you can call him and see what you can do. He seems willing to ship, and needs to make space. I don't really need 2 more machines...but I do like an off name brand! Even though I suspect it is the one with all the issues mentioned above. Go for it! If you have him send pics...post them here, I'll point out anything that I notice. I do have 2 Ginzas...anything BIG will be noticed.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall